• Welcome to all New Sikh Philosophy Network Forums!
    Explore Sikh Sikhi Sikhism...

English Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji And Sikh Rehat Maryada SRM

sikh15

SPNer
Jun 18, 2013
United States
Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa, Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh,

I apologize if this is in the wrong forum, but I didn't see anything else that matched what I am asking for in this thread.

I am looking for hard copies of English translations of the Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji (preferably by a reputable Sikh translator and publisher) and the Sikh Rehat Maryada. Does anyone know how I can obtain them for little or no cost?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Kind Regards,

Justin

P.S.-I live in Illinois, USA if it matters.

Gyani Jarnail Singh

Sawa lakh se EK larraoan
Mentor
Writer
SPNer
Jul 4, 2004
KUALA LUMPUR MALAYSIA
Re: English SGGS and SRM

You can order the SGGS by Manmohan Singh in 8 Volumes published by SGPC.
The SRM is FREE and downloadable form SGPC also. There are also other ENGLISH translations available...the most "Faulty" ones are free on the Internet !! Those you have to take with a healthy dose of "salt" !!..but never the less better than NONE..

sikh15

SPNer
Jun 18, 2013
United States

Thank you for your response. I tried contacting the SGPC regarding the free English SRM they offer and I haven't heard anything back. I also don't know how much the SGGS volumes are on there or how to order them. I live on a fixed limited income and can't spend a whole lot on books.

I know about the online versions of things. I have PDF's of both the SGGS and SRM, but I need hard copies (the physical books in my hand). Even the SGGS translation I have, now I'm not sure if it's even a reliable one.

Thank you for the suggestions, especially letting me know that the Manmohan Singh translation of SGGS is reliable.

-Justin

Gyani Jarnail Singh

Sawa lakh se EK larraoan
Mentor
Writer
SPNer
Jul 4, 2004
KUALA LUMPUR MALAYSIA

I can post you a hard copy of the SRM, if you give me your postal address by PM. I have an extra copy of the 8 volume Manmohan Singh set... i will see if i can get it posted as parcel post and how much it costs.. Me too on fixed income (Retired)

Last edited by a moderator:

findingmyway

Writer
SPNer
Aug 17, 2010
World citizen!
Re: English Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji and SRM

Thank you for the suggestions, especially letting me know that the Manmohan Singh translation of Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji is reliable.

-Justin

No single translation is reliable. It is best to look at a few and put them together as each has its personal slant. Also check out the Gurmat Vichaar section of the forum. Shabad of the week (link near top of page) is currently with the meanings of the individual words so you can have a go at translating yourself :icecreamkudi:

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM