• Welcome to all New Sikh Philosophy Network Forums!
    Explore Sikh Sikhi Sikhism...

India Brave Woman Rescued Her Husband From Dacoits

kds1980

SPNer
Apr 3, 2005
INDIA
http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/...-husband-from-dacoits/articleshow/6289698.cms

GREATER NOIDA: The first call came on Saturday evening. The voice on the other end told Guriya Singh to sell all her belongings and come to Dholpur in Rajasthan immediately if she wanted to meet her husband. Some more phone calls later, the Uttar Pradesh special task force (STF) was informed and the calls traced. The revelation left Guriya reeling her husband had been kidnapped by Chambal dacoits.

Guriya, 34, became the toast of the town on Tuesday when she narrated her recent encounter with a gang of dacoits in the Chambal region to a group of police officers from the elite STF. Her story left even some seasoned senior officers gasping.

Guriya's husband, Ajit Singh, is a lecturer in a college in Dehradun. Guriya and two her sons stays at the BSF Colony in Greater Noida and often visit Ajit in Dehradun. A few days ago, Ajit came here from Dehradun to meet his brother S P Singh, who is employed with Jay Pee Golf Course. On August 5, he left for Agra to deliver a lecture. The next day, he boarded a cab to return to Greater Noida.

"When he did not return home till late in the evening on Friday, we got worried. We called on his cell phone but it was switched off. We informed the local police. They asked us to inform the Agra police,'' said 34-year-old Guriya. Finally, Guriya received a call from the kidnappers on Saturday. Taking control of her emotions, Guriya pledged to bring back her husband of 12 years. "I told them that I was poor and staying in a rented property. I could never pay them the Rs 10 lakh that they wanted,'' Guriya told the media on Tuesday. The fact that her husband was kidnapped by Chambal dacoits, did not dampen Guriya's spirits. She packed Rs 48,000 and all her jewellery in a bag and accompanied by a distant cousin, took a cab to Agra. "I was asked to reach Agra where a car would be waiting for us. It was a long drive. Finally, when all signs of civilization vanished, the car stopped. The driver asked my brother to wait there, while I was asked to follow him. I think I walked some 8-10 km,'' Guriya said.

When they reached a temple, the man asked Guriya to wait. "I waited for over 30 minutes before the gang leader emerged along with a dozen men. All of them had their faces covered. The leader was shocked to see me. He offered me water. I took my chance and begged him to spare my husband's life. I told him I was handing over whatever I had,'' said Guriya.

Guriya told the media that the thought of her two boys, aged six and eight, kept her going. "The dacoit chief told me there was no woman in the 50-km radius. He took me by surprise when he sat next to me and called me his sister. He did not take a single penny from me. Instead, he gave me Rs 5,100 and an earring and told me to return back along with my husband. He said that he respected my bravery. He even called me on Monday asking me if we had reached safely,'' said Guriya.

Was she not afraid? "I was scared but I also knew that if I die, I will be dying with my husband. My father was a jailor and he initially resisted my relationship with Ajit. He had locked me up in the house. Ajit used to scale boundary walls to give me love letters. This was my turn to get even on him on the bravery quotient. Now, I just want a peaceful," saidGuriya.

kds1980

SPNer
Apr 3, 2005
INDIA
I have seen these type of things happening in Hindi Films but in reality these things could happen.This is the classic case of bravery of woman and Humanity in Dacoits

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM