• Welcome to all New Sikh Philosophy Network Forums!
    Explore Sikh Sikhi Sikhism...

General Do We As Sikh's Believe That There Is Going To Be A Great War In The Future?

vhero

SPNer
Jan 23, 2008
Do we as Sikh's believe that there is going to be a Great War in the future? And if you can reference where it was said. Im asking because i am curious about if it has any relations with the Year 2012, the year that is supposed to bring great change to the world, and catastrophe.

pk70

Writer
SPNer
Feb 25, 2008
USA
Vhero Ji
You havent answered ny question, I wont ask you again; let me give you a Guru bachan to ponder over in this context

ਆਪੇ ਪੂਰਾ ਕਰੇ ਸੁ ਹੋਇ ਏਹਿ ਥਿਤੀ ਵਾਰ ਦੂਜਾ ਦੋਇ ਸਤਿਗੁਰ ਬਾਝਹੁ ਅੰਧੁ ਗੁਬਾਰੁ ਥਿਤੀ ਵਾਰ ਸੇਵਹਿ ਮੁਗਧ ਗਵਾਰ ਨਾਨਕ ਗੁਰਮੁਖਿ ਬੂਝੈ ਸੋਝੀ ਪਾਇ ਇਕਤੁ ਨਾਮਿ ਸਦਾ ਰਹਿਆ ਸਮਾਇ ॥੧੦॥੨॥
Whatever the Perfect Lord Himself does, that alone happens. The omens attached to these Lunar and Solar days create double mindedness and duality. Without the True Guru, there is pitch darkness. Only the fools and idiots observe the omens regarding the days, lunar and solar. Realising God, by Guru's grace, one obtains understanding, and ever remains merged in the One Name.

Decision is yours. Thanks for asking very crucial question.:happy:

Last edited by a moderator:

dalsingh

SPNer
Jun 12, 2006
London
Do we as Sikh's believe that there is going to be a Great War in the future? And if you can reference where it was said. Im asking because i am curious about if it has any relations with the Year 2012, the year that is supposed to bring great change to the world, and catastrophe.

Word of advice. Stay away from nonsense like this.

All we need to wonder about is if the world is to end, (whenever that is), regards having tried to live well?

If you try and live good everyday, you have no need to worry about any supposed apocalypse and judgment.

These end of the world predictions come around every few years.

drkhalsa

SPNer
Sep 16, 2004

It is very curious thing in recent times that I also observed over media

May be you already know this but just in case

this above mentiioned year and specific date is so called last date of MAYANIC Calender ( old civilization )

so the evrybodies guess who knows about this is that world is going to end as their is no further calender

sorry for the babble now coming to pint you are interested in

Sikhism prospective

1) It has been mentioned in Gurbani about creation and destruction of this world many times again and again its very unique thing about Gurbani ( also may be it finds mention in vedas aswell not sure!) so it can happen anytime as in will of god and Year 2012 could be it who knows?

2) Sikh literature (Sau Sakhi ..... not sure) do mention the emergence of KALKI AVTAAR in Kalyug that will bring order to the creation .

But I woeld remind you that al this stuff is fascinating and has no utility as practically as we can never be happy knowing about the future so as Dalsingh mentioned above just CHILL about such stuff and carry on as usual.

P.S most major thinker / Spirtual leaders agree that 2012 is going to be important landmark as far as Collective human counciousness is concerned so it means the ones who live thier live in right prospective today will take major leap to new age Aquarian age so there is always something to cheer about even if its disaster >>>>>>

Astroboy

ਨਾਮ ਤੇਰੇ ਕੀ ਜੋਤਿ ਲਗਾਈ (Previously namjap)
Writer
SPNer
Jul 14, 2007
It appears to me that we are the germs who are being ferried across the cosmos on this magnetic device called earth. During its regular route, the zodiac is the scenery..........
But the hub called the sun is also moving across the bigger 'sun' and its circumference of billions of suns called stars have their center in this galactic spiral.....

So we the germs are worried if the 'merry-go-round' is having a power shut down. :hmm:

What can we do ? Only pray to our Master.

Page 667, Line 5
ਕਿਆ ਹਮ ਕਿਰਮ ਨਾਨ੍ਹ੍ਹ ਨਿਕ ਕੀਰੇ ਤੁਮ੍ਹ੍ਹ ਵਡ ਪੁਰਖ ਵਡਾਗੀ ॥
किआ हम किरम नान्ह निक कीरे तुम्ह वड पुरख वडागी ॥
Ki*ā ham kiram nānĥ nik kīrė ṯumĥ vad purakẖ vadāgī.
What are we? Tiny worms, and microscopic germs. You are our great and glorious Lord and Master.
Guru Ram Das - [SIZE=-1]view Shabad/Paurhi/Salok[/SIZE]

spnadmin

1947-2014 (Archived)
SPNer
Jun 17, 2004
NamJap ji

Thanks. This is written in a very poetic way, and makes me wonder why we worry about things we can't do anything about.;) And with pk70, I think I will stick with Guru bachan too.

pk70

Writer
SPNer
Feb 25, 2008
USA
........ and never chain the mind with delusions, illusions and hallucinations, it has already a lot of to do.
Right on Sinister's cheers .....and amarsanghera's journey.....

vhero

SPNer
Jan 23, 2008
Very Interesting, Yes, I do agree with you guys that we shouldn't worry, what will happen, will happen. Yes, and I dont think any of the calendars or prophcies or whoever is talking about 2012 says the year the world's going to end but rather the year where the world greatly changes. I have a question, lets say the world is going to face diasaster in 2012 and the Planet Nibiru is going to cross our path and send radiation potentially harming others (Just refering to the documentary). If we as sikh's are able to save lives, should we be doing that? Thanks

Bhul Chuk Maf.

Astroboy

ਨਾਮ ਤੇਰੇ ਕੀ ਜੋਤਿ ਲਗਾਈ (Previously namjap)
Writer
SPNer
Jul 14, 2007
Page 87, Line 12
ਲਿਵ ਧਾਤੁ ਦੁਇ ਰਾਹ ਹੈ ਹੁਕਮੀ ਕਾਰ ਕਮਾਇ ॥
लिव धातु दुइ राह है हुकमी कार कमाइ ॥
Liv ḏẖāṯ ḏu*ė rāh hai hukmī kār kamā*ė.
Loving attention to the Lord and attachment to Maya are the two separate ways;
all act according to the Hukam of the Lord's Command.

Guru Amar Das - [SIZE=-1]view Shabad/Paurhi/Salok

[/SIZE]Page 87, Line 15
ਗੁਰ ਪਰਸਾਦੀ ਮਨੁ ਜਿਣੈ ਹਰਿ ਸੇਤੀ ਲਿਵ ਲਾਇ ॥
गुर परसादी मनु जिणै हरि सेती लिव लाइ ॥
Gur parsādī man jiṇai har sėṯī liv lā*ė.
Those who conquer their own mind, by Guru's Grace,
lovingly focus their attention on the Lord.

Guru Amar Das - [SIZE=-1]view Shabad/Paurhi/Salok[/SIZE]

Feb 14, 2006
Lunar and solar days refer to Jyotish or following guidance of horoscopes. Prophecies are another matter entirely and are the God's warning and guidance. We are upsetting the natural order and the balance of life. There is in fact something we can do about these unchangeable events, and something we are being repeatedly urged to do in all the prophecies of major religions and cultures of the planet:

Become holy! Become purified in your life, mind and heart! Become spiritual people who help the poor and suffering! Live in right balance with nature and in a way which is dharmic and does not upset the balance of the Earth. Have reverence for all life. Don't be greedy! Don't be violent! Don't support unjust wars! Don't corrupt spirituality with worldly success! Don't pollute spiritual teaching by colluding with evil forces for success!

If you don't believe in prophecies, I invite you to consider that everything below has been predicted, thousands of years, hundreds of years, a decade ago, and here is the fulfillment of it:

YouTube - Nasty pollution in China

YouTube - U.S. Economy Just How Scared Should You Be?

YouTube - Flooding Swamps Iowa City, Drinking Water Scarce

YouTube - Southern California Wildfires 2007
This was my second firestorm on the mountain. I can tell you today, even before the summer, the evergreen trees of the forest are about 1/3 orange brown, the place is tinder. And right now Northern California is battling flames. We don't have the finances or the resources to keep fighting these battles. We don't have the economy or the housing market to even sell these homes. The computer projections for global warming show this entire region will have increasingly dramatic firestorms and eventually become desert. California is pushing toliet to tap programs that will bring purified sewage water to tap water due to the shortages. Last year we had a heat wave that killed at least 160 by official estimates and possibly higher due to under-reporting.

I know 2 days ago was the first time in 5 years I had ever seen a scorpion in the mountains... and it was in my house. This year we had a snowstorm the week before the month of June. Snow...in summer? Melting earth poles? The American Indian prophecies say that as the fourth world nears a close there will be mass extinctions, and new animals will emerge which belong to the fifth world. Animals will be seen where they don't belong due to weather changes and climate imbalances. There won't be enough food. One third of the human population will die from warfare, disease, starvation brought about by sinful living and ignoring the balance of God's harmony. America will be destroyed, possibly by the gourd of ashes that will fall, which Hopi elders believe is nuclear.

The prophecies say go to the four corners of traditional Hopi land, between New Mexico, Arizona, Colorado and Utah to avoid the gourd of ashes that will fall. These prophecies were predicted hundreds of years before white men ever came to this land. The Indian elders since my childhood have always warned about the weather. Now that I'm an adult, I'm still in shock over just how much has come true. You don't realize how soon it will be before we need to be in cooperative spiritual farming communities.

Sikhs who left farms in Punjab to come to American cities to live as Americans do creating wealth and success and multi-million dollar temples and disregarding the wisdom prophecies of a culture already living here will soon see the error of their choices. This land is already under a curse because of genocide. And living as the heedless people do, relying on wealth and supporting industries which destroy the balance of life will absolutely create a karma of catastrophe. And the Vaishnavas who built farming communities will be the ones who can feed the people in the future when money can't buy bread. We need to be creating self-sustaining farms with well water! And living dharmically which is the essence of all spiritual teaching.

But you don't have to listen. Keep ignoring. I guarantee you one day soon, you won't be able to ignore because change will be forced on all of us. That is the purpose of the Purification time. Everything was predicted. We've known for hundreds, even thousands of years. Why are we still in denial? Why are we still sleeping? We know what's coming, why pretend it's not already happening? The world needs us awake, pure hearted, and prepared. How else will we be able to help the suffering people? Hurricanes, Tsunamis, Firestorms, food riots, wars, and you deny the power of prediction? The fact Gurbani describes things in terms of yugs tells you something. Which yug is this? What do you think is going to happen? What do you think is the purpose of it happening? What is the message and why aren't we listening?

YouTube - Hurricane Katrina

California may have had hundreds more heat-wave deaths last July than the state reported

Severe California Heatwave Kills People, Livestock and Crops
25,000+ cattle died, nearly 700,000 chickens died in the California heat wave
(I know about this because my cousin lives where they have a lot of cattle and poultry ranches)

FOXNews.com - Experts Fear Much of U.S. Could Face Water Shortage

The World's Growing Food-Price Crisis - TIME

There is little doubt left in the minds of professional biologists that Earth is currently faced with a mounting loss of species that threatens to rival the five great mass extinctions of the geological past. As long ago as 1993, Harvard biologist E.O. Wilson estimated that Earth is currently losing something on the order of 30,000 species per year — which breaks down to the even more daunting statistic of some three species per hour. Some biologists have begun to feel that this biodiversity crisis — this “Sixth Extinction” — is even more severe, and more imminent, than Wilson had supposed.
The Sixth Extinction (ActionBioscience)

YouTube - 'Call of Life' Facing the Mass Extinction Trailer

"Take care of the animals during these days. I am the creator and preserver of animals as well as man. I shall give you a few signs beforehand, at which time you should place more food before them. I will preserve the property of the elect, including the animals, for they shall be in need of sustenance afterwards as well...

"How unconcerned men are regarding these things! Which shall so soon come upon them, contrary to all expectations. How indifferent they are in preparing themselves for these unheard of events, through which they will have to pass so shortly! The weight of divine balance has reached the earth! The wrath of My Father shall be poured out over the entire world! I am again warning the world through your instrumentality, as I have so often done heretofore. "This catastrophe shall come upon the earth like a flash of lightning! At which moment the light of the morning sun shall be replaced by black darkness!

"Again and again I have warned men, and often have I given them special opportunities to return to the right path; but now, wickedness has reached its climax, and the punishment can no longer be delayed. Tell all that the time has come in which these things shall be fulfilled."
~Padre Pio, Feb. 7, 1950

You have to go out of your way to ignore the warnings. They're literally screaming at us to make changes in ourselves and in the way we treat each other. Those changes are the real meaning of spiritual Dharma. Is there going to be a great war in the future? That's why Kalki avtaara is coming. food shortages, energy and fuel shortages, economic instability, injustices, all these are the causes of war. Now we are seeing far more than any single cause. We are watching the cascading of events.

12The sixth angel poured out his bowl on the great river Euphrates, and its water was dried up to prepare the way for the kings from the East. 13Then I saw three evil[a] spirits that looked like frogs; they came out of the mouth of the dragon, out of the mouth of the beast and out of the mouth of the false prophet. 14They are spirits of demons performing miraculous signs, and they go out to the kings of the whole world, to gather them for the battle on the great day of God Almighty.

15"Behold, I come like a thief! Blessed is he who stays awake and keeps his clothes with him, so that he may not go naked and be shamefully exposed."

16Then they gathered the kings together to the place that in Hebrew is called Armageddon. ~New Testament Bible, Revelation ch. 16
Why would the prophecy above be more than just alarmist imagining? I urge you to look at the words used to describe the massive conflict known as Armageddon.

Euphrates River:
The Tigris-Euphrates alluvial salt marsh ecoregion of the Middle East is characterized by two large rivers, the Tigris and Euphrates. The rivers have several small tributaries which feed into shallow freshwater lakes, swamps, and marshes, all surrounded by desert. The hydrology of these vast marshes is extremely important to the ecology of the entire upper Persian Gulf, in an area called the Cradle of Civilization due to its ancient history.

In the 1980s this ecoregion was put in grave danger as the Iran-Iraq War raged within its boundaries. It also faced one of the massive economic-environmental crimes in modern history: the destruction of Iraq's wetlands.
Tigris-Euphrates river system - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
The Euphrates River runs right through the middle of Iraq. The prophecy says it's water was dried up to prepare the way for the kings of the east. How could the water be dried up? While this has yet to happen, contributing factors are global warming and contaminants of the American-Iraq war. The prophecy could mean something. It could mean nothing. But one thing is certain, it's about the war to end all wars. Right now with war in Iraq, Afghanistan, threatening to engulf Iran and Pakistan, Syria, Lebanon, Israel, America, how long before it would involve Russia, China, and India? What will that do to the world economy, food and water shortages? Was it all predicted?

The Empire of the Khalsa shall prevail.
First, they shall conquer Punjab;
Then other countries shall be theirs;
Hindustan and the North shall be possessed by them;
Then the west shall bow to them.
When they enter Khorasan,
Kabul and Kandahar shall lie low.
When Iran has been laid prostrate,
Arabia shall be conquered and they shall march on to Mecca.
Mecca shall be beheld,
And Medina shall be seized.
Mighty shall be the rejoicing,
And all shall exclaim ‘Vaheguru’.
Unbelievers shall everywhere be destroyed;
The holy Khalsa shall be exalted.
Beasts and Birds shall tremble in the presence of the Lord.
Men and Women shall everywhere call on God.
The Earth, the Oceans and the Heavens shall call on God.
By calling on the Guru shall men be blessed.
Every faith shall become of the Khalsa;
No other religion will remain.
‘Vaheguru’ shall everywhere be repeated,
And pain and trouble shall depart.
In the Kalyug shall the Kingdom be established,
Which Nanak received from the Lord.
~Raj Nama, Sau Sakhi
Karni Nama & Raj Nama - Sau Sakhi - DiscoverSikhi.Com

Euphrvr.bmp

pakistan-map.jpg

YouTube - Broadcast Yourself.

YouTube - Broadcast Yourself.

Guess who is an ally of Iran besides Russia?
YouTube - China Threat

In the kingdom of the True King, Satjug shall be established.
The Khalsa Panth shall rule. The arrows of death shall not touch them.
The Army of the Timeless shall grow and spread like locusts.
All shall wear vestments of blue; no one else shall be seen.
Listen Qazi Rukan Din, ‘The Singhs shall rule’.
The Unholy Sheikhs shall be destroyed. Pirs and Mureeds shall be no more.
All shall recite the one name of the Lord. Then he shall come himself.
The untrue shall not be able to see his glory.
All humanity shall unite and he will distribute provinces.
The Earth shall give food and the mountains shall give diamonds.
Fruits of many kinds there shall be, upon the sight of the timeless.
All shall recite VAHEGURU and achieve salvation.
Many Dharamsalas (places of discussion) shall exist. The Koran and the Mosques shall vanish.
The Lord shall manifest himself in body (as man).
He will make all utter VAHEGURU. All Singhs shall flock under his banner.
All shall know him as the True One. He will sit at the throne of Delhi.
He will establish a kingdom of peace and no enemies will remain.
Wherever the Khalsa turns his eye, the 14 realms shall tremble.
For 14,000 years, this kingdom shall remain.
Wealth will be collected and food shall be distributed.
The naked and the starving shall all receive; no one will go without.
Sayeth Nanak, ‘Rukan Din, This is how it shall be’.
~Karni Nama, Sau Sakhi

Guruji is the Vishnu avtaara. Kalki avtaar will be Guru Gobind Singh Ji. This is why the prophecies of Guru Nanak appear in Vedas.

ko-yaa-nis-qa-tsi (from the Hopi Indian language) n. 1. crazy life. 2. life in turmoil. 3. life out of balance. 4. life disintegrating. 5. a state of life that calls for another way of living.

~Bhul chak maaf

Randip Singh

Writer
Historian
SPNer
May 25, 2005
United Kingdom

There is a constant war,

but it is not outside, but within. The Battle to subdue Kaam, Krodh , Moh, Lobh and Hankaar occurs within each and every one of us.

Page 310:

ਪਉੜੀ
पउड़ी ॥
Pa­oṛī.
Pauree:

ਸਚੁ ਸਚਾ ਸਤਿਗੁਰੁ ਅਮਰੁ ਹੈ ਜਿਸੁ ਅੰਦਰਿ ਹਰਿ ਉਰਿ ਧਾਰਿਆ
सचु सचा सतिगुरु अमरु है जिसु अंदरि हरि उरि धारिआ ॥
Sacẖ sacẖā saṯgur amar hai jis anḏar har ur ḏẖāri­ā.
Truest of the True is the Immortal True Guru; He has enshrined the Lord deep within His heart.

ਸਚੁ ਸਚਾ ਸਤਿਗੁਰੁ ਪੁਰਖੁ ਹੈ ਜਿਨਿ ਕਾਮੁ ਕ੍ਰੋਧੁ ਬਿਖੁ ਮਾਰਿਆ
सचु सचा सतिगुरु पुरखु है जिनि कामु क्रोधु बिखु मारिआ ॥
Sacẖ sacẖā saṯgur purakẖ hai jin kām kroḏẖ bikẖ māri­ā.
Truest of the True is the True Guru, the Primal Being, who has conquered sexual desire, anger and corruption.

ਜਾ ਡਿਠਾ ਪੂਰਾ ਸਤਿਗੁਰੂ ਤਾਂ ਅੰਦਰਹੁ ਮਨੁ ਸਾਧਾਰਿਆ
जा डिठा पूरा सतिगुरू तां अंदरहु मनु साधारिआ ॥
Jā diṯẖā pūrā saṯgurū ṯāʼn anḏrahu man sāḏẖāri­ā.
When I see the Perfect True Guru, then deep within, my mind is comforted and consoled.

ਬਲਿਹਾਰੀ ਗੁਰ ਆਪਣੇ ਸਦਾ ਸਦਾ ਘੁਮਿ ਵਾਰਿਆ
बलिहारी गुर आपणे सदा सदा घुमि वारिआ ॥
Balihārī gur āpṇė saḏā saḏā gẖum vāri­ā.
I am a sacrifice to my True Guru; I am devoted and dedicated to Him, forever and ever.

ਗੁਰਮੁਖਿ ਜਿਤਾ ਮਨਮੁਖਿ ਹਾਰਿਆ ॥੧੭॥
गुरमुखि जिता मनमुखि हारिआ ॥१७॥
Gurmukẖ jiṯā manmukẖ hāri­ā. ||17||
A Gurmukh wins the battle of life whereas a self-willed manmukh loses it. ||17||

spnadmin

1947-2014 (Archived)
SPNer
Jun 17, 2004
Very Interesting, Yes, I do agree with you guys that we shouldn't worry, what will happen, will happen. Yes, and I dont think any of the calendars or prophcies or whoever is talking about 2012 says the year the world's going to end but rather the year where the world greatly changes. I have a question, lets say the world is going to face diasaster in 2012 and the Planet Nibiru is going to cross our path and send radiation potentially harming others (Just refering to the documentary). If we as sikh's are able to save lives, should we be doing that? Thanks

Bhul Chuk Maf.

vhero ji

The story of the Planet Nibiru is believed to be a fraud. The documentary that I watched about this event was not convincing to me. It linked a lot of speculation to a planetary phenomenon and gave the impression that it (the video) was created to cause Internet hysteria.

The battle within ourselves and many of the current world crises laid out by forum member Harjas ji are more convincing. And these are battles that we still have time to address if we try.:) Some of the prophesied disasters, we cannot do anything about. We can only change ourselves.

dalsingh

SPNer
Jun 12, 2006
London
2012 - The olympics are coming to London. We all know that London is a target for Al Qaeda. So, God forbid, but if anything happens, don't jump around saying it was preordained and the sign of doom and gloom!

I just saw some of that Al Gore documentary on Global Warming the other day. Personally I'm more worried about man destroying the world then God!

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM

📌 For all latest updates, follow the Official Sikh Philosophy Network Whatsapp Channel: