• Welcome to all New Sikh Philosophy Network Forums!
    Explore Sikh Sikhi Sikhism...

Leisure Can Someone Pls Help Me Find This Waheguru Simran

Harkiran Kaur

Leader

Writer
SPNer
Jul 20, 2012
It was put in the background of an entirely unrelated video on Youtube. I don't think they knew what was being chanted in it... but it's clearly 'Waheguru Sahib Jio"

But it's probably the most haunting simran I have ever heard! Anyway I'd like to find the original and listen to the whole thing...

Can anyone point me in the right direction? I just recorded the small clip they had in the video using voice memo on my iPhone so the quality is bad....

here is that small clip:

http://www.spirit-quest.ca/mp3/waheguru.mp3

I know its a long shot but... hoping someone recognizes it!

Harkiran Kaur

Leader

Writer
SPNer
Jul 20, 2012
kggr yes that first one, thanks!!

But now I need to know where I can download good quality MP3 so I can put it on my iPhone and listen with headphones the full version!

I tried a few Bhai Balvinder Singh's on iTunes - downloaded a few of their naan simrans but none were the right one.

Harkiran Kaur

Leader

Writer
SPNer
Jul 20, 2012
Akasha ji,

There are lots conversion wares on the net that can change the video into mp3.

Problem is, it cuts off... it's not the full original version which goes a lot longer and is higher quality sound. For now I have imported into garage band like I did the original clip and saved it but I'd REALLY like the full version

:)

Luckysingh

Writer
SPNer
Dec 3, 2011
Vancouver
kggr yes that first one, thanks!!

But now I need to know where I can download good quality MP3 so I can put it on my iPhone and listen with headphones the full version!

I tried a few Bhai Balvinder Singh's on iTunes - downloaded a few of their naan simrans but none were the right one.

The song is not bhai balvinder but it is an artist/composer called Balvinder Singh (Australia).
He produces music by fusing electric,traditional and western sounds to create tracks. As you are probably aware, the vocalists that usually contribute in these kind of productions, don't usually get credit or are recognized.

The above track you are after is on his album called ''Reaching for home' ....and I believe there were 2 versions of this track on the album.

I'm also not a fan of converting and copying youtube vids to mp3 because the quality is hardly ever there and very often tampered with.

The above album can be found and downloaded from ''Sikhnet Gurbani Media center''... and I like this site compared to ''Sikhroots'' because you can stream in 64kbs and nearly most of the album material is much higher quality than bog standard 128kbps... it's usually near or more the 200 mark !!

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM