• Welcome to all New Sikh Philosophy Network Forums!
    Explore Sikh Sikhi Sikhism...

Daily English Hukamnama By Professor Sahib Singh Ji 07/05/2012

KirpaProject

SPNer
May 6, 2012
Ang 740
ਸੂਹੀ ਮਹਲਾ ੫ ॥
Soohee, Fifth Mehl:

ਗੁਰ ਕੈ ਬਚਨਿ ਰਿਦੈ ਧਿਆਨੁ ਧਾਰੀ ॥
By means of the Guru’s shabads(words), in my Hirda* I place concentration on the supreme soul (Vaheguru)

ਰਸਨਾ ਜਾਪੁ ਜਪਉ ਬਨਵਾਰੀ ॥੧॥
And with my tongue keep chanting the chant (of the name of) of Vaheguru.

ਸਫਲ ਮੂਰਤਿ ਦਰਸਨ ਬਲਿਹਾਰੀ ॥
The Guru’s being is the giver of the fruit of life. I am a sacrifice (sadke janda) to the Guru’s sight/vision (to seeing the Guru).

ਚਰਣ ਕਮਲ ਮਨ ਪ੍ਰਾਣ ਅਧਾਰੀ ॥੧॥ ਰਹਾਉ ॥
I make the Guru’s lotus like feet the dependence/support of my mind and my core. Pause.

ਸਾਧਸੰਗਿ ਜਨਮ ਮਰਣ ਨਿਵਾਰੀ ॥
(Staying in) the Guru’s Sangat (company) I have ended the cycle of birth and death (the cycle of reincarnation)

ਅੰਮ੍ਰਿਤ ਕਥਾ ਸੁਣਿ ਕਰਨ ਅਧਾਰੀ ॥੨॥
And listening with my ears to the praise (of Vaheguru) which gives spiritual life, I have made this praise the support of my life.

ਕਾਮ ਕ੍ਰੋਧ ਲੋਭ ਮੋਹ ਤਜਾਰੀ ॥
(With the blessings of the Guru) I have renounced sexual desire, anger, greed, emotional attachment (Etc.)

ਦ੍ਰਿੜੁ ਨਾਮ ਦਾਨੁ ਇਸਨਾਨੁ ਸੁਚਾਰੀ ॥੩॥
Firmly making Vaheguru’s name abide within my Hirda*, serving others, keeping character/conduct pure/spotless- I have made doing these the good code of conduct for my life.

ਕਹੁ ਨਾਨਕ ਇਹੁ ਤਤੁ ਬੀਚਾਰੀ ॥
Nanak says, you too place/settle this reality/fact in your mind,

ਰਾਮ ਨਾਮ ਜਪਿ ਪਾਰਿ ਉਤਾਰੀ ॥੪॥੧੨॥੧੮॥
And by means of the Guru (through the Guru) chanting the name of the Supreme Soul (Vaheguru) ferry yourself across the ocean (metaphor for the world).

*Hirda has been translated or interpreted differently by different people. Some say it means heart, some it means the inner core of a person, there is also a convincing argument it has a more literal meaning of a specific place above the navel, please see the works of Bhai Sahib Bhai Randhir Singh Ji for further elaboration on this interpretation.

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM