• Welcome to all New Sikh Philosophy Network Forums!
    Explore Sikh Sikhi Sikhism...

Confused In Life

Anoop

SPNer
Mar 12, 2006
London Uk
Hello everyone. I want to share out my problems in life. I always feel lonely, depressed and hopeless. Many years now, i have been in college studying. I ahve retaken a year..but since then i have been coming up with not enough good grades. I feel as though im wasting time, and i think alot about my fututure, whats going to happen. I see many others who used to be in my year going to university's. I feel sad and very confused. I listened to sadhguru jaggi vasudev alot of times about inner self etc. I get confused and i feel that god is not there. I dont know what to do, and i feel as though everyone is ahead of me in life. I feel life is to fast, and its to fast for me i cant do anything about it. I often feel lonley. Im always finding ways to talk to god, but i dont know how to. I get inspired by reading about near death expeirences. I dont know what i shall do. I really love god, but i dont know what to do...i dont know my mission in life..i cant run away from society..:(

----------------------------------------
----------------------------------------

dalsingh

SPNer
Jun 12, 2006
London
Anoop

Some people go through life without meeting any obstacles and testing times, but for many of us their are challenges in our lives that test us, sometimes quite hard.

Regarding your college studies, don't give up. Try different strategies to improve your study skills. If you can, try and liase with other studenst and work together, if not take some time out and try to think of different ways to do what you need to do. In all probability your problem is likely to be down to you not having discovered the best techniques to reach your peak abilities. Experimenting and developing as well as discovering these takes time sometimes.

Education is not a waste of time and when you get there...and you WILL if you perservere and work hard, it will be worth the effort. Education is something no one can take away from you unlike material possesions.

As for the future, keep yourself focused on relatively short time goals - such as completing your studies and don't worry about the long term yet. As situations inevitably change over time, so will your environment and opportunities for the better. Besides if you are at college you are still very young and life has lots to show you, so remember that a few years from now you will be in a totally different situation no matter what you do. Don't worry about what others are doing, your time will come.

If it feels like it is raining in your life, remember that one day the sun will come out. Be strong and wait for that day.

As for your mission in life, let God show you what it is in due time. Be patient, nothing happens until time is right for it to happen. Your time may not be now but surely it will come and when it does you will remember these days and hopefully be a better person for it.

Learning to overcome feelings of depression, takes time. It will heal up in its own time. In the meanwhile explore life and find simple things that cheer you up.

Remember this one thing as well, we are all Gods children, you no less than any other.

truthseeker

SPNer
Aug 11, 2004
Ontario, Canada
Waheguru ji ka khalsa, Waheguru ji ki fateh

I think that you should try to do Chaupae Sahib, this bani provides us with strength in Waheguru.
And when ever you feel like you are alone remember Guru Arjan Dev Ji's Shabad.
"Guru Mayray Sang Sadha Hai Nalay. Simar, Simar Tis Sadha Samalay"
My Guru is always with me, near at hand. Meditating, meditating, meditating in remembrance on Him, I cherish Him forever.

I hope this helps Anoop Ji

Bhul Chuk Maaf Karni
Waheguru ji ka khalsa, Waheguru ji ki fateh

Mar 30, 2006
waheguru ji kakhalsa waheguru ji ki fateh!

somevery nice things said above!

Anoop

If it feels like it is raining in your life, remember that one day the sun will come out. Be strong and wait for that day.

Remember this one thing as well, we are all Gods children, you no less than any other.

ummm
why not enjoy the rain?:rofl:

make a list of things that are going well for u right now. don;t be embarresd to go ur college counsler/advisor. they are there for a REASON!!!
we human need help in many things. we have teachers to help us learn thus we have other serveces to help us too. they saw a need for those servicez..thats why they were created.
the career services help! they will help u find your GIFT!!!:cool:

Anoop

SPNer
Mar 12, 2006
London Uk
thanks so much the both of you. One thing, i always meditate, but it dont seem to work out, i always fall asleep. I want to remember god by reading, i think its the best way, where can i get one that is written in english?

imksabharwal

SPNer
Aug 30, 2005
Dear Anoop ji,

Confusion comes automatically in our life when we are broken from the firm faith of Almighty who is love and nothing else.

u have been advised so nicely by the group members.
One advise from myself-if it suits u and am sure it will do miracles in ur life within a very short period.

Do Jaap of Mool Mantra with great Faith daily minimum 108 times and then the sky is the limit for u.
U will feel like doing it more and more day by day.
Guruji will protect u...as..Guru Garnth sahib tells us...

Charan sharan Guru eik paienda jaye chal
Kot paeinda satguru aagey hoy leit hei.

Anoop ji - Faith can move mountains.
i humbly request u to start immediately reciting Mool Mantra with great faith and not just to test it...and u will feel the magic very shortly.

Sat Siri Akal
with best wishes
imksabharwal

Jul 10, 2006
thanks so much the both of you. One thing, i always meditate, but it dont seem to work out, i always fall asleep. I want to remember god by reading, i think its the best way, where can i get one that is written in english?

Waheguru ji Ka Khalsa Waheguru ji Ki Fateh

Questions for you:

-Who is this "sadhguru jaggi vasudev" ?
-And why are you listening/relying on this fella so much.?

-What does Sri Guru Granth ji mean to you?
-Dont you think Guru Ki Bani cant help you?

Try this:

Pick any Guru Ki Bani and contemplate on it. Try SikhiToTheMAX - Enabling Gurmat Knowledge random bani reading. Pick a random reading one a day if you can.

If you cant do waheguroo simran, try reading and try to understand Rehras Sahib for example. Dont pressure yourself. Ask Waheguroo for Naam.

Dont forget "Guru Hai Bani, Bani Hai Guru". See http://www.sikhphilosophy.net/47055-post1.html
That is why we have Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji.

Like Guru Arjan Davy ji says in one of his bani's, the Guru Granth Sahib is like a tray wherein are placed four items, i.e.
TRUTH,
CONTENTMENT,
REFLECTION
and NAME which are the bases of upliftment of the entire mankind!.

When you feel down, sing along to this shabad.:)
http://www.sikhphilosophy.net/47269-post1.html

kirans

SPNer
Oct 31, 2006
hi kaur 1,

i read ur post,the same thing is happening with me,but take it in that way.Everything is there because of God and GOD is there to help us ,when u feel lonely just close ur eyes for 2 min and start doing a simran of vaheguru and u will have feeling of God sitting with u and looking at u ,saying he it there to help u.

according to bhai veerji, we should always be optimistic in life,so always try to make u realise that guru is there to help me and i have to be happy at any condition.

skeptik

SPNer
Sep 6, 2006
i second dals advice, make sure you have study partners. just make mates with random people and make sure you never study alone. always do assignments and projects and things like that with other people, even if they're working on different topics. it will keep you motivated and encourage you to work

Anoop

SPNer
Mar 12, 2006
London Uk
Thanks so much all of you, ad i mean all of you, i really appreciate all of your answers...im going to start believing in myself, as god is within me..., ill give my best at study and ill do my best, thanks to all of you out there, god bless us all:)

GURVINDER

SPNer
Sep 8, 2006
first of all i would LIKE TO THANK YOU VEERJI FOR SHARING YOUR VIEWS WITH US VEERJI THIERE ARE MANY PEOPLE'S IN THISE EARTH WHO DOESN'T GET THEIRE FOOD FOR AT LEAST 2 TIMES A DAY THINK ABOUT THAT WHEN YOU FEEL DEPRESS GURU HAD GIVEN YOU SUCH A GREAT LIFE WHICH YOU ARE SPOILING IN DEPRESSION

Aug 17, 2006
Oakland, CA
To avoid falling asleep while meditating, I find it helps if I meditate some time during the middle of my day, rather than immediately after waking up or right before going to sleep.

Also, sitting upright with legs crossed helps -- if I get drowsy, my head falls forward and I wake up.

Aug 17, 2006
Oakland, CA
first of all i would LIKE TO THANK YOU VEERJI FOR SHARING YOUR VIEWS WITH US VEERJI THIERE ARE MANY PEOPLE'S IN THISE EARTH WHO DOESN'T GET THEIRE FOOD FOR AT LEAST 2 TIMES A DAY THINK ABOUT THAT WHEN YOU FEEL DEPRESS GURU HAD GIVEN YOU SUCH A GREAT LIFE WHICH YOU ARE SPOILING IN DEPRESSION

This is extremely unhelpful advice for someone who's struggling with depression. If you're depressed, you already feel like you're worthless and a waste of oxygen -- the last thing you need is to have somebody tell you that you should also feel bad about feeling bad.

Also, comparative misery is irrelevant. If I have a toothache because of an infected tooth, it makes absolutely no difference to me whether you have a broken arm or not. Your arm is broken? I'm sorry to hear that, and my tooth really hurts. Your arm isn't broken after all? That's good news, and my tooth still hurts.

The more research that is done, the more conclusive the evidence becomes that depression is a disease, not a failure of willpower or a sign of weak character.

My background on this: as someone who was first officially diagnosed with major unipolar depression at age 17, staying aware of current research on depression and how to treat it is literally a matter of life and death for me. I've spent more than half my life fighting against this disease. I've tried fighting it both with and without medication, both with and without therapy, both with and without meditation and yoga and acupuncture and herbal medicine and so on. Some of these approaches have been helpful, and some don't seem to have any effect.

But the one thing that has NEVER been helpful is to be told "you shouldn't feel this way -- you're wrong and bad for having these feelings."

You know what does help? Reminding myself that Waheguru loves me exactly as I am. When I feel happy, Waheguru loves me. When I feel sad, Waheguru loves me. When I feel utter despair and I feel like the world would be actively improved if I were dead, Waheguru loves me.

That's what helps. That's what makes it possible to keep going.

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM