• Welcome to all New Sikh Philosophy Network Forums!
    Explore Sikh Sikhi Sikhism...

Couplets Of Yogi Allah Yaar Khan

bscheema

SPNer
Jan 4, 2010
1While describing the importance of the land of Chamkaur, Allah Yaar Khan Jogi penned these immortal lines in his account:
Bas ek Hind mein tirth hai yatra ke liyae,
Katai Bap ne betey jahan khuda ke liyae

2It is written on the Portico of Gurudwara Katal Garh Sahib, Chamkaur Sahib. He further extols the importance of Chamkaur, in another couplet :-
Bhatktey phirtey hain kion?
Haj karein yehan aa kar,
Yeh Kaba pass hai,
Har aik Khalsa ke liyae

3Yogi Allah Yaar Khan wrote as follows about Guru Gobind Singh ji while comparing his greatness to some other famous personalities
Dandak main phire Ram to Sita thi bagal main,
(When Ram was given exile his wife Sita was with him)
Woh fakhre jahan Hind ki mata thi bagal main,
(Hindustan which claims to be the oldest civilazation in this world, her mother was with him)

The poet actually is saying that what was this exile if compared to the king of kings Guru gobind singh ji’s life, the tenth master cared for humanity not his family, friends or peers, his whole life was an exile starting from the age of 9 when he himself sacrificed his father by saying that who else can save Hindu(ism).
Lachman (Laxman) sa biradar bhaye takhsine jigar tha,
(A brother like Laxman was with him)

Here the poet is referring to the tenth master Guru gobind singh ji,in machiwara where he was all by himself after sacrificing his sons,while the poet points that ram(lord rama or god) wept when laxman lost consciousness and regained consciousness after hanuman brought sanjiwani butti, while my satguru the tenth master in machiwara when he lost everything : his anandpur,his family including his 4 sons(sahebzadaas), his mother mata gujri ji, his army, and barefooted rendered friendless and helpless he never lost courage. In the jungles of Machhiwara, barefoot and hungry, he remained firm and sang a merry song: he is not even complaining but saying:
"O give Him this news of me, Without You O Lord, the luxury of soft beds is full of pain and discomfort, Pleasures of palaces are like living among snakes, The thorns that ***** my feet are now my flask for drink. The dagger that is pursuing me is my cup, O Lord. Without Thy grace O Lord, comforts are nothing but a butcher's knife. The bed on the ground is heaven to me, Lord, if Thou art with me, Burnt be the rich dwellings. they are hell to me if I forget Thee

Sach kehta hoon gobind ka rutba hi digar ha,
(I swear that the status of Guru gobind singh ji is unique)

Katwa diye sheesh shaam ne geeta ko suna kar,
(Krishan - the Hindu deity, made brothers fight with brothers, i.e Kaurava and Pandavas by giving discourse of Geeta)

While Guru gobind singh ji said “main hoon param purakh ko dasa dekhan aayo jagat tamasha” , “mau ko parmeswar jo uchare te sab narak kund main jaaye” "Those who call me God, will fall into the deep pit of hell. Regard me as one of his slaves and have no doubt whatever about it. I am a servant of the Supreme Being; and have come to behold the wonderful drama of life." He led by example, sacrificed his father(hind ki chadar Guru tegh bahadur saheb ji), his four sons, his anandpur, everything he had)

Rooh phuk di gobind ne aulaad katakar
(Guru gobind singh ji immolated his soul by sacrificing his sons but still lived for khalsa and complained to none)

4Ulfat ke yeh jalwe, kabhi dekhe nahi humne,
haan dekhna ek baat, sunay bhi nahi humne

I have never seen such rare deeds done out of love (about Guru ji sacrificing His everything), What to say of seeing, I haven't even heard about them ever!

5Verses in praise of Guru Gobind Singh:
Na Kahun Abh Kee, Na Kahun Tab Kee,
agar na hote Guru Gobind Singh, to sunnat hoti sab kee"

I talk about neither yesterday nor tomorrow; I talk about today. Had there been no Gobind Singh, All would be under Islamic sway.(circumcised)

Attachments

• 300px-Baba_ajit_singh.jpg
    300px-Baba_ajit_singh.jpg
    70.8 KB · Reads: 1,131

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM

📌 For all latest updates, follow the Official Sikh Philosophy Network Whatsapp Channel: