• Welcome to all New Sikh Philosophy Network Forums!
    Explore Sikh Sikhi Sikhism...

Dastaar In 90 SECONDS FLAT

Gyani Jarnail Singh

Sawa lakh se EK larraoan
Mentor
Writer
SPNer
Jul 4, 2004
KUALA LUMPUR MALAYSIA
Heres MY HERO...
He owns a Turban Tying Academy near Jalandhar..and

He TIES aFantastic looking REGAL DASTAAR in under 90 SECONDS Flat !!
watch the video and judge for yourself...

After 55 years of tying adastaar daily a few times..my fastest time is around 3 minutes...thats LONGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG by this standard...

And my sons take an HOUR or so..and sometimes just Give UP and revert to Patka only...

Watch the Videos..
Can You Tie A Dastaar (Turban) in 90 Seconds?

spnadmin

1947-2014 (Archived)
SPNer
Jun 17, 2004
It is a very sharp, neat, tucked turban. And the style that I like best. But it was more than 90 seconds. Heh Heh Great video

Admin

SPNer
Jun 1, 2004
SPN
Oh Wow! Amazing Stuff!! :wah: I can do it in 3 Minutes and thought i was the quickest... phew! that was real fast man!! :up:

Gyani Jarnail Singh

Sawa lakh se EK larraoan
Mentor
Writer
SPNer
Jul 4, 2004
KUALA LUMPUR MALAYSIA
The Really amazing thing is he is DOING IT ON the OTHER PERSON..not self tying as we all do. ITS NOT at all easy to tie for someone..and it takes extra longer time..and also not so neat..!!..and SAJJEE also..normally if a person ties for another person..the puggh will trun out KHABBEE !!:D:D:D:D

Tejwant Ji..you have got a point there...pun intended...:D:D

Mai Harinder Kaur

Mentor
Writer
SPNer
Oct 5, 2006
British Columbia, Canada
My husband never took less than 15 minutes, although he could have tied it much faster I'm sure.

He always said that tying his turban was like enjoying a gourmet meal cooked by a 5-star chef. Sure, you could just wolf it down, but that would be disrespectful to both the food and the chef and the experience would be lost. Instead, take your time, savour each bite, appreciate the work and skill involved. Enjoy the experience.

And the one time he tied one on me (in Delhi to disguise me as a boy), I'm sure he took even longer. After all, I was his wife and I had to be a convincing boy. I guess I was. Anyway, I looked good.

:ice:

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM