• Welcome to all New Sikh Philosophy Network Forums!
    Explore Sikh Sikhi Sikhism...

General Dhool Ka Phool & Tu Pyaar Ka Sagaar

Scarlet Pimpernel

We seek him here,we sikh
Writer
SPNer
May 31, 2011
In the Self
Re: Dhool Ka Phool

Veer ji My thaiya came to visit from Hellar Punjab India this year ,when we sat together he told me which songs he liked in his youth,I noted the names and played them on you tube for him because he cannot operate a computor ,it was 50 years since he heard them ,he had tears in his eyes when I played them for him.He is Amritdhari with full white beard now but he was transported by the song and seemed to be remembering old loves.As for my age ,I like to think I'm time grown old and good has no expiry date.

Ambarsaria

ੴ / Ik▫oaʼnkār
Writer
SPNer
Dec 21, 2010
Re: Dhool Ka Phool

Sinner ji thanks.

These were some of of the most glorious years of Indian cinema and even some wonderful Punjabi movies. Great lyrics, singers who put their soul out in the songs and the actors who seem to deliver with conviction and belief. Some Punjabi I posted in the following,

http://www.sikhphilosophy.net/punjabi/36485-do-lachhian-punjabi-1959-a.html

http://www.sikhphilosophy.net/punjabi/36483-koday-shah-1953-punjabi-movie-songs.html

The following non-film but still very good,

http://www.sikhphilosophy.net/punjabi/36484-mixed-punjabi-folk-great-traditions.html

The following off topic but how can one not fall in love with this song/performace,

Naya Daur - Reshmi Salwar Kurta Jali Ka - Shamshad Begum - Asha Bhosle - YouTube

Sat Sri Akal.

Gyani Jarnail Singh

Sawa lakh se EK larraoan
Mentor
Writer
SPNer
Jul 4, 2004
KUALA LUMPUR MALAYSIA
Veer Ji ,24 carat gold is always softer than 14 carat gold, by removing the other metals gold becomes purer and our quality becomes steadily purer by removing the 5.

Not REMOVING veer..CONTROLLING the 5....because ALL the 5 were put in place in His HUKM...but we have been given the FREEWILL to "CONTROL" them..so they dont run wild...we ride THEM..not they ride us...

And I like to think that just as its MUCH EASIER to ride a horse with proper equipement...riding boots, kaathee, lagaam etc...the INNER 5 are much easier to control if we have the OUTER 5 !!

And YES the OLD is GOLD holds true here...thanks for the trip down memory lane..although I doubt if I am older than you.....Where would all be without U-TUBE and the INTERNET..ha ha...everything is there in a THALL for us to taste and relish...olden days each one person ahd his own special tapes/LP records...I began accumulating the HMV's that first were as thick as real Tavas, ran at speeds of 78 RPM and a nail was used to pick up the sound after we wound the gramaphone...then came the thinner 33RPM tavas...soon to be replaced byOPEN REEL RECORDERS... the Quad Track looped Tape..the Eight track looped tape..and then the Cassette Tape revolution to CDs DVDs and BluRays...we have come far indeed...BUT the quality of music is not that good as it used to be...

spnadmin

1947-2014 (Archived)
SPNer
Jun 17, 2004
Veer Ji ,24 carat gold is always softer than 14 carat gold, by removing the other metals gold becomes purer and our quality becomes steadily purer by removing the 5.

If I could add to the words of Gyani ji above. The metals are not removed they are transformed in the ancient alchemical system. Base is transformed to sublime. Yes...it is all there by His hukam.

Scarlet Pimpernel

We seek him here,we sikh
Writer
SPNer
May 31, 2011
In the Self
Thankyou for correcting me control is a better description ,transform is true aswell when you change the constituents the alloy changes, it transforms, types of media have changed but the sentiment did not .Like my Dad always says you can use a phone and speak around the world but you are still going to say the same old thing.Hello Ji ,Kidah,, kee haal chaal ,teek thaak, kee kar de yaa,!

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM