• Welcome to all New Sikh Philosophy Network Forums!
    Explore Sikh Sikhi Sikhism...

Arts/Society Chand Rises, Shines For Fiza Again

kds1980

SPNer
Apr 3, 2005
INDIA
Chand Mohammed and Fiza are together again.

Son of Haryana’s political stalwart Bhajan Lal, former deputy chief minister in the Haryana government, Chand (45) was earlier Chander Mohan till he converted to Islam last December. All in his bid to wed Fiza (38), lawyer and former additional advocate general, despite being already married.

Fiza too, formerly Anuradha Bali, converted similarly.

Within 40 days of the nikaah on December 18, however, Chand mysteriously disappeared, leading Fiza to lodge a police complaint.

On March 14, Chand called her from London to pronounce talaq three times and thereby annul their marriage.

It was said he had gone back to his first wife and children.

“I uttered the word talaq only twice over the telephone, not thrice as Islamic law requires,” said Chand addressing a press conference on Sunday.

“My marriage to Fiza is still valid.”

“She is my wife and I love her more than ever before,” he added. “I’ve come to her to apologise for the emotional turmoil she had to undergo due to my recent conduct.”

Fiza who first consumed sleeping pills after Chand left her, and had to be rushed to hospital, had later criticized him bitterly and even threatened to contest against him in the next Haryana assembly poll.

But on Sunday, clad in a flaming red kurta, she was all smiles. “I’ve yet to decide whether I’ve forgiven him,” she said. “I’m thinking about it.”

spnadmin

1947-2014 (Archived)
SPNer
Jun 17, 2004
Always I want to see a picture. Here is the pic and story from SISAT - an Urdu language blog.

Monday, June 15, 2009

Chand Mohammed and Fiza are together again

To read the full article,
click here..

kawalsin

SPNer
Jan 6, 2009
Gur Fateh to all

I do not see any relevance of this article in SPN. I humbly request the writers/readers to please write only on topics that have some (however distant) connection to Sikh Philosophy so that we maintain the spirit and decorum of this platform.

With all due respect and apologies if I hurt anyone.

Kawaljit Singh

kds1980

SPNer
Apr 3, 2005
INDIA
Gur Fateh to all

I do not see any relevance of this article in SPN. I humbly request the writers/readers to please write only on topics that have some (however distant) connection to Sikh Philosophy so that we maintain the spirit and decorum of this platform.

With all due respect and apologies if I hurt anyone.

Kawaljit Singh

On SPN we do discuss topic which are not related to sikhi or sikhism but majority of topics are related to sikhi,sikhism etc

Hardip Singh

SPNer
Jan 14, 2009
But its best if we can learn from them...imho such love triangles are simply sensational news...twisting and turning...like the Roads in India...
Sir, What is their to learn. How to make fool of others!!!!!!!!! The best loopholes of religions to defy law for polygemy or going to the other woman!!!!!!!!!!!!!!or the ways to come back to square one?????????? donot know whom this man is making a fool.

Tejwant Singh

Mentor
Writer
SPNer
Jun 30, 2004
Henderson, NV.
This is the best example of a dogmatic religion where man made subjective truths in the name of Allah can change the game anytime in the benefit of the male gender. This shows how changing the outer rituals one can play the game of this dogmatic religion to one's sexist advantage.
Thanks to Sikhi which is based on pragmatism and objective reality, the truth is very nitidly explained about how to get rid of our inner filth/muck in Japji by Guru Nanak," Bhariei matt papa kei sung, oh dhopei naven kei rung".

There is no other way no matter how many times one reaches out and touches someone with the help of AT&T and scream TILAAK over the phone.

Tejwant Singh

AusDesi

SPNer
Jul 18, 2009
Dharmashtere Australiashtre
This whole story is stupid. I have to say the Indian media should be ashamed for glorifying this.

A man leaves his wife and children for an affair with someone and it is glorified as true love because they converted to marry. why? He could have divorced his wife and still married Anuradha Bali but then he would be the deputy CM of Haryana betraying his wife and kids and that wouldn't sell papers. Instead, they both convert to Islam and it becomes a tale about love.

Same was the case with Dharmendra Deol. He also converted to Islam to marry Hema Malini.

I honestly don't get it. People are using a loophole to get around having only one wife and the media is glorifying it.

Tejwant Singh

Mentor
Writer
SPNer
Jun 30, 2004
Henderson, NV.
This whole story is stupid. I have to say the Indian media should be ashamed for glorifying this.

A man leaves his wife and children for an affair with someone and it is glorified as true love because they converted to marry. why? He could have divorced his wife and still married Anuradha Bali but then he would be the deputy CM of Haryana betraying his wife and kids and that wouldn't sell papers. Instead, they both convert to Islam and it becomes a tale about love.

Same was the case with Dharmendra Deol. He also converted to Islam to marry Hema Malini.

I honestly don't get it. People are using a loophole to get around having only one wife and the media is glorifying it.

This shows that lechers have found a loophole to have more than one wife. This time it happens to be a famous Hindu.

AusDesi

SPNer
Jul 18, 2009
Dharmashtere Australiashtre
I beg to disagree with you but I love the way you used the verb WAS. Dharmendra may have been born in a Sikh family which does not make him a Sikh.

One is not born a Sikh but becomes one.

Tejwant ji,

That might be you view and I have no problem with it BUT most people are assumed to have inherited their parents religion unless they legally change it. If it wasn't then the population of people of various religions would reduce significantly.

Tejwant Singh

Mentor
Writer
SPNer
Jun 30, 2004
Henderson, NV.
AusDesi ji,

Guru Fateh.

Your two statements below contradict each other. I am glad you searched and found the truth and hence corrected yourself.

Sikhi is all about learning. It offers one to accept one's mistakes and move on.

Tejwant Singh

Tejwant ji,

That might be you view and I have no problem with it BUT most people are assumed to have inherited their parents religion unless they legally change it. If it wasn't then the population of people of various religions would reduce significantly.

kds1980

SPNer
Apr 3, 2005
INDIA
Chand again Chander Mohan, returns to Hinduism

Ians
July 28th, 2009
CHANDIGARH - The much talked about Chand-Fiza love saga took a fresh twist Tuesday with the former Haryana deputy chief minister returning to both Hinduism and his original name of Chander Mohan. This raised a question mark over the status of his second wife, Anuradha Bali, who had changed her name to Fiza before their marriage.

Chander Mohan visited a temple in the Haryana’s Hisar town, some 275 km from here, and returned to Hinduism in the presence of religious leaders.
“I apologized before my community and I have realized that marrying Fiza was the biggest mistake of his life,” Chander Mohan said after re-adopting the Hindu religion.
Chander Mohan Monday expressed his desire to return to the Hindu religion, saying he loved his mother very much and wanted to stay with her.
Son of former Haryana chief minister Bhajan Lal, Chander Mohan had lost the deputy chief minister’s post after marrying Fiza.
The duo married secretly in Nov 2008 after converting to Islam. At that time, Chand was married to Seema Bishnoi and they have three children.
Chand and Fiza had surfaced after their marriage in Uttar Pradesh’s Meerut city in Dec 2008. After staying together for nearly 40 days, Chand suddenly left her house and was later traced in London.
Adding drama to the controversial marriage, he then “divorced” her over the phone and through SMS in Feb 2009. But in June, he apologised to her and again started living with her in her house in Mohali town, adjoining Chandigarh.
Chand met with an accident July 8, fracturing his hip joint. At that time, Fiza was in Malaysia to take part in a reality show.

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM