• Welcome to all New Sikh Philosophy Network Forums!
    Explore Sikh Sikhi Sikhism...

Christianity Christianity And Sikhism

ripdrool

SPNer
Aug 16, 2005
I am a Christian who finds the words of the Sikh Gurus to be extremely profound and wise. I didn't know the difference between a Sikh wearing a turban and a Muslim untill after 9/11 and several Sikhs were harrased in my comunity.

After reading up on Sikhism and the beliefs you hold I have come to find myself having the upmost of respect for your beliefs and practices. I truly believe your conviction and practices are what alot of Christians need.

I am a U.S. army veteran and never had any reservations about serving my country knowing that I could be sent somewhere to die to defend the country that I love so much. When I did research on Sikh's I discovered a kind of brotherhood that comes from being a soldier of faith and spirit yet also of flesh if needed. When I discovered that thier were turban wearing Sikhs in the U.S. armed forces I was very excited and happy that there were Sikhs who apprecitated the fact the the United States has an evolving constitution that allows all to practice thier religions in realative safety and would be willing to sacrifice themselves to defend it. I say realative because we have some misguided people here in the U.S. who like to ram rod thier beliefs down other peoples throats.

I belive that Christian and Sikh can live together side by side in this country if there is more understanding between the two. Honestly I think more of the understanding would have to come from the Christian side. Many of us seem to walk our path on earth with blinders on.

In times the way they are around the world it would seem that people who share a common belief of freedom of religion and tollerance should come together and stand up to defend those rights.

Feb 21, 2007
DEAR RIPDROOL
WE ARE ALL SIKHS (students) IN THIS WORLD NO MATTER WHICH FAITH
WE WERE BORN IN, THE SIKH GURUS HAVE NEVER IN THERE TEACHINGS
REFERED TO ANY FAITH AS INFERIOR OR SUPERIOR, AS LONG AS THE PERSON HAS LOVE FOR THE ALMIGHTY(GOD,ALLAHA, WAHEGURU OR ANY OTHER NAME WHICH HAS BEEN GIVEN.)AND HIS CREATION THEN OUR GOAL IS SAME, IT'S JUST THAT WE ARE TAKING A DIFFRENT PATH.

SAT SRI AKAL (TRUTH IS IN HIM)
TARLOCHAN

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM

📌 For all latest updates, follow the Official Sikh Philosophy Network Whatsapp Channel: