• Welcome to all New Sikh Philosophy Network Forums!
    Explore Sikh Sikhi Sikhism...

India BJP Favours Granting Citizenship To Hindus, Sikhs From Pak

spnadmin

1947-2014 (Archived)
SPNer
Jun 17, 2004
JALANDHAR: The BJP has demanded that the government grant citizenship to Hindus and Sikhs from Pakistan who have fled to India after facing harassment there.

"Every person who wishes to return to our country, should be granted citizenship, irrespective of the community he or she belongs to," BJP MP Navjot Singh Sidhu said here. He was asked about the demand of Hindu and Sikh families from Pakistan, who have been residing here for over a decade, that they be given Indian citizenship.

"It is my stand and also of my party that they should be granted citizenship," he said, adding there was a need to expedite the process of granting citizenship.

Nearly 200 such families are residing in Jalandhar. The Punjab BJP had set up a committee to study problems of Hindu families which have settled in the state after being driven out of Pakistan.

The three-member committee is headed by Rajya Sabha MP Avinash Rai Khanna who has demanded that the government provide an assistance Rs 4,000 per month to each of these displaces families.

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/...Hindus-Sikhs-from-Pak/articleshow/6181191.cms

Jan 1, 2010
Narayanjot kaurji,
This is the genuine demand. As it is a natural act as all the Govt. supports such type of decisions. As Israelis have done so. If we talk about Frikkin Chines they also did it. But the secular Indian Govt. who has declared itself as secular will take stand and will grant citizenship to the illegal muslims from Pakistan and Bangladesh----to those we can declare terrorists.

Rajneesh Madhok

spnadmin

1947-2014 (Archived)
SPNer
Jun 17, 2004
rajneesh ji

I have to read this link and then look into the background. This sounds like a put-up job by warring extreme right and extreme left factions in the media. Will get back to you.

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM