• Welcome to all New Sikh Philosophy Network Forums!
    Explore Sikh Sikhi Sikhism...

Does Ones Country Comes First Or Ones Religion ?

Jul 13, 2004
Canada
Country is taken as a mother land, and not just a piece of land. While religion is there to lead us in a disciplined way, but country takes over (as first) before religion. This decision is perhaps more important for people who are in a country's defence forces, where religion just cant take over. This is a personal opinion though.

Jul 13, 2004
Canada
Of course, foundation comes before the building can come into existence.

I am still struggling to co-relate
foundation --> religion
building --> country

Actually doubting the validity of this question to question.

I am considering this from the point of view, that duty comes first e.g. a defence officer is going to work for defence of country giving religion a back seat. 20 years ago, Operation BlueStar by Indian Army! and we know the most of top shot positions in defence services are occupied by sikhs, and sikhs are so much scattered on the complete defence spectrum. Though there were some, who were court martialled, but majority were there who did their duty first.

Regards.

Tejwant Singh

Mentor
Writer
SPNer
Jun 30, 2004
Henderson, NV.
ThinkingOne ji,

Guru Fateh,

We are all very much aware that Sikhs have no homeland. The recognition of SIKHI in the country of its birth has been denied by the Hindu fiends of India for whatever lame justifications they may have in thier poarochial minds.

We are protected much better in the countries we reside in than in our own homeland.

We can only defend a country if and when our own foundation is recognised which is based on our faith, in our case Sikhi.

When Sikhi was recognised by the Britsin India, we helped the westrern world fight injustice marching side by side in both World Wars. Sikhs were personally responsible for saving lots of Jews.

So what I meant by my question to a question was that until Sikhi is recognised in its birth place, there will be a big void between the country and the faith.
In other words only with our faith we can defend our country whichever it may be.

A Sikh's realm is where VAHEGURU resides and where doesn't HE??

Peace & Love

Tejwant

Jul 13, 2004
Canada
Thanks Tejwant ji.

Coming back to SP ji's original question, my stand contains conditions as follows:
1. If country tells me to chose between country and religion, then religion is my first choice.
2. If country recognizes my religion, and doesnt having any conditional acceptance, then I am ALL for that country.

Just to mention, before getting into these discussions, I used to feel Punjab is the homeland for sikhs. But now looking at broader prospective, and taking sikhi as a way of life, limiting sikhi to just one place is not justified.

Best Regards.

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM

📌 For all latest updates, follow the Official Sikh Philosophy Network Whatsapp Channel: