• Welcome to all New Sikh Philosophy Network Forums!
    Explore Sikh Sikhi Sikhism...

India Even Animals Won't Do What Cops Are Doing: Supreme Court On Rising Police Atrocities

Jan 6, 2005
Metro-Vancouver, B.C., Canada

Even animals won't do what cops are doing: Supreme Court on rising police atrocities

PTI Posted online: Thu Apr 25 2013, 13:29 hrs

M_Id_379814_Aligarh_incident.jpg

A policeman is seen hitting a woman with a baton during a protest against the rape of a six-year-old in Aligarh. (AP)

New Delhi :
Taking strong exception to a police officer slapping a young girl during a recent protest against rape of a minor, the Supreme Court today sought explanation from the Delhi Police chief on the incident.
A Bench headed by Justice G S Singhvi directed the Police Commissioner to file an affidavit to explain why a young girl was beaten up during the protest against the rape of five-year-old here.

Also taking cognisance of another incident of police brutality in Aligarh where a 65-year-old woman was assaulted, the bench directed the Uttar Pradesh Chief Secretary to file an affidavit on the incident.

Describing such incidents of police excesses as "insult to the country", the apex court said they have to be prevented.

"Even an animal won't do what the police officers are doing everyday in different parts of the country," the Bench said while referring to the Aligarh incident.

"Is your government left without shame?" the Bench asked Gaurav Bhatia, the counsel appearing for the UP government.

The court, while slamming the state government, also recalled the resignation by Lal Bahadur Shastri from the post of the Railway Minister taking moral responsibility following a railway accident.

"Where has your sense gone?" the bench said, adding, "How can police officers beat an unarmed lady?"

The court made the observations with regard to a recent protest at a Delhi hospital during which an ACP slapped a young girl at least four times. The ACP was later suspended.

The second incident which the bench took note of was reported from Aligarh where an elderly woman was assaulted by the police during a protest against the alleged rape and murder of a six-year-old girl.

source: http://www.indianexpress.com/news/e...me-court-on-rising-police-atrocities/1107476/

BlazinSikh

SPNer
May 6, 2011
Croydon, London, England
Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa, Waheguru Ji Ke Fateh!

Forgive me if my comment may offend anyone who is/wanting to be a police officer.

But the fact is the police of today no matter whatever country we live in are never doing their job for the sake of the people, however for the sake that its a job that they have to do because there is nothing much out their to do. The polices jobs is to help maintain both sides of the argument to a rest, and to help people see the middle path, rather than the left side or right side, and the police are meant to be stopping criminals from committing the crime they wish to or already have committed.

From reading the article we could see that the Indian police force are those who follow their own rules, personally i believe every community no matter who should be unified rather then relying on police to help distribute peace to society.

Sorry for the close minded opinion.

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa, Waheguru Ji Ke Fateh.

Harry Haller

Panga Master
SPNer
Jan 31, 2011
But the fact is the police of today no matter whatever country we live in are never doing their job for the sake of the people, however for the sake that its a job that they have to do because there is nothing much out their to do.

http://www.odmp.org/search/year/2012

A certain Lt Brian Murphy may disagree with you.

The truth is that being in the Police is just like being a Sikh. Some people go for the image, some like to play with all the toys, but there is a number, quite a large number that just wish to use their time and resources helping others, protecting and serving.

Let us not lump all bad apples as one, there are certain countries where Justice gets top billing, there are others where Justice is merely a commodity, in both cases, it is what flows from the top that gets embraced.

500 Years later, we are still trying to get people to think for themselves, to embrace what they know in their hearts as correct, to recognise truth and truthful living, but its not working, those whose living is entwined with control and corruption, will do anything to prolong this state of affairs.

I wish those that embrace the truth had the courage to shout out from the rooftops, but no one wishes to upset the apple cart and risk losing all those lovely apples.

I am sorry to say that at times, the latter includes all of us, a nice convenient warm glow of compromise, instead of the inconvenient fiery heat of truth.

Brother Onam

Writer
SPNer
Jul 11, 2012
Gurfateh!
I must say, even amidst the general ill repute of police globally, the Indian police lately have really distinguished themselves as especial low-lifes. I would hope that for the sake of Indian dignity, the Indian police force somehow pull themselves out of the mire of international shame and disgrace.
Looking at the accompanying photo, I am struck by how grown men with kevlar vests will beat an unprotected woman with lathi, a woman protesting a heinous rape! I see age-old bigotry, patriarchy, sexism and ignorance on physical display.
Shame on the lot of them.

Inderjeet Kaur

Writer
SPNer
Oct 13, 2011
Seattle, Washington, USA
Animals attack for one of two reasons: food or fear/defence. They do not attack from hatred or maliciousness. (This is modified in some domestic animals that have learned these from man.)

Make that 3 reasons. Some animals get violent during mating season.

kds1980

SPNer
Apr 3, 2005
INDIA
Animals attack for one of two reasons: food or fear/defence. They do not attack from hatred or maliciousness. (This is modified in some domestic animals that have learned these from man.)

Make that 3 reasons. Some animals get violent during mating season.

Animals do attack for hatred. Lions kill Cheetah , leopards and Hyena whereever they found them

kds1980

SPNer
Apr 3, 2005
INDIA
Cheetah, leopards and hyenas are competitors for food. which is why lions kill them. Very practical and unemotional.

Cheetah's hunt different types of prey than Lion , Infact many times Lions benefit from cheetah by stealing their kill. There are many documentries where reseachers are trying to find this answer that why lion kill cheetah whenever they find them, still no answer

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM