Buy Head Covering/cloth Things? | Sikh Philosophy Network
  • Welcome to all New Sikh Philosophy Network Forums!
    Explore Sikh Sikhi Sikhism...

Buy Head Covering/cloth Things?

Sep 19, 2013
Nottingham
Currently I cover my head with a rectangular black patka/rumal which was cut from some scrap cloth from the end of my dastar. Unless I am practising tying my dastar of course. I kind of go for the, uh, 'Monty Panesar' look, with my joora visible as a bump above my forehead. Trouble is, the rough cloth I use has ragged edges and is possibly the wrong shape.

Is there anywhere I can buy a set of these type of patkas, with properly stitched sides and everything?

Other things I am looking for:
-cloth to wrap around my hair to help make the joora, because my hair isn't long enough yet. I could probably use the rumal I have now for that though if I got hold of a new patka.

-Fifty

-Thatha and some of that beard-flattening stuff in case I get a job interview and need to look smart.

-A nice wrap for my gutka, which is one of those big ones which contains all the banis. I use a torn-off bit of cloth to keep the dust away atm, but it doesn't fit properly and I don't think it's very respectful anyway to always keep it in that old thing.

Harkiran Kaur

Leader

Writer
SPNer
Jul 21, 2012
Here you go:

http://www.gosikh.com/patka.php

Currently I cover my head with a rectangular black patka/rumal which was cut from some scrap cloth from the end of my dastar. Unless I am practising tying my dastar of course. I kind of go for the, uh, 'Monty Panesar' look, with my joora visible as a bump above my forehead. Trouble is, the rough cloth I use has ragged edges and is possibly the wrong shape.

Is there anywhere I can buy a set of these type of patkas, with properly stitched sides and everything?

Other things I am looking for:
-cloth to wrap around my hair to help make the joora, because my hair isn't long enough yet. I could probably use the rumal I have now for that though if I got hold of a new patka.

-Fifty

-Thatha and some of that beard-flattening stuff in case I get a job interview and need to look smart.

-A nice wrap for my gutka, which is one of those big ones which contains all the banis. I use a torn-off bit of cloth to keep the dust away atm, but it doesn't fit properly and I don't think it's very respectful anyway to always keep it in that old thing.

Harkiran Kaur

Leader

Writer
SPNer
Jul 21, 2012
Mine isnt either... what I do is take about 1 M or so of regular turban material and wind it around my small joora like how you start a dumalla. it makes the joora thicker. Then I can put the patka over that and then I wrap the turban material over that. Eventually hope that I wont need to use the patka at all underneath without hair falling out. I dont wear dastar all the time right now, as I am just learning but thats how I have been doing it.

Thankyou for the quick response.

But are those the ones with strings? I don't like the strings, or at least the four string ones. My hair isn't long enough to make a proper sized joora for the four-string ones anyway.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Shabad Vichaar by SPN'ers

peace.jpegThis week has been super busy so I want to focus on something that I aspire to - spiritual peace and control of emotions. 1st line is...

SPN on Facebook