• Welcome to all New Sikh Philosophy Network Forums!
    Explore Sikh Sikhi Sikhism...

Doubt Is Humble

Excessive doubt in everything is annoying and could lead to an unsustainable stage of psychosis.

Those who doubt everything are usually the ones who end up watching NASCAR just to critique the cinematography.
They kinda turn into douchebags like Bill Maher….or they go off the hook loony and start wearing tin foil hats in their elderly years.

So in conclusion,
Only doubtfully doubting doubtable events will lead to humility.

And also I would like to add, Doubting doubt is a doubtful practice of life

ok bye bye tata

:up:

BhagatSingh

SPNer
Apr 24, 2006
haha

Well you have to remember that there has to be balance in life.
A sort of balanced doubt perhaps...

Of course, anything to that extreme like you mention... is going to be detrimental.
*************** But he brings this new take on being humble. That is what I want to discuss... that being humble does NOT mean you believe whatever and accept any nonsense that comes your way.

Please use a civil tongue! aad0002

Last edited by a moderator:

friend

SPNer
Apr 13, 2009
There was always a doubt and there will always be doubts, it is in human nature to doubt. The only being that doesn't doubt in anything is GOD.

I also agree with sinister's views.

Admin

SPNer
Jun 1, 2004
SPN
There was always a doubt and there will always be doubts, it is in human nature to doubt. The only being that doesn't doubt in anything is GOD.

Dear friend (real name?),

Fair enough. We may have good things to learn from you. :) What is GOD according to you? Please share your perspective.

Regards

friend

SPNer
Apr 13, 2009
Dear friend (real name?),

Fair enough. We may have good things to learn from you. :) What is GOD according to you? Please share your perspective.

Regards

Aman Singh ji, just like the water doesn't come to the drinker, the teacher doesn't come to the student. I have come to you, to learn, to understand, Sikhism is far more than the Sikh these days think.

I will never be able to explain to you God as good as Guru Nanak Dev ji did.

"There is but One God, His name is Truth, He is the Creator, He fears none, he is without hate, He never dies, He is beyond the cycle of births and death, He is self illuminated, He is realized by the kindness of the True Guru. He was True in the beginning, He was True when the ages commenced and has ever been True, He is also True now." (Japji)

I would ask you to read SGGS to learn more.

BhagatSingh

SPNer
Apr 24, 2006

Friend ji
I understand the concept embedded in Sikhism (Sargun-Nirgun) would allow such a statement, and its totally cool that you believe in it. BUt if you don't mind, let me "doubt" this statement.
Are you saying the God is irrational and unreasonable? Since reason and rationality on some sort of level DOES require doubt.
Would that be a intelligent way of decribing God?

spnadmin

1947-2014 (Archived)
SPNer
Jun 17, 2004
Is God beyond reason and rationality, beyond doubt and certitude, beyond description in words that label all that which is limited by human experiences, and concepts that are hatched in human minds?

BhagatSingh

SPNer
Apr 24, 2006
Is God beyond reason and rationality, beyond doubt and certitude, beyond description in words that label all that which is limited by human experiences, and concepts that are hatched in human minds?
Exactly what I wanted to get at.

The answer to the question is yes. The answer to that question is also NO because if we said yes than that is doing exactly that i.e limiting him to human experience.

And there you have Sargun and Nirgun.

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM

📌 For all latest updates, follow the Official Sikh Philosophy Network Whatsapp Channel: