• Welcome to all New Sikh Philosophy Network Forums!
    Explore Sikh Sikhi Sikhism...

Sikh News Bibi Jagir Kaur New Sgpc Chief

Jun 1, 2004
[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]BIBI JAGIR KAUR NEW SGPC CHIEF [/font][font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]MIL[/font]Date : SEP 23, 2004

Amritsar: Bibi Jagir Kaur, of the Badal-led Shiromani Akali Dal, was today elected unopposed the president of the Shiromani Gurdwara Parbandhak Commitee (SGPC), amids boycott by the rivals, Panthic Morcha in the first meeting of the General House of the Sikh religious body held in Teja Singh Samundari Hall here.

The meeting was Presided over by the Amritsar Deputy Commisioner Raminder Singh, as per the Sikh Gurdwara Act, 1925. Her name was proposed by former Punjab chief minister Prakash Singh Badal and was seconded by Mr Harsursinder Singh and Mohinder Singh Ramana

Full Article... http://internationalreporter.net/scripts/linesDetails.asp?id=264

Jul 13, 2004
Canada
Any one has got idea, what sikh scholars at universities holding high chairs regarding sikhism do? Consider this as a sarcastic remark by me.

Recently I happened to see an interview of a learned professor from Punjab holding high chair on sikhism related studies. Whatever happens, the tendency is to blame SGPC. My question: O come on, if u really feel, there is no lively/constructive activity done by them, GO... replace them.

Boycott by other party is as good as giving first party a big GO, so that there is literally no opposition at all.

Above are just my views.

Jun 1, 2004
Sikh parliament votes woman head

A woman from the main opposition party in the north Indian state of Punjab has been elected president of Sikhdom's mini-parliament for the second time.
Bibi Jagir Kaur, from the opposition Shiromani Akali Dal party, is facing criminal charges.

She will preside over the Shiromani Gurudwara Prabhandhak Committee which controls most historic Sikh shrines and is their highest religious body.

Full Article... http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/south_asia/3683344.stm

etinder

SPNer
Jul 26, 2004
New Delhi, India
I agree with you arvind veer totally..the learned people should come forward and take the initiative the easiest thing to do that panth is not evolving or something bad has happened or is happening is to put the blame either on SGPC or Akali leaders..i m not in anyway undermining their responsibility..

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM