• Welcome to all New Sikh Philosophy Network Forums!
    Explore Sikh Sikhi Sikhism...

Can I still be forgiven for paap?

Manjot77

SPNer
Nov 11, 2022
I have committed sins multiple times. The sin I am talking about is lust/masturbation. I have committed this sin a lot and each time I commit it I go to the gurudwara and ask for forgiveness and even do seva but after all that I fall to temptation and do it again and again. How can I stop my addiction? and can I still be forgiven by waheguru ji despite asking for forgiveness multiple times and failing again and again? I genuinely want to stop

ravneet_sb

Writer
SPNer
Nov 5, 2010
Sat SriAkaal,

There is hunger and physical food to enjoy, and give pleasure. So do all survival desires, generate harmones, and resolve gives pleasure. So survival desires brings craving, and resolves brings pleasure. This forms are root E motions ( Bhav), required for sustainability and propagation of life.
First understand this E motion and utility.
It gives pleasure of Mind and releases Dopamine also known as pleasure harmone.
This harmone is not just released by survival desires, but release is attributed to other activities also.
That create rise of E Motion from Survival to Higher E motion..
Higher Emotion acts are
1. Compassion work Helping.Core Needy
2. Social Work Helping Socially
3. Loving and Sharing Helping family members and sharing resources with loved ones.
4. Learning getting E motional awareness
to essence which brings transformation.
5. Researche Work

Daily acknowledge your good work, Mind will start bringing pleasure for acts of respectable realms.

All this acts once performs also give pleasure and there is release of Dopamine.

One needs to experience events to rise above survival E motion and increase the events and time of acts.
Almost all lives are in trap of Survival E motions, so one needs to get awareness and resolve by way of acts

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa
Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh

Mar 6, 2023
It's important to understand that forgiveness is always available to those who seek it sincerely. As a Sikh, you may want to consider seeking guidance from your Guru, through the teachings of the Guru Granth Sahib, to help you understand how to overcome your addiction to lust and masturbation.

In addition, seeking support from a qualified counselor or therapist may be helpful in addressing the underlying issues that contribute to your addiction. This can be a difficult habit to break, and seeking professional help can provide you with tools and strategies to help overcome it.

ravneet_sb

Writer
SPNer
Nov 5, 2010
Sat Sri Akaal,

Paap and punn are merely words of external world, the initiation is within.

The choice we make to channelise our energy, all life's are given only 3 options.

Positive, Negative or Neutral.

If we choose wrong channels, it results in negative E motion.
So the choice is within us, outside is happening and sayings.
ਏਕਾ ਮਾਈ ਜੁਗਤਿ ਵਿਆਈ ਤਿਨਿ ਚੇਲੇ ਪਰਵਾਣੁ॥
ਏਕਾ ONE universal reality that is energy
ਮਾਈ Originator like mother as originator of being, energy as a thought initiation
ਜੁਗਤਿ ਵਿਆਈ the only ways jugat vi ahi
ਤਿਨਿ ਚੇਲੇ ਪਰਵਾਣੁ॥ To channelise energy 3 channels are commensurated
It means there is initiation of thought as root Energy, and the only three ways to channelise.

So the paap and punn are not external but internal choices. Dont seek outward, they are just words for ones action, choice and origin is within.

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM