• Welcome to all New Sikh Philosophy Network Forums!
    Explore Sikh Sikhi Sikhism...

USA Family Wants Justice For Man Murdered At Wells Fargo

spnadmin

1947-2014 (Archived)
SPNer
Jun 17, 2004
Las Vegas, NV (KTNV) – Nearly 3,000 Sikhs, or immigrants from India, live in Southern Nevada. Many fear that a deadly robbery involving one of their own is a sign they are all targets.

Sikhs say their distinctive headgear – turbans – set them apart. But they hope this was not a factor in a crime they're now asking the community to help solve.

"March 30 was the worst day of our lives. It changed our lives forever."

It was the day Amandeep Kaur's husband, 31-year-old businessman Amanpreet Singh, the father of their two-year-old and four-year-old sons, was robbed, shot and killed while making a deposit at the Wells Fargo bank branch near Eastern and Sunset.

"These people need to be caught and punished. What they did was cowardly and selfish."

Singh's family and dozens of Sikh community members gathered at the offices of the Las Vegas Metropolitan Police Department on West Oakey Tuesday to donate $5,000 to Crime Stoppers, and to thank Lamar Advertising for billboards asking for tips to help catch the killer.

These immigrants from Northern India fear that the murder was a hate crime and that Singh was targeted for the distinctive turbans they wear.

Tips to Crime Stoppers have helped solved three homicides this year. They hope Singh's case will be the next.

"Please help us get justice so that my husband may rest in peace," says Amandeep.

A family spokesperson says the surveillance video from the bank shows two suspects and two vehicles, one which was used as a getaway car. A white Dodge Stratus was left at the scene.

The Las Vegas Metropolitan Police Department, along with the FBI and the Justice Department, are handling this as a murder investigation. Anyone with information is asked to call Crime Stoppers at (702) 385-5555.

http://www.ktnv.com/story/14519689/family-donates-5-thousand-dollars-to-help-catch-a-killer

Attachments

• 14519689_BG2.jpg
    14519689_BG2.jpg
    21.6 KB · Reads: 257

Mai Harinder Kaur

Mentor
Writer
SPNer
Oct 5, 2006
British Columbia, Canada
Something very sad has happened in me. Reading this, my first thought was not, "How terrible!" or "I wonder if it was a hate crime?" My very first thought was "I hope it wasn't another Sikh."

I guess all this Sikh on Sikh violence is getting to me. All the gurudwara violence. The murdered Singh found in the burning car. Not to mention what's going on in Punjab. I feel for the widow and children and pray that the catch the culprits whoever they are.

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM