• Welcome to all New Sikh Philosophy Network Forums!
    Explore Sikh Sikhi Sikhism...

Decline Of Sikhi In Punjab

Abneet

SPNer
Apr 7, 2013
Ever since the 1980's, Punjab has been decreasing in Sikhi faith. Sikh children are taught the wrong stories about our gurus in their textbook. Theres stories all over the web that complain about how the textbook can't change and how its teaching the students how Sikhism is just a sec of Hinduism.

Recently, the film Sadda Haq has caused a big uproar to Hindus all over India. The Punjab government even banned it. Why are we letting this happen first of all? Why does not one take actions to these threats by Hindustuva Terrorists? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EzuFNBxjIeA

Now days more and more Sikhs are losing their faith especially the girls. Parents aren't even teaching them the GURU's way of life. How can one let this happen?

Why doesn't someone in Punjab step up and fix these problems instead of letting these troubles hang for years. Its time for someone to step up for once like our Guru's would of have and fight for our religion, or possibly our own country. I'm sick of hearing these problems in Punjab when no one is doing anything about it. The whole gov. is corrupt in my opinion and the future of Punjab will be a hell hole if no one deals with the current issues.

I may be only 15, but I know whats going on in Punjab and whats happening to Sikhs not only in Punjab but all over the world.

Someone has to stand up for Sikhs in Punjab for once and for all
Link to description of the Educational System in Punjab
http://sikhfreedom.com/educational.html

Jul 13, 2004
Canada
Abneet ji,

With due respect to everyone's sentiments, if we just stand up for ourselves, our own sikhi, our love for Guru ji, it is all good. As they say, before changing others, let us take responsibility of our own actions first.

Sorry I went a little off-track, but your last line made me write this. Welcome to the forum, I see this is your first post :welcomekaur: Please continue to contribute.

Regards, Arvind.

Abneet

SPNer
Apr 7, 2013
With all due respcet, Arvind I can see what your trying to say but we should care for others and throughout Sikh history Gurus have cared for others in tough times. Right now is a real struggle for Punjab with threats and all these drugs and wrong teachings, someone needs to stand up

Harry Haller

Panga Master
SPNer
Jan 31, 2011
With all due respcet, Arvind I can see what your trying to say but we should care for others and throughout Sikh history Gurus have cared for others in tough times. Right now is a real struggle for Punjab with threats and all these drugs and wrong teachings, someone needs to stand up

oh there are plenty standing up, its just impossible to find someone to go the distance, maybe it is only the Gurus that were able to go the distance, in which case, it is our personal duty to read, understand and live the SGGS in the hope that the sangat is in control rather than one individual.

BlazinSikh

SPNer
May 6, 2011
Croydon, London, England
Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa, Waheguru Ji Ke Fateh!

Abneet Ji, when i read your post ti completely reminded me of the post i started a couple of months back, here is the link to my post, please be welcomed to read it:

http://www.sikhphilosophy.net/sikh-sikhi-sikhism/39384-what-is-happening-to-sikhi.html

Even though your post and my post may come of different i see that what you were saying is what i was saying before, however a user gave me an answer to solve this dilemma that i have issues with, the user goes by the name of chazSingh Ji, and his answer really got me thinking on a much more positive no

there is a simple solution to all of this....Become the embodyment of Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji, realise the truth in it, live it, become it, then lead by example.

only way in life is to lead by example. So better yourself, realise the truth in Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji, then do seva of helping others.

you cannot uplift others, if you cannot uplift yourself

Just my thoughts

Hope this solves the issue you see, if not i'll try my best to answer any further question.

Waheguru Ji Ka Khala, Waheguru Ji Ke Fateh!

Abneet

SPNer
Apr 7, 2013
Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa, Waheguru Ji Ke Fateh!

Abneet Ji, when i read your post ti completely reminded me of the post i started a couple of months back, here is the link to my post, please be welcomed to read it:

http://www.sikhphilosophy.net/sikh-sikhi-sikhism/39384-what-is-happening-to-sikhi.html

Even though your post and my post may come of different i see that what you were saying is what i was saying before, however a user gave me an answer to solve this dilemma that i have issues with, the user goes by the name of chazSingh Ji, and his answer really got me thinking on a much more positive no

Hope this solves the issue you see, if not i'll try my best to answer any further question.

Waheguru Ji Ka Khala, Waheguru Ji Ke Fateh!

Thank you for this answer, and I totally agree with you that we should worry about our own path too, but why not worry whats happenings to sikhs in punjab and especially under the indian government. Its been two decades and not that many people have made a tremendous impact on Punjab's people and economy.

We need to help ourselves and help others. Its not always about ourselves. We Sikhs are brothers and sisters and should look over each other. Because of this someone needs to take action in Punjab because the Sikhi Youth there are getting taught wrong teachings in school.

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM