• Welcome to all New Sikh Philosophy Network Forums!
    Explore Sikh Sikhi Sikhism...

Even The Demigods Were Not Perfect

Nov 16, 2007
So a mammukh gets exactly what a Gurmukh gets!! If thats the case then whats the point of "Kev saceara hoi-ai kev koorai tutai paal. Hukam raja-ee calna Nanak lekhea naal. P.1
ikv sicAwrw hoeIAY ikv kUVY qutY pwil Ò hukim rjweI clxw nwnk iliKAw nwil Ò" ?
Kaur-1 ji, Manmukhs can get even more than Gurmukhs.
Focus more. Answer is the key to next level. I am posting just to clarify the tuk, nothing to do with rest of the discussion.
Special Note: Accepting Hukm does not mean fatalism.

Aug 27, 2005
Baltimore Md USA
It is the same absolute. Some call Him Allah, some Jevohah, some call Him Vishnu, others know Him as Shiva.
But when you think Shiva as one of 3.3 billion (or some other numbers) gods or one of the trimurti guys, you are not thinking of Him as absolute.

I assume you have not read any of my posts on spiritual matters. So I will repeat. When I mention my beliefs on spiritual matters that is what they are. I claim no exclusivity to Truth as it can be said many ways. Also it matters not what name a person chooses to call The Absolute, the names you mentioned are fine and so is Great Spirit or Bob or Horace.

You mentioned the multitude of Gods and demigods and I think revealed a misunderstanding of the concept.

I think we both agree that The Creator is beyond our comprehension or real understanding. What all are aware of are aspects of (insert the name of your choice) those being rain, sunshine, prosperity, good crops, death well I could go on and on. So in order to address the immensity of the Supreme being all of these aspects have been given names as demigods but they are in no way separate from The Absolute.

Peace
Satyaban

Aug 27, 2005
Baltimore Md USA
"According to Granth sahib even the demigods were not perfect."

Isn't the above quote to give hope to all. Do we all not do harm in either thought or deed everyday or in some other manner, I think we do.

I think we all agree that the Self, atman, jiva or whatever the Punjabi word is eternal without beginning or end. I also think we all believe that the Self will reunite with The Absolute. Where we differ on is The Self's journey in between.

It is my belief that whatever lives will die and whatever is dead shall be reborn. So what is the purpose? Spiritual evolution to achieve reunion with God is my answer. Can this be achieved in one's current life, I think so but not without previous lives. It happens everyday. If someone does not believe in rebirth it is a Pascal's Wager meaning there is nothing to lose and is covered either way. Does anyone believe that we live this life and return to The Creator no matter how we behaved and what or who we harmed? I sure don't. So I ask, "If you don't believe in rebirth what are the possibilities for the real Self when a person's "cash" karma and lifestyle does not warrant moksha or reunion with The Creator?" I used the term cash karma because to a person with a "one lifetime" belief there can be no other kind. How acts of multiple murder or suicide can be reckoned with such a belief I don't know.

Anyway the stories about demigods are there to teach us much as Greek mythology involved its gods in the same type of affairs humans
have.

So after all of that I am not sure where this thread has wandered to.

Peace always
Satyaban

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM

📌 For all latest updates, follow the Official Sikh Philosophy Network Whatsapp Channel: