• Welcome to all New Sikh Philosophy Network Forums!
    Explore Sikh Sikhi Sikhism...

Black Girl In Love With A Sikh Boy

Atheist

SPNer
Nov 22, 2009
Dear Randip Singh Ji,

Thank you for your reply! Just one question, what do you mean when you say "Sant/Baba" in terms of Sikhism being skewed?

Randip Singh

Writer
Historian
SPNer
May 25, 2005
United Kingdom
Dear Randip Singh Ji,

Thank you for your reply! Just one question, what do you mean when you say "Sant/Baba" in terms of Sikhism being skewed?

Basically its a case of too many chefs spoiling the broth!

We have the Guru Granth Sahib ji, so we really don't need self appointed Saints, Babas leaders giving us their own spin on what the Sri Guru Granth Sahib ji teaches us. Read it for yourself and try and study it.

Lee

SPNer
May 17, 2005
London, UK
Who is saying that it is disgrace if Punjabi sikh girl marries a Black sikh Guy?

The reason people Don't like sikh Girls marrying non sikh guys because a very large majority of them end up converting to their husbands faith and raise non sikh children.Now you cannot expect sikhs to appreciate this

Why?

Are we Muslims that get upset and angry when 'one of ours' converts to another faith?

Or are we Hindus who segregate and diffirentiate the human race?

Or are we Christians who belive that those who do not believe as we do will go to hell?

No no my freind we are Sikh, who see the oneness of the universe. What does it matter if your kids choose another faith?

kds1980

SPNer
Apr 3, 2005
INDIA
Why?

Are we Muslims that get upset and angry when 'one of ours' converts to another faith?

Or are we Hindus who segregate and diffirentiate the human race?

Or are we Christians who belive that those who do not believe as we do will go to hell?

No no my freind we are Sikh, who see the oneness of the universe. What does it matter if your kids choose another faith?

It does matter to a religion.imagine if in 18th century instead of sacrificing sikhs would had accepted islam and refuse to fight by saying that sufism is so close to islam
we should convert to it islam.Then this beautiful Religion would have never reached 21st century.

Tell me Dear lee if another generation of sikhs would never come then Sikhism will surely die.If It has to die then why the hell we are fighting all over the world for our rights.

Also lee ji I want to tell you that in entire sikh history sikhs always had harsh attitude to people who left sikhism Either out greed out of greed or anything.
While we always have high regards for people who never left sikhism and gave sacrifice for it.If you think this attitude is going to change then it is not going to happen

Lee

SPNer
May 17, 2005
London, UK
It does matter to a religion.imagine if in 18th century instead of sacrificing sikhs would had accepted islam and refuse to fight by saying that sufism is so close to islam
we should convert to it islam.Then this beautiful Religion would have never reached 21st century.

Tell me Dear lee if another generation of sikhs would never come then Sikhism will surely die.If It has to die then why the hell we are fighting all over the world for our rights.

Also lee ji I want to tell you that in entire sikh history sikhs always had harsh attitude to people who left sikhism Either out greed out of greed or anything.
While we always have high regards for people who never left sikhism and gave sacrifice for it.If you think this attitude is going to change then it is not going to happen

Then that is a sad thing my freind. Do you not see that love of the path above love of God is not a good thing?

Personaly for me the path is just a path, one of many to take, it suits me which is why I follow it, it may not suit others, so out of love, as God is all, then let them follow whichever path they like.

kds1980

SPNer
Apr 3, 2005
INDIA
Then that is a sad thing my freind. Do you not see that love of the path above love of God is not a good thing?

Personaly for me the path is just a path, one of many to take, it suits me which is why I follow it, it may not suit others, so out of love, as God is all, then let them follow whichever path they like.

Dear Lee

First I want to read this a quote which I read worldsikhnews.com
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Sikhism developed into an independent religion. A new religion always produces a new nation. Guru Gobind Singh formalized the Sikhs as a distinct nation, vested it with an ever- ascending morale and inexhaustible energy and launched it into time towards the goal of sovereignty. The Guru taught his Sikhs that sovereignty is necessary for the progress of religion and people, divorced from religion, are always treaded down. Sikhism faced as much hostility from Hinduism as from Islam. Enmity between religions is natural and permanent. The law of “struggle for survival” applies to religions as well as living organisms. When a religion expands, expansion being a mode of survival, it encroaches on the territory of some other religion and then conflict is inevitable.

Brotherly coexistence between different religions is a myth. The preaching of brotherhood between religions is useful for the peace and stability of society. But it is only palliative. It rather plants confusion in the minds of people and disables them to understand and face reality.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------
Love of the path is very important .If you Don't love that Path and don't try preserve it then my friend It will vanish 50-100 years.By hook or crook Other Religions will assilimate it.

Tell me Dear lee How many lovely Paths to God were started in India.But unfortunately most of them assimilated in Hinduism or islam.Only sikhism and few others are able to make it to 21st century.And if today and tommorow's generation don't preserve it then it will meet the same fate what many other paths to god met

Lee

SPNer
May 17, 2005
London, UK
Dear Lee

First I want to read this a quote which I read worldsikhnews.com
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Sikhism developed into an independent religion. A new religion always produces a new nation. Guru Gobind Singh formalized the Sikhs as a distinct nation, vested it with an ever- ascending morale and inexhaustible energy and launched it into time towards the goal of sovereignty. The Guru taught his Sikhs that sovereignty is necessary for the progress of religion and people, divorced from religion, are always treaded down. Sikhism faced as much hostility from Hinduism as from Islam. Enmity between religions is natural and permanent. The law of “struggle for survival” applies to religions as well as living organisms. When a religion expands, expansion being a mode of survival, it encroaches on the territory of some other religion and then conflict is inevitable.

Brotherly coexistence between different religions is a myth. The preaching of brotherhood between religions is useful for the peace and stability of society. But it is only palliative. It rather plants confusion in the minds of people and disables them to understand and face reality.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------
Love of the path is very important .If you Don't love that Path and don't try preserve it then my friend It will vanish 50-100 years.By hook or crook Other Religions will assilimate it.

Tell me Dear lee How many lovely Paths to God were started in India.But unfortunately most of them assimilated in Hinduism or islam.Only sikhism and few others are able to make it to 21st century.And if today and tommorow's generation don't preserve it then it will meet the same fate what many other paths to god met

Kanwardeep ji,

These words I find disturbing and not indicitive of the Sikhi I know, do you know who wrote them?

Not only do I find them disturbing but I can also spot some untruths there as well. People divorced from religoin are hardly trodden down, do you not think my freind?

Brotherly coexistance between differing faiths is not a myth. Now I have said that which is the complete opposite of that which you have posted (from worldsikhnews.com). Of course I cannot show that this opinion that I have uttered is true, but can you show me how what you have posted is any truer?

Whether Sikhi as a dharma disapears from the world I simply cannot say, so how can you claim that in 50-100 years it will be gone, assimilated by other religoins? Can you then see into the future?

My friend these words you speak stem from fear, you may fear that Sikhi may go, but isn't that all in the hands of God anyway?

Finaly please answer this if you would. What would it matter if there where no longer any Sikhs in 100 years time?

kds1980

SPNer
Apr 3, 2005
INDIA
Whether Sikhi as a dharma disapears from the world I simply cannot say, so how can you claim that in 50-100 years it will be gone, assimilated by other religoins? Can you then see into the future?

I have not said this particular for sikhism.I said it for every religion that does not care about its future.Look at parsis only 70,000 left down from 1,20000 in start of 20th century.Where all other religions grew 4-5 times Parsis numbers gone down.according to Indian constituition to be recognised as religion or community you need atleast 30,000 number.similarly many paths started in India but with time they got assimilated.

As you said about future I cannot see it but cannot close its eyes what's going on with sikh community.The article you find disturbing is because it has some harsh truth in it.If Our Guru's do not want to make sikhi a religion then they should not done had that

What would it matter if there where no longer any Sikhs in 100 years time?
For who care about sikhism it does matter to them.It means all the sacrifices that sikhs were giving were total waste and there should not had been any conflict with islam or other religions.may be for world it does not matter because we are too small.

BTW the question could be asked that did it matter if Guru tegh bahadur had embrace islam and sikhs never fought? By doing that all the bloodshed that happened in18th century could had been prevented.

Atheist

SPNer
Nov 22, 2009
Dear Lee Ji,

My dear brother, I must say I could not agree with you more.

I am an atheist, my best friend was raised catholic and is now (from what I can tell) a pantheist, my mentor a couple months ago was christian (WONDERFUL guy), the chair of my department is Indian Catholic, my parents are Sikh, I will be the best man at my catholic friend's wedding over the summer, I went to college with a B'hai', I went to high school with some Mormons, and I myself listen to shabads. And you know what? We all get along just fine.

So I would agree with you that brotherly co-existance between different faiths is certainly NOT a myth. Yes it's true that there are many people who choose not to create this brotherly co-existance, but that doesn't mean that it is impossible and that it should be simply regarded as a myth (like leprechauns). After all, even I could create this brotherly co-existance in my small little life, so it can't be that hard.

One more thing, history is history. No matter what happens, we will always, always remember how the 9th Guru sacrificed his life in utter humility and set the bar infinitely high for what it means to do the right thing. In my mind, THAT is more important.

:)

Lee

SPNer
May 17, 2005
London, UK
Kanwardeep ji,

No my friend I do not find this disturbing because it contains some harsh truth. As I have said I find it disturbing because it seems to run counter to the Sikhi I know. Can you for example find any Bani to back up the salient facts? Those being:

'Guru Gobind Singh formalized the Sikhs as a distinct nation'
'..people, divorced from religion, are always treaded down'

And lastly and perhpas most disturbing of all:

'Brotherly coexistence between different religions is a myth. The preaching of brotherhood between religions is useful for the peace and stability of society. But it is only palliative. It rather plants confusion in the minds of people and disables them to understand and face reality.'

This seems decidedly unSikh to me.

So in essance you are unable to answer my last question, other than to further recite, it does matter?

Try this one then my freind I hope that it may make my point clearer for you.

In the year 1521 the Spanish conquistador Hernan Cortes conquared the Aztec city of Tenochtitlan, thus starting the utter destruction of the Aztec peoples. Their empire is gone, very little remains, and most of the knowledge we have of them is from arcegeology. How has this effected modern times? What differance has this had to the world? How has it affected you personaly?

kds1980

SPNer
Apr 3, 2005
INDIA
No my friend I do not find this disturbing because it contains some harsh truth. As I have said I find it disturbing because it seems to run counter to the Sikhi I know. Can you for example find any Bani to back up the salient facts? Those being:

Everything in sikhism cannot be backed by bani of Guru granth sahib .There are no turbans,5ks, rehat maryada and even Gurgaddi Given to granth and Panth in Guru granth sahib.

So in essance you are unable to answer my last question, other than to further recite, it does matter?

If you are not satisfied with my answer then I can't do anything.Sikhs have been giving sacrifices from past 300 years to preserve their religion.All you are trying to say that all those people were wrong and you are right.It does not matter to world whether sikhism survive or not.

as far matter is concerned no one knows the exact answer of your question.The muslim kings defeated and destroyed the other Religions of Arabia.Now the entire world is facing islamic terrorism,oppression of minorities in muslim countries because of those defeats.
Had the hindu and buddhist kings have preserved the region of Pakistan and Afghanistan then at present Indians could have been much safer.

SiKh-Boi

SPNer
May 21, 2010
Ok, hold the phone people. Lets not get carried away here.

If a black girl marries a Sikh boy its ok? But if a Sikh girl marries a black guy its a disgrace?

Get your frikin priorities straight

leave all this u can marry with me.. :blinkingkudi::blushh:

BlackGirl

SPNer
May 21, 2010
I've know this guy for 2 years and have fallen in love with him. We go out do things together and have even spoken about marriage. The thing is I've never meet none of his friend nor family member. What I would like to ask.. Is it even possible for him to marry a black girl?? Would his family even accept me. Or I'm i setting myself up for serious disappointment.

Any advice appreciated....
I understand what your feelings are as I'm sort of having them too. But I say as long as both of you are comfortable with each other and aren't ashamed to be together then, I don't see why not.
<input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM