• Welcome to all New Sikh Philosophy Network Forums!
    Explore Sikh Sikhi Sikhism...

FAQs Do Sikhs Go To Church On Sundays?

Admin

SPNer
Jun 1, 2004
SPN
Yes and no. Sikhs worship together in a gurdwara, which is like a church for Christians. Services can be held any day of the week, and since many of their neighbors in the U.S. attend services on Sundays, gurdwaras usually have larger attendance on that day of the week.

pinder13154

SPNer
Nov 2, 2010
if your soul want go on other religious place why u stop your soul to getting some essential food for him i you wanna go go dude

Ambarsaria

ੴ / Ik▫oaʼnkār
Writer
SPNer
Dec 21, 2010
What the... how can you even compare a pavitr gurdwara to such places?
13800038 ji people go to Gurdwaras on all different days and also in larger numbers on specific days of greater importance in Sikhism.

Some people go early in the morning to listen to "Asa di Vaar" in a quiet reflecting environ. Sikhism is blessed that in general the attendance in Gurdwaras to interact with "Sangat" (congregation) is much more than say Christian churches. This is of course not true for all churches.

Hope above is of some clarification.

Sat Sri Akal.

Last edited:

Admin

SPNer
Jun 1, 2004
SPN
Well, consider i am a Christian child of 6-10yrs, how will you tell me about a Gurdwara in a language he understands at his age level. Remember this section is for students. This section is here to polish off replies to such questions so that when somebody asks such a question, kids are ready or a general idea of how to approach the reply.

If you can improve this reply then this section would have served its purpose.

Gurfateh

:)

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM

📌 For all latest updates, follow the Official Sikh Philosophy Network Whatsapp Channel: