• Welcome to all New Sikh Philosophy Network Forums!
    Explore Sikh Sikhi Sikhism...

Do Sikh Youth Have Good Role Models?

truthseeker

SPNer
Aug 11, 2004
Ontario, Canada
Untrackablesikh,

if you are in the UK, there is a group called BOSS(British Organisation of Sikh Students) who are very good, doing all sorts of sewa for the Sikh youth.

You can find them here;

[SIZE=-1]www.boss-uk.org[/SIZE]

[SIZE=-1]Cheers,[/SIZE]

[SIZE=-1]Lee.[/SIZE]

Waheguru ji ka khalsa, Waheguru ji ki fateh

also here in Ontario, Canada, there are SSA's ( Sikh Student Associations) at every university. Im not sure about the rest of Canada but i believe they have something similar as well.

Personally i think that there are plenty of role models for us youth out there, we just dont look hard enough. I know so many people who are awesome role models for us. But like some one posted before some people do fall into certain "jathas" or what not... but honestly who cares as long as they dont discriminate cuz you are not "one of them".
There is this one Singh who is very very well known, and he belongs to an certain jatha... but hes an awesome person with an avusta that could blow a moorakh like me out of the water. He has his thoughts on the sangat that i keep and stuff, but not once has he ever said anything about it. HE has helped me, and many others with what ever questions that we may have.
So my point is that we have many role models we just gotta look.

Maybe i have just been blessed to have these role models in my life, but i can only speak from what i know
Bhul chuk maaf

Waheguru ji ka khalsa, Waheguru ji ki fateh

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM