• Welcome to all New Sikh Philosophy Network Forums!
    Explore Sikh Sikhi Sikhism...

Yogism Chakras/Energy Centres And Sikhism

Ishna

Writer
SPNer
May 9, 2006
I was talking to my friend at work who fancies herself your garden-variety neo-Pagan. Talking about our spiritual practices I mentioned Naam simran as a process of chanting "Waheguru". We've also spoken about head-covering in different religions too.

She said that when it comes to chants like "Om" one needs to "cleanse their chakras" and stuff first to make sure that as you raise your own energy level you don't bring any garbage with you. She assumes the same would hold true for Simran and cautioned me against the practice without tending to my chakras first.

She also said something about covering ones head being related to protecting the crown chakra when dealing with divine energy and stuff.

Um... what's the sangat's opinin of all this? What is the general Sikh view of chakras and energy and all that seemingly "new age" jazz?

Thank you.

Jul 30, 2004
world
Gurfateh

Term Dasham Dwar/Penail Gland/Sahstaerdal Kamal is used in Gurbani so is Hirday Kamal.Chakrar are some glands for intemediatory stages and are more to doi with physical boidy but Turya Pad is still higher.(read book Wahiguru Naam Abhyas by Jathedar Patna Sahib).

drkhalsa

SPNer
Sep 16, 2004
Dear Ishna ,

Chakras / Energy Centres are related to Yoga . And among various types of Yoga Kundlani Yoga is considered Supreme due to very Practicle and Quick results even for Householder ( in Family ) Yogi.

Yoga helps prepare your body and make it more enduring and strong to do mediatation .It sis more sort of start with body but ultimately leads to divine with Prper Guidance as believed by practicing Yogis

One of the greatest Yogi of our times Happen to be Great Sikh Personality Yogi Bhajan /Bhai Sahib Harbhajan Singh JI Yogi and he introduced and blessed thousands with Sikhi and Yoga way of life in the west ( America / Europe)

So if any body who is interested in Yoga in Sikh way of Living then I think it is the best guide .

For information about Yogi Bhajan JI and the organisation 3HO :

http://www.3ho.org/

Thanks

Jatinder Singh

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM