• Welcome to all New Sikh Philosophy Network Forums!
    Explore Sikh Sikhi Sikhism...

Do You Find This Sikh Joke Funny?

Do you find this Sikh Joke funny?

• Yes

Votes: 18 45.0%
  • No

Votes: 17 42.5%
  • Other (must reply)

Votes: 5 12.5%

• Total voters

polpol

SPNer
Jun 14, 2010
My father's favorite (it may get deleted, but I find it very funny with some truth in it)

Why do Greek wives always make love in the dark with their eyes shut? They hate seeing their husbands enjoying themselves.:disguestedkudi:

Mai Harinder Kaur

Mentor
Writer
SPNer
Oct 5, 2006
British Columbia, Canada
Sorry if im being off topic or being a bit racist but here's a joke against Muslims:
'Strike back at Islam, run into your local mosque with 10 pounds of sausages strapped to your chest' :happymunda:
Maybe a bit racist and you should say PORK sausage because there really is kosher (beef or turkey) sausage. Although I'm sure Muslims wouldn't be too happy about kosher meat either.

And, yeah, it's funny, at least to me.

Mai Harinder Kaur

Mentor
Writer
SPNer
Oct 5, 2006
British Columbia, Canada
I just read this one in Sikhchic. It brought a huge smile to my face. Talk about chardi kala!

During the time when terror was unleashed in Punjab and youth were being rounded up and beaten mercilessly by the police, there was one case of a suspected militant leader who, despite being beaten for one week, wouldn't utter a word. At the end of one week, he announced one day he would talk but first they must treat him well. "I want my body to be massaged with oil, and feed me well if you really want me to talk." They did all that and then said "Now, talk!". "OK, I am ready, you can beat me for another week now, no problem!cheerleader

Ambarsaria

ੴ / Ik▫oaʼnkār
Writer
SPNer
Dec 21, 2010
Jokes are a question of taste. We can all laugh with taste or be crude and insensitive by ignorance (forgiveable) or by design and mal-intent (the worst kind and often used in Hindi cinema by showing pretent Sardar characters in stereotype roles and stupid Bhangra and dance movements and badly tied dastars, this disgusts me as it shows control of Hindi cinema and its mis-use against minorities).

Now to the question of jokes here is one perhaps many may have heard before. I will write it in two versions with one Christian and one Sikh as it will also kind of reflect and flag religious dichotomy.

Christian Version:

Great floods are starting to enter a town with mostly Christian residents. A man is standing in the town square with water knee deep.

People are evacuating and they suggest he move out with them to higher ground. He says he will not move and utters "Jesus will sa
ve me".

The flood waters keep rising. Now the waters are waist high. A brave soul comes by and request that he join them to a higher ground. The man refuses and says ,"Jesus will save me".

The waters keep rising and now chest high almost to his neck. A man in a little dingy comes by and request he hop in and join him to escape the flood. The man resists and says "Jesus will save me".

The man drowns. He gets to the heavens gate (I want to be kind to the man as it could be Hell's gates, who knows), he is asked "What brought him there!". The man says "Jesus did not save me".

From the background he hears a sound and it seems like the voice of Jesus. The voice says, "Listen buddy, I tried to save you and I sent all these Christian helpers. You refused. What more in the name of Jesus I am supposed to do!"

Sikh Version:
Great floods are starting to enter a town in Punjab with mostly Sikh residents. A man is standing in the town square with water knee deep.

People are evacuating and they suggest he move out with them to higher ground. He says he will not move and utters "God will save me".

The flood waters keep rising. Now the waters are waist high. A brave soul comes by and request that he join them to a higher ground. The man refuses and says ,"God will save me".

The waters keep rising and now chest high almost to his neck. A man in a little dingy comes by and request he hop in and join him to escape the flood. The man resists and says "God will save me".

The man drowns. The departed souls are meeting at a local Dhaba (roadside delicious food joints in Punjab) he is asked "What brought him there!". The man says "God did not save him from the flood".

From the background he hears a sound and it seems like the voice of an old man's soul. The voice says, "Listen buddy, God's men tried to save you and God within each spoke. You refused. What more can God do!"

Sat Sri Akal

PS: Hint on the difference.

• Christians:
    • Christ is in-charge of rescue and directs the followers.
  • Sikhism:
    • God within each is there to help and Godliness qualities are in each whether these come to the fore or nought.

Harry Haller

Panga Master
SPNer
Jan 31, 2011
John, who was in financial difficulty, walked into a church and started to pray. ''Listen God,'' John said. ''I know I haven't been perfect but I really need to win the lottery. I don't have a lot of money. Please help me out.'' He left the church, a week went by, and he hadn't won the lottery, so he walked into a synagogue. ''Come on, God,'' he said. ''I really need this money. My mom needs surgery and I have bills to pay. Please let me win the lottery.'' He left the synagogue, a week went by, and he didn't win the lottery. So, he went to a mosque and started to pray again. ''You're starting to disappoint me, God,'' he said. ''I've prayed and prayed. If you just let me win the lottery, I'll be a better person. I don't have to win the jackpot, just enough to get me out of debt. I'll give some to charity, even. Just let me win the lottery.'' John thought this did it, so he got up and walked outside.
The clouds opened up and a booming voice said, ''John, buy a damn lottery ticket.''

palaingtha

SPNer
Aug 28, 2012
The Canadian Posts have issued a Postage stamp commemorating the Komagata Maru Episode. The Members of Gaddar Movement were not permitted entry into Canada and the ship was redirected to India. After the Budge Budge tragedy the ship moored in a Singapore Port and the remaining Sikhs that escaped arrest disembarked there.
One of them reached Mandalay, Burma. In 1950 I met this Sardar of about 60 years, serving as Head Granthi of the Gurdwara there. He had an in-depth knowledge of Sikh way of life, much different from Hindus, and Gurbani.
He initiated me to Sri Guru Granth Sahib and guided me to a good extent.Whenever there was an issue of opinion on Sikh ethos I always sought his opinion and was a force in correcting practices of the Gurdwara Management Committee that were not in conformity with Sikh way of life and Sikhism.He had the guts to speak the truth even when faced with very influential person's rigid stance. He was alive when I migrated to India in 1965.
He was a very honest, humble and sincere person.

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM