• Welcome to all New Sikh Philosophy Network Forums!
    Explore Sikh Sikhi Sikhism...

Hinduism Do Animals Have A Soul? Why Do Many Sikhs Eat Meat?

Gyani Jarnail Singh

Sawa lakh se EK larraoan
Mentor
Writer
SPNer
Jul 4, 2004
KUALA LUMPUR MALAYSIA
Amarjit ji, How so?

If this is true then it would be especially good for pure Gursikhs to eat meat so that they could eat the karma of the animal they eat and help them to achieve mukti. Isn't that so?

So ALL those Wild animals gidharrs, jackals vultures etc whch Consumed the Thousands of Sikh Shaheed bodies must have all achieved MUKTI....must be a whole lot of worms achieveing mukti....becasue very few Sikh Shaeeds were ever cremated...majortiy dead were left to the elements...and all of those bodies had fantastic amonts of good "karma" Gurbani etc !!!!!!!!!! LOL..what an idea ???????/////

Bhagta Singh Ji..THAT very "idea" is behind all those Fairy tales the snat-baba brigade love to tell....you know..in which so and so Guur KILLED aRabbit to give it "muktee"...and the Snake that bit one of the Sikhs in Guur nanak jis time was killed by Guru Gobind Singh ji 220 yeras later becasue apparently Guru NANAK was too busy and promised to take care of it..in 200 years time...lol................

Jan 17, 2012
london uk

LESSONS FROM GOD - Babaji - The aircraft crash- The dead insects
images

One of our flying school aircraft crashed on take-off killing 2 pilots from Biggin Hill Airport Kent.,
images
images
images
images

The Instructor in charge was new. An old friend, it was his first job with us, first flying day.
In his Aircraft preflight checks he forgot to drain water from the fuel tanks, (It had rained very heavily for 2 weeks which allowed water into the fuel tanks).
A Pilot must drain water from the fuel drains before flight. He forgot to do this.
On take off the engine stopped and both instructor and student pilot died in the crash.
I was praying and asking forgiveness for the death of the 2 pilots in our plane,

Babaji appeared & sudddenly the scene changed! I was no longer praying.
images
images

I was driving my car with Babaji. It was night time and the air was thick with Flying Insects which kept hitting the car and dying. Stupid Insects I thought I will have to wash my car later!
I paid no attention to them dying, I spoke, "Babaji where are you taking me?"
Babaji spoke, ''Amarjit, you were only crying for the 2 pilots who died,
what about the countless insects, dying while you are driving?

Why are you not mourning for them as well.
They too have the same soul as the Pilot's.
"Amarjit your heart must always be a temple for the Divine .

I have come to awaken your inner Godhead-

See God in everything you touch, see or do, I am the car you are driving, I am the steering wheel, I am the dying insects, I feel their pain too!.
Learn to walk like the Gods treading on Gods creation.
Learn to breathe like the Gods, Countless organisms too die as you breathe in and out.
Have compassion and love for God at all times!
Every particle of Creation has the same soul/spark of divinity, as does the Human body"
When you are constantly in tune with the divine, praying & radiating love to all then, whatever you harm during day to day actions like - breathing, walking, cleansing your home, garden or workplace, much Karma is forgiven!
.I have come to raise your COMPASSION this is your next level.
Saying this Babaji vanished leaving me to Ponder even more
.love.
Sat Naam Ek Ongkar
Click here: http://www.aaib.gov.uk/cms_resources.cfm?file=/Piper%20PA-38-11%202%20Tomahawk,%20G-BYLE%2011-06.pdf

Click here: Jap Mun SatNaam - Mind Repeat SatNaam - YouTube

Last edited:

Kamala

Banned
May 26, 2011
Canada.
Amarjit, what the.. why are you getting Sai Baba into this.. to be honest I think the one that just passed was a fraud but if you mean the first one I cannot judge since I have never seen him.

BaljinderS

SPNer
Dec 29, 2011
This is funny. Amarjit, are you OK? You finished with your propaganda and attempts to brainwash SPN members?! I don't think its working? Do you??

I wish had the power to see and talk to all these baabe, maybe I would ask them to assist me in BRAIN WASHING people.... because your powers alone are not working.

Jan 17, 2012
london uk
Waheguru satnaam

When we open our heart to God miracles start happening
You are a miracle and so is all creation.

You too have the grace to talk to Babaji
Try it and you will be surprised.

It comes with much grace and practise.

One way to practise is by opening our pathways to Babaji
in meditation.

Its in the depth of silence we hear the voice of God!

Brainwash the sangat on what?
All I have written is the truth
There is much Grace and power in truth!

animals have always been a touchy subject not many people have read this thread so brain washing is unappropriate word to use.
amarjit

This is funny. Amarjit, are you OK? You finished with your propaganda and attempts to brainwash SPN members?! I don't think its working? Do you??

I wish had the power to see and talk to all these baabe, maybe I would ask them to assist me in BRAIN WASHING people.... because your powers alone are not working.

Harry Haller

Panga Master
SPNer
Jan 31, 2011
Rehat Maryada: Section One
Chapter I - Sikh Defined
Article I – Definition of Sikh
Any human being who faithfully believes in:
• One Immortal Being
• Ten Gurus, from Guru Nanak Dev to Guru Gobind Singh
• The Guru Granth Sahib
• The utterances and teachings of the ten Gurus
• The baptism bequeathed by the tenth Guru, and who does not owe allegiance to any other
religion, is a Sikh

Harry Haller

Panga Master
SPNer
Jan 31, 2011
Amarjitji,

I have given up on getting an answer from you, but I will ask once, and only once again

How can you be a Sikh, when you are a devotee of Sai Baba

thanks

BaljinderS

SPNer
Dec 29, 2011
Waheguru satnaam

When we open our heart to God miracles start happening
You are a miracle and so is all creation.

You too have the grace to talk to Babaji
Try it and you will be surprised.

It comes with much grace and practise.

One way to practise is by opening our pathways to Babaji
in meditation.

Its in the depth of silence we hear the voice of God!

Brainwash the sangat on what?
All I have written is the truth
There is much Grace and power in truth!

animals have always been a touchy subject not many people have read this thread so brain washing is unappropriate word to use.
amarjit

Nice try, now you are embarrassing yourself.
Tell me which one of SPN members agree with what you have said?

How many years have studied Sikhism for? Can you read Punjabi and understand Gurbani? Where you getting your knowledge and wisdom from? If its not from Gurbani then its nothing to do with Sikhism.

Jan 17, 2012
london uk
Satnaam Waheguru

I am a devotee of all the eternal Avataars for the same light shines in all.
I have had darshan from Jesus and other masters including Sai Baba Krishna, Guru Nanak, Kali Maa and other Divine Avataars after Guru Nanak Devji blessed me.

I see Guru Nanak even in you,
for you are teaching me to be non judgemental
You are also teaching me to be more compassionate to all.

I served under Guru Nanak Devji Guru Gobind Singhji and Sai Baba in the 19th century.

The only religion I follow is the religion of Love which is what our Guru Granth Sahib is all about

Amarjit

Amarjitji,

I have given up on getting an answer from you, but I will ask once, and only once again

thanks

Harry Haller

Panga Master
SPNer
Jan 31, 2011
The baptism bequeathed by the tenth Guru, and who does not owe allegiance to any other
religion, is a Sikh

Amarjitji

So which part of the above confuses you brother?

BaljinderS

SPNer
Dec 29, 2011
Amarjitji,

thanks

veer ji, forget it. You are not going to get anything from him.
I actually think he is just playing games on us from all the replies we get. Don't give him the satisfaction of a reply.

Jan 17, 2012
london uk
I am Sorry Paji

Please read the PDF file attached on top

I do not need to play games

I do not need the Karma
I am on the Board of Biggin Hill Airport Kent UK

if you want you can read about us in the link I have attached

Please do look at the attachment we Falcon , Ashley Shonu, anoop and I am featured in
the latest Pilot magazine
Our life history is included with photos
I hope you like this

Amarjit Singh Falcon flying Services Biggin Hill Airport
www.falconflyingservices.com

Watch and read about us in l
get_image.aspx

Harry Haller

Panga Master
SPNer
Jan 31, 2011
Amarjitji,

I know you are on the board of Biggin Hill Airport, as indeed is one of my customers, who speaks very highly of you, however I still cannot get a straight answer to a straight question,

how do you reconcile your belief in all these deities with being a Sikh, its a very simple question and one whose answer I am fast losing interest in, as your answers seem to intimate a different man from the one I was led to believe you were.

From what I know about you, you are highly spiritual, a real child of the world, you respect and believe in all religions, which in its own context is wonderful, You sound like a real new age gentleman, I have no ruck with that at all

But this is a Sikh Philosophy website, I have no interest in the Air industry, I want to know how you manage this juggling act of religions, from the basis of furthering my own knowledge. If you cannot answer this, then simply write I cannot answer this rather than giving me more PR about you or your company

Respectfully

Harry

Jan 17, 2012
london uk
My only answer is I see God in every one
even you
I have so many experiences with the divine
which have shown me God is in all.

Even some of my customers have seen the miracles with God
in our aircraft hangar

I have nothing more to say.
What you see of me is what I am

I have had divine experiences which shwoed me what EGO does in people
so I try be be pure as much as I can

If I dont fit in with your sites beliefs then you can ask me and I will remove myself
from this

I thought maybe someof the teaching I have had could benefit but it appears
not.

amarjit

Amarjitji,

I know you are on the board of Biggin Hill Airport, as indeed is one of my customers, who speaks very highly of you, however I still cannot get a straight answer to a straight question,

how do you reconcile your belief in all these deities with being a Sikh, its a very simple question and one whose answer I am fast losing interest in, as your answers seem to intimate a different man from the one I was led to believe you were.

From what I know about you, you are highly spiritual, a real child of the world, you respect and believe in all religions, which in its own context is wonderful, You sound like a real new age gentleman, I have no ruck with that at all

But this is a Sikh Philosophy website, I have no interest in the Air industry, I want to know how you manage this juggling act of religions, from the basis of furthering my own knowledge. If you cannot answer this, then simply write I cannot answer this rather than giving me more PR about you or your company

Respectfully

Harry

Harry Haller

Panga Master
SPNer
Jan 31, 2011
Amarjitji,

I take it you cannot answer my question....

I put it to you that by releasing your full identity, address, telephone number, photo, website etc, that what you are actually doing is preaching here on this forum for people to contact you so that you initiate them into this wonderful world of yours, again, I have nothing against what you preach, if it works for you then great, but it worries me that younger members will read your posts and believe them to be in line with Sikhi, and as there is enough Vedic interference already manifesting itself through subterfuge, we could really do with people being a bit more upfront about their intentions.

I do not believe your intentions are to participate in this forum so we can share your knowledge and experience, I believe your intentions are to attempt to get people to contact you to find out more about your preaching.

A true Sikh believes only in Creator, not Sai Baba or Hanuman, or the myriad of other deities you have communicated with, a true Sikh would simply not believe any of this, and I believe you do our religion a huge disservice by confusing younger members with your views.

Your views are your views, and I respect them, but please do not try and pass them off as Sikhi because they simply are not

Respectfully

Harry

BhagatSingh

SPNer
Apr 24, 2006
Amarjit Singh ji,
I am enjoying your posts and would like an answer to my question that I posed. It was not rhetorical. The more unnecessary suffering we can reduce the better.

Animals (not insects) do have a consciousness thus feel a range of emotions like us but not as much. Their suffering clearly does matter but not equal to or above human suffering. No, humans suffer much more. If there were other animals with a wider range of emotions with a higher consciousness than even humans, then it would be our duty to serve them with our life.
This is why we must care for our parents and elders as their consciousness is higher than ours, their experience more richer. Avatars, Gurus, Sants, Prophets etc also have a higher consciousness even higher than parents and elders. This is why we serve and worship them.

Essentially, I agree with Sam Harris here:
Morality in the Animal Rights Debate with Sam Harris - YouTube

Batman

SPNer
Jan 26, 2012
California
Do animals have a soul?

What is your opinion?

Why do many sikhs eat meat?

I have read a lovely book by Sardar Joginder Singh Talwara
which states extract from Gurbani where eating Meat
is prohibited. If you want a copy of this in English or Punjabi
I have this in PDF form and I can e mail this
to you.

Animals have feelings they have the same organs we have
they have compassion.

So why do many Sikhs eat Meat?
Please tell me.

Amarjit

I realize this is not from the GGS, but I believe essentially the philosophy of the Bhagavad-Gita is correct here.

BG 17-07:
"Partaking of foods in tama guna such as meat, fish, fowl, eggs, wine, alcohol, etc. breeds dark nescience and great ignorance."

The Smiths - Meat Is Murder - YouTube

Nov 14, 2004
Thailand
Batman,

With reference to the song, are you suggesting then that slicing a turkey is murder? And perhaps cooking it and later eating it is also murder? So even a dead body can be killed and one turkey is murdered again and again? Is this not odd?

As far as I’m concerned the quoted text from the Bhagavad Gita, rather than a correct statement about “ignorance” is itself a manifestation not only of the same, but also of wrong understanding about cause and effect (karma) and very misleading.

If you wish to make a statement about a particular wrong or right moral action, you’d need to discriminate one course of action from another and not bunch different things together.

Rules are laid out in order to give a sense of direction but easily become object of clinging. “Not to kill” points to the danger of the bad intention involved in the act and the result that follows from this. Failing to study the mind when involved in any action, one ends up going by outward actions. This is an instance of ignorance coming in when instead, wisdom should be there. From this attachment follows, which in turn encourages more ignorance and attachment to what then must be “rules and rituals”. This latter are in fact a manifestation of wrong understanding and a source of much mischief. At some point wrong understanding with the help of conceit leads to creation of rules that are completely unfounded, such as those professed by vegetarians and vegans in the name of moral purity.

For killing to take place there must be not only the intention to kill, but also a being (living), the act of killing and the resultant death. So you can see here, that intention alone is not enough, not to speak of times when the particular intention is not even present, such as when slicing turkey or cooking and eating it. Indeed someone may cook with the intention to feed someone and allow that person to enjoy a tasty meal, and this must be good, must it not? Why then allow a rule which has no basis in reality to decide what is good and what is bad moral action?

People attach to rules because in following them, they sense that they have achieved something. Creating more rules allows for the same to happen at what is perceived as ‘higher level’ of success. But really, this is all about me, me and me. Attachment will attach to anything and wrong understanding will create imagined rules for attachment to feed upon. But just as wisdom is the forerunner of all that is good, wrong understanding is the forerunner of all that is evil.

Today you think that you are being morally good because you do not kill. But not only does “not killing” have anything to do with an overall behavior, but is an instance of restraint when faced with the prospect of killing, making the wrong association between killing and eating is to encourage a perverted understanding about cause and effect which leads further and further away from the prospect of understanding killing as killing. And the result of this down the road, in this life or the following ones, is all forms of immoral actions, including killing.

There are members here who quickly dismiss karma due to their preferred world view. This too opens the way for all kinds of evil actions as I’ve seen directly and indirectly professed. But I don’t know which is worse, whether this or the one which mistake wrong moral action for right.

Ps: I don’t know how long I will be writing here for. I quit sometime back and am sure some here will ask, why I have decided to come back. I have just embarked on a discussion with a particular teacher from India who I met a few times when he visited Bangkok. I talked to him once about my participation in this group and expressed my frustration with regard to the discouragement of the concept of karma here. He of course does believe in karma and thinks that those who do not, are wrong. (But he is a vegetarian. :-/) Anyway, this is what led me to come here and read again. But I don’t know for how long.

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM