• Welcome to all New Sikh Philosophy Network Forums!
    Explore Sikh Sikhi Sikhism...

Fitna The Movie

Hmmm? What are your thoughts?

I was once told

‘If you have a head full of scripture…then essentially what you have, is a head full of ideas that have stopped growing…in other words; a head full of dead ideas

At every sharp corner in your life, you scramble to find scripture to support yourself. Similar to how an opium fiend reaches for his pipe.

Death related tendencies then come naturally, when the opium has complete control over your life (when it cannot be rejected). Suicide/Homicide/Hysteria follows, when strong emotions become impervious to reason.’

Scriptures are Flawed?…
The translators are Flawed?…
ALL HUMANS ARE FLAWED?
Doesn’t blame exist in some dynamic equilibrium?

(something the movie maker left out…he forgot to insult himself)

:star::star: out of 5 stars

BhagatSingh

SPNer
Apr 24, 2006
Hmmm? What are your thoughts?

I was once told

‘If you have a head full of scripture…then essentially what you have, is a head full of ideas that have stopped growing…in other words; a head full of dead ideas

At every sharp corner in your life, you scramble to find scripture to support yourself. Similar to how an opium fiend reaches for his pipe.

Death related tendencies then come naturally, when the opium has complete control over your life (when it cannot be rejected). Suicide/Homicide/Hysteria follows, when strong emotions become impervious to reason.’

Scriptures are Flawed?…
The translators are Flawed?…
ALL HUMANS ARE FLAWED?
Doesn’t blame exist in some dynamic equilibrium?

(something the movie maker left out…he forgot to insult himself)

:star::star: out of 5 stars
why would he insult himself?
the movie loses 3 stars just because the he doesnt??

how do teh paras (in red) relate to the movie?

if he had given a single quote from the quran that was related to peace ... i would consider 2.5 stars....objectivity is what i look for

other than that the story-write is not letting you think...but telling you what to think...and that deserves a low grade

very poorly done, these types of sub-par "documentaries" are a dime-a-dozen on the internet.

(the quotes in the red are for you to think about...as they were for me...they are not my words...and they do relate to this documentary)

cheers

dalsingh

SPNer
Jun 12, 2006
London
After watching the video two important questions entered my head:

(1) Is the presentation a balanced portrayal?

(2) Are the west inncocent victims of Islamic fundamentalism?

This is what I think in respect to these (to my mind) important questions?

(1) Is the presenation a balanced portrayal?

I would say absolutely not. Bear in mind I live in an area that currently has some locals in court over allegations of a serious planned terrorist attack in London. (So yes I believe Islamic fundamentalism is a serious threat.) I also witnessed many Muslim youths become increasingly insular and disconnected with those who were nonMuslims as a result of a certain style of preaching. The problem with the movie was that is seems to imply all Muslims are potential Al Qaeda types. Yes, many people symphathise and support their ideology but many Muslims do not. The danger with the message in the vid is that may possibly alienate some Muslims and give fundamentalists a larger pool of potential recruits. This is a foolish strategy. I personally believe that as well as Muslim fanatics we also have some white supremicist extremists who would love to encourage and foster wide scale, street level conflict in Europe under the guise of a West versus Islam banner. Islamists have their own equivalents in European Nazis.

(2) Are the west innocent victims of Islamic fundamentalism?

Anyone with even a cursory grasp of recent global history will know that Europeans have been engaged in all manner of colonisation and imperialism including: raidng countries for resources, enslaving populations, be this through straight slavery or indentured trading. They have also meddled unbelievably in the global setup that has directly resulted in mass murder and ethnic cleansing (partition of India is a blatant example.) We cannot ignore the white supremicist actions that has helped bolster and give rise to Islamists. From arming and training them when they were involved in battles against perceived common threats (Afghanistan) to turning a blind eye to human rights abuses for oil and money (Saudi Arabia.) To attacking countries on false premises of serious threat (Iraq.) These people have created a cause for fundamentalist with their own actions.

As Sikhs we know the dangers of Islamic fundamentalism more than most. We also have a history that demonstrated victory against this way of life in the Panjab. Contrast this with the crusades undertaken by the European fighting elite - which returned home defeated by Saladin. Honest questions need to be asked by people now. What part have their own policies/actions played in creating the current state of affairs. Making videos that throw all the blame in one direction is rubbish. It may well be that the west is in threat due to their own decedance and Islamist are taking advantage of this.

BhagatSingh

SPNer
Apr 24, 2006
well it was meant to show how islam relates to terrorism, and i think it has definitely done that.
You don't win arguments by giving balanced views on an issue. An argument always takes on one side if it is used to prove something.

dalsingh

SPNer
Jun 12, 2006
London
well it was meant to show how islam relates to terrorism, and i think it has definitely done that.
You don't win arguments by giving balanced views on an issue. An argument always takes on one side if it is used to prove something.

I think many clued up people are aware of the Wahhabi type Islam interpretation that is behind all the deep "anti-infidel" hatred. Yes, growing up around a large Muslim population has led me to believe that their are some who would like to bring the sword to infidels given half a chance. But many aren't preoccupied with this. The danger lies in pushing those that wouldn't to become those that would. Right now, Islamic fundamentalism is growing.

What do you make of Maharajah Ranjit Singh's success in integrating Muslims of Panjab into a Sikh empire and subduing the fanatics around what is now the North West Tribal areas of Pakistan? I believe the west could learn from it myself.

:hmm:

You don't win arguments by giving balanced views on an issue.

An argument always takes on one side if it is used to prove something.

"In a heated argument we are apt to lose sight of the truth"- Publilius Syrus

Objective discussions are better and far more convincing...or an argument amongst good friends.

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM