• Welcome to all New Sikh Philosophy Network Forums!
    Explore Sikh Sikhi Sikhism...

Ethics - Discuss Ideas Not People

Apr 11, 2007
People get too personal in posts. This should be a forum to discuss ideas a forum to be clear and concise when talking about issues and a person trying to explain themselves should not be looked at in a personal view. Also when a person is explaining themselves they should be clear and concise to help one understand the theory of the other. If the theory can not be understood by another member then it should be up to that member to try and ask the other member to clear up there understanding on that theory not to attack. Now Issac Newton discovered gravity it does not mean, that you would discuss Issac Newton for who he was or what he was about to get to the idea of gravity, you would discuss the theory the idea that gravity exsists. A few more things that come to mind when pondering this analogy. The law of gravities exsitance was long before Issac Newton discovered it. Now just because he happen to be the person that wrote about it does not mean he created it, or for some reason that without him it would not have exsisted. This analogy could be carried to varies debates. My focus would be to start a thread but to discuss the idea. For instance I may debate the idea (theory), that white people are more clever than black. Or black people are more stronger than white. Now the idea would be to try and debate the ideas and to try and use the idea to see if it does make sense or not, either way. Not you are wright and you are wrong as no one knows for sure. Even the laws and physics we know of today are just theories, but these are theories when put into practice work. Who can really say for 100 % for sure that in the future these theories we thought were wright may really be wrong and do they really exsit. The law of gravity could just be a figment of your imagination, why does hellium not affixate to the law of gravity some may argue it does it is all apart of the atmosphere. Where do you go when you die. Only god is the truth. These are all theories that seem to work. The question is will they work forever or will these theories change, and if they did would you get these personal attacks on the people for simply thinking another way. DISCUSS IDEAS NOT PEOPLE.

Randip Singh

Writer
Historian
SPNer
May 25, 2005
United Kingdom
People get too personal in posts. This should be a forum to discuss ideas a forum to be clear and concise when talking about issues and a person trying to explain themselves should not be looked at in a personal view. Also when a person is explaining themselves they should be clear and concise to help one understand the theory of the other. If the theory can not be understood by another member then it should be up to that member to try and ask the other member to clear up there understanding on that theory not to attack. Now Issac Newton discovered gravity it does not mean, that you would discuss Issac Newton for who he was or what he was about to get to the idea of gravity, you would discuss the theory the idea that gravity exsists. A few more things that come to mind when pondering this analogy. The law of gravities exsitance was long before Issac Newton discovered it. Now just because he happen to be the person that wrote about it does not mean he created it, or for some reason that without him it would not have exsisted. This analogy could be carried to varies debates. My focus would be to start a thread but to discuss the idea. For instance I may debate the idea (theory), that white people are more clever than black. Or black people are more stronger than white. Now the idea would be to try and debate the ideas and to try and use the idea to see if it does make sense or not, either way. Not you are wright and you are wrong as no one knows for sure. Even the laws and physics we know of today are just theories, but these are theories when put into practice work. Who can really say for 100 % for sure that in the future these theories we thought were wright may really be wrong and do they really exsit. The law of gravity could just be a figment of your imagination, why does hellium not affixate to the law of gravity some may argue it does it is all apart of the atmosphere. Where do you go when you die. Only god is the truth. These are all theories that seem to work. The question is will they work forever or will these theories change, and if they did would you get these personal attacks on the people for simply thinking another way. DISCUSS IDEAS NOT PEOPLE.

Parma ji,

I must apologise on this occaision but the direct and indirect insults by the self confessed Agnostic , Ekh Musafir is more than I can take.

I know we are meant to be calm in the face of adversity but I cannot tolerate Bullies like this fellow any more.

Saying that, I will try and restrain myself in future.

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM

📌 For all latest updates, follow the Official Sikh Philosophy Network Whatsapp Channel: