• Welcome to all New Sikh Philosophy Network Forums!
    Explore Sikh Sikhi Sikhism...

Do You Think You Are Khalsa?

Do You Think You Are a Khalsa? Please Share You Views...

• Yes, I think so!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No, I am not!

Votes: 9 26.5%
  • No, But I am trying

Votes: 25 73.5%
  • I am not Sure! I do not really know the answer!!

Votes: 1 2.9%

• Total voters

Tejwant Singh

Mentor
Writer
SPNer
Jun 30, 2004
Henderson, NV.
Still only LORD can be pure bascially because He alone is capable of the Law He created. People simply go by their own perception but nobody knows The Truth - The Law He created.

Lord once again is most appropriate as The Creator is the highest power there could ever be. After He is The Creator of everything....

PCJ,

Guru Fateh.

Thanks for showing your intellectual dishonesty in this post as well as you have done in the other thread.

I have no idea about your English skills but it seems you did not comprehend what I said. Try to read it again and if you have any questions, please do not hesitate to ask.

What does pure hearted mean to you?

And who is this Lord of yours? Why are you scared to share the truth as a truthseeker you claim to be?

Where's your personal integrity? Does your Lord teach you about it or not?

Tejwant Singh

spnadmin

1947-2014 (Archived)
SPNer
Jun 17, 2004

Forum members, I want to point something out for purposes of discussion. Below is the very first comment in thread. It was started by PCJ himself in 2007. After several retirements the thread has come back into the current discussion, resurrected by PCJ himself.

The comment below is set up so that nothing meaningful can result from a discussion.

No matter how the question is answered, the answer will be incorrect. What is the point?

Well folks,

Many people refer to themselves as Khalsa. Some people even use Khalsa as their last name.

Just wondering...

First of all, do you even know what Khalsa is supposed to be?

Second, is there supposed to be anyone better than Khalsa?

Third, do you think you are a Khalsa?

Finally, doesn't referring to yourself as Khalsa automatically make you not a Khalsa?

----------------------------------------
----------------------------------------

Here are some ordinary definitions of the word "troll"

• circulate, move around
  • cause to move round and round; "The child trolled her hoop"
  • sing the parts of (a round) in succession
  • angle with a hook and line drawn through the water
  • (Scandanavian folklore) a supernatural creature (either a dwarf or a giant) that is supposed to live in caves or in the mountains
  • sing loudly and without inhibition
  • round: a partsong in which voices follow each other; one voice starts and others join in one after another until all are singing different parts of the song at the same time; "they enjoyed singing rounds"
  • praise or celebrate in song; "All tongues shall troll you"
  • a fisherman's lure that is used in trolling; "he used a spinner as his troll"
  • speak or recite rapidly or in a rolling voice
The idea being to go around in circles, and even the idea of being lured like a fish into the never ended circles is included. The Internet origins for the meaning for "troll" is very similar.

From Wikipedia. The contemporary use of the term is alleged to have first appeared on the Internet in the late 1980s,<sup id="cite_ref-nyt_2-0" class="reference">[3]</sup> but the earliest known example is from 1992. It is thought to be a truncation of the phrase trolling for suckers. That phrase is itself derived from the fishing technique of slowly dragging a lure or baited hook from a moving boat, waiting for fish to strike, a technique known as trolling. The word also evokes the trolls portrayed in Scandinavian folklore and children's tales, as they are often creatures bent on mischief and wickedness. The verb "troll" originates from Old French "troller", a hunting term. The noun "troll", however, comes from the Old Norse word for a mythological monster.

We are being trolled here, and we were being trolled from the beginning.

<sup id="cite_ref-Online_Etymology_Dictionary_5-0" class="reference"></sup>

PCJ

Mar 26, 2008
Fremont, California
PCJ,

Guru Fateh.

Thanks for showing your intellectual dishonesty in this post as well as you have done in the other thread.

I have no idea about your English skills but it seems you did not comprehend what I said. Try to read it again and if you have any questions, please do not hesitate to ask.

What does pure hearted mean to you?

And who is this Lord of yours? Why are you scared to share the truth as a truthseeker you claim to be?

Where's your personal integrity? Does your Lord teach you about it or not?

Tejwant Singh

Although someone with pure heart is not same as pure, fin dme someone who even has a pure heart.

Pure in spirituality is as pure as The Lord Himself. Someone who behaves exactly like The Lord Himself is only worthy of being called Pure.

spnadmin

1947-2014 (Archived)
SPNer
Jun 17, 2004

Forum members, I want to point something out for purposes of discussion. Below is the very first comment in thread. It was started by PCJ himself in 2007. After several retirements the thread has come back into the current discussion, resurrected by PCJ himself.

The comment below is set up so that nothing meaningful can result from a discussion.

No matter how the question is answered, the answer will be incorrect. What is the point?

Here are some ordinary definitions of the word "troll"

• circulate, move around
  • cause to move round and round; "The child trolled her hoop"
  • sing the parts of (a round) in succession
  • angle with a hook and line drawn through the water
  • (Scandanavian folklore) a supernatural creature (either a dwarf or a giant) that is supposed to live in caves or in the mountains
  • sing loudly and without inhibition
  • round: a partsong in which voices follow each other; one voice starts and others join in one after another until all are singing different parts of the song at the same time; "they enjoyed singing rounds"
  • praise or celebrate in song; "All tongues shall troll you"
  • a fisherman's lure that is used in trolling; "he used a spinner as his troll"
  • speak or recite rapidly or in a rolling voice
The idea being to go around in circles, and even the idea of being lured like a fish into the never ended circles is included. The Internet origins for the meaning for "troll" is very similar.

From Wikipedia. The contemporary use of the term is alleged to have first appeared on the Internet in the late 1980s,<sup id="cite_ref-nyt_2-0" class="reference">[3]</sup> but the earliest known example is from 1992. It is thought to be a truncation of the phrase trolling for suckers. That phrase is itself derived from the fishing technique of slowly dragging a lure or baited hook from a moving boat, waiting for fish to strike, a technique known as trolling. The word also evokes the trolls portrayed in Scandinavian folklore and children's tales, as they are often creatures bent on mischief and wickedness. The verb "troll" originates from Old French "troller", a hunting term. The noun "troll", however, comes from the Old Norse word for a mythological monster.

We are being trolled here, and we were being trolled from the beginning.

<sup id="cite_ref-Online_Etymology_Dictionary_5-0" class="reference"></sup>

Let's keep these comments in mind before we reply to this thread and get lost in a swamp of irresolvable arguments. Thanks.

Feb 28, 2012
Pure is Khalsa and naming yourself khalsa wont make you Pure, even if you are amritdhari. To be a Khalsa ( pure) you have to live life as per Sri guru Granth sahib says. I have seen many people using name khalsa and they were even amritdhari doing deeds that Khalsa wont even think about.
SSA.

Aug 28, 2010
There was a time when it was easy to become Sikh and difficult to become Khalsaa,but Now it is easy to become a Khalsaa but difficult to become a Sikh.
We are not adopting the concept of Khalsaa as it should have been.We are terribly entangled in defing a Sikh as Khalsaa only.
Prakash.s.Bagga

Ambarsaria

ੴ / Ik▫oaʼnkār
Writer
SPNer
Dec 21, 2010
We are terribly entangled in defing a Sikh as Khalsaa only.
Prakash.s.Bagga
Prakash.S.Bagga ji can you please elaborate on the underlined? I don't fully understand.

Please refer to SRM to show any deviation from the definition of a Sikh as compared to Khalsa. By the way Khalsa is not defined in SRM. Khalsa is a "Qom"/Panth/Sikhism-followers and Sikh is a person.

Thank you.

Sat Sri Akal.

chazSingh

Writer
SPNer
Feb 20, 2012
pooran joth jagai ghatt mai thab khaalas thaahi nakhaalas jaanai ||
Such a man, in whose heart shines the full Divinely Radiant Light is a true a pure Khalsa.

jaagith joth japai nis baasur eaek binaa man naik n aanai ||
He the Khalsa meditates on the Ever-radiant Light, day and night, and rejects all else but the one Lord from the mind.

When one becomes so Pure from within that not a single thought arises in their mind associated with:

Ego: I am me, you are you, this is mine, that is yours.
Greed: i want more, i do not have enough.
Desire: His wife/Husband is just what i want, one woman isnt enough, can't wait to eat some meat, can't wait to eat some lovely saag, that property is nice...thats what i want. etc etc
Anger: how dare you speak to my kids like that, i'll show revenge to you, you took my chair without asking!!, you cut across my car..how dare you..etc etc etc
Attachment: My children are mine, your children are yours. Look after only your own family. My car is so beautiful i love it, my new coffee tabkle is so nice i dare not have anyone spill anything on it. etc etc

Once you reach a state of holding these thoughts back and letting the one single all knowing, love filled, compasionate, caring, humble, protector of all of mankind thought enter your mind and nothing else...you can then be called a PURE TRUE khalsa.
This thought comes straight from your soul which is connected to universal flowing naam within you and in all of creation

A True Khalsa is God in all his glory walking the earth amongst us.
Everyone else (including me)...we are all still pulluted within :)

This is just to my current understanding...i am a mere sinner and full of filth...
may god bless us all.

Luckysingh

Writer
SPNer
Dec 3, 2011
Vancouver
Well, I am not amritdhari. But I am more khalsa in my mind and within than I am on the outside.
I think the goal to be as much and pure khalsa is attained from the spirituality within that also matches the physical khalsa image expressed with the bana so too say. You can have one without the other, but to have both is the sikh goal.
Miri Piri comes to mind.

Waheguru
Lucky Singh

Gyani Jarnail Singh

Sawa lakh se EK larraoan
Mentor
Writer
SPNer
Jul 4, 2004
KUALA LUMPUR MALAYSIA
Miri Piri comes to mind.............
hmmmmmmmmmmmm.........

hOW IS miri "REPRESENTED" ??
HOW IS PIRI "represented"......

hmmmmmmmmmmm
Why MIRI and PIRI..and NOT
Piri-Miri ??

Didnt PIRI seem to come first ( as always propogated that the First 5 Guurs were PIRI..and MIRI started with Guru hargobind Sahib Ji..?? so then why is it MIRI first...??

Actually MIRI...and OUTSIDE which shows..distinguishes..sets us apart and easily IDENTIFIABLE entities...is way way EASIER than the INSIDE..PIRI..which ONLY a PIR can achieve easily....only a Supreme PIR like Guru Arjun ji can sit calmly on the Hot Plate and say..na ko beri nahin beganna ...Dosh na kahoon devohn..Tera Bhanna Meetha Laggeh..

However any 2 bit pretender can wear a 5 ft kirpan, 200 yard dastaar, 6ft wide kamarkassa, 9 yard kachera and 2 20kg karras and 10 kg kangha !!.............and scream bloo.dy murder if his little finger gets scorched...no such thing a s dosh na kahoon devohn..na ko beri..etc etc.. Just Watch the hundreds of U-Tube videos of such "Miri Khalsa" in Gurdwara Fights...!!! Killing/slashing brother Miri Khalsas !!( who belong to opposite side of course ha ha )

Gyani Jarnail Singh

Sawa lakh se EK larraoan
Mentor
Writer
SPNer
Jul 4, 2004
KUALA LUMPUR MALAYSIA
Miri Piri comes to mind.............
hmmmmmmmmmmmm.........

hOW IS miri "REPRESENTED" ??
HOW IS PIRI "represented"......

hmmmmmmmmmmm
Why MIRI and PIRI..and NOT
Piri-Miri ??

Didnt PIRI seem to come first ( as always propogated that the First 5 Gurus were PIRI..and MIRI started with Guru hargobind Sahib Ji..?? so then why is it MIRI first...??

Actually MIRI...and OUTSIDE which shows..distinguishes..sets us apart and easily IDENTIFIABLE entities...is way way EASIER than the INSIDE..PIRI..which ONLY a PIR can achieve easily....only a Supreme PIR like Guru Arjun ji can sit calmly on the Hot Plate and say..na ko beri nahin beganna ...Dosh na kahoon devohn..Tera Bhanna Meetha Laggeh..

However any 2 bit pretender can wear a 5 ft kirpan, 200 yard dastaar, 6ft wide kamarkassa, 9 yard kachera and 2 20kg karras and 10 kg kangha !!.............and scream bloo.dy murder if his little finger gets scorched...no such thing a s dosh na kahoon devohn..na ko beri..etc etc.. Just Watch the hundreds of U-Tube videos of such "Miri Khalsa" in Gurdwara Fights...!!! Killing/slashing brother Miri Khalsas !!( who belong to opposite side of course ha ha )

:whatzpointsing::whatzpointsing::whatzpointsing::whatzpointsing::whatzpointsing:...just to show that "inside" and "outside" are NOT that easy to balance.......superbly as the likes of Baba Deep singh, Mani singh, Bhai gurdass Ji, bhai Ghaniyah ji Baba Banda singh ji Sahibzadehs Fateh singh Zorawar singh Ajit singh Jhujhaar singh etc etc did...we should STOP claiming such Fake things....BOTH claims of.."I am a Good Sikh/khalsa" INSIDE..and "I AM a Good Khalsa because I LOOK like ONE..are FALSE NOTIONS....a wholesome EGG has BOTH..White and Yellow...Yolk and White...there is no such thing as a "white" only egg or a Yolk only Egg....:whatzpointsing::whatzpointsing::whatzpointsing:

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM