• Welcome to all New Sikh Philosophy Network Forums!
    Explore Sikh Sikhi Sikhism...

Islam Beautiful Mosques Around The World

Auzer

SPNer
Feb 19, 2012
Mosques are the places of worship for Muslims. Mosques play the role of 'social-reformation' in the Muslim societies.Wherever Muslims go , they build mosques on priority bases.Mosques 'hold' Islam in a new territory and help its expansion. Large mosques sometime play a political role as well. In Islamic countries like Pakistan, Iran and Iraq (after 2003), political subjects are preached by Imams at Friday congregations on a regular basis.In some other Islamic countries, Imams are usually banned from mentioning political issues.

After 1430 years of its inception , Islam has now become a true global religion of the world (Mashallah). The number of Mosques in the world is not countable anymore..There are millions of mosques around the world.

Here are some magnificent Islamic Mosques around the world...

Al-Saleh Mosque, Sanaa- Yamen

581.jpg

Federal Territory Mosque , Kuala Lumpur – Malaysia

Islamic Center of America , Dearborn

Masjid Islamic Center Samarinda- Indonesia

Al-Faisal Mosque , Pakistan

Faisal_Mosque__Pakistan.jpg

Sheikh Zayed Mosque, Abu Dhabi

The Putra Mosque in Putrajaya , Malaysia

Putra_Mosque_02.png

Schwetzinger Mosque , Germany

Schwetzinger_Mosque_-_Germany.jpg

Crystal Mosque , Malaysia

crystal-mosque-malaysia.jpg

Mosque Al-Hassan II , Morocco

Morocco.jpg

Last edited:

Gyani Jarnail Singh

Sawa lakh se EK larraoan
Mentor
Writer
SPNer
Jul 4, 2004
KUALA LUMPUR MALAYSIA
Auzer Ji..
Just one small detail...IF these magnificent edifices to The Creator were built using FUNDS coming out of the Honest Labour of Hard working Muslims instead of TAXES paid by the common peoples their Beauty would be many times greater...(Malaysia for example has a substantial NON-Muslim Taxpayer which actually EXCEEDS the Muslim tax payer in Amounts of Taxes paid but ALL Malaysian mosques are made entirely out of 100% Taxes paid to Govt and maintained also by Taxes)
I suppose all the other Mosques are also STATE FUNDED....not built by individual Muslim funds collectively.
SIKHS on the other hand almost NEVER depend on STATE FUNDS or TAXES to build and maintain their GURDWARAS..all are built from funds donated by INDIVIDUAL SIKHS over long periods of time...all over the world...Thats why there is a Magnificent GURDWARA in each nook and corner of the world...In Fact the SIKHS DEMOLISHED the GOI state funded Akal takhat rebuilt by Indira Gandhi's orders after 1984 and REBUILT it with SIKH FUNDS. The FIRST person to REFUSE Govt funding was Guru Amardass Ji who refused Emperor Akbars offer of State land and Building Fund and stated that Sikhs run their gurdawras and langgars on sikh funds.

Auzer

SPNer
Feb 19, 2012
Auzer Ji..
Just one small detail...IF these magnificent edifices to The Creator were built using FUNDS coming out of the Honest Labour of Hard working Muslims instead of TAXES paid by the common peoples their Beauty would be many times greater...(Malaysia for example has a substantial NON-Muslim Taxpayer which actually EXCEEDS the Muslim tax payer in Amounts of Taxes paid but ALL Malaysian mosques are made entirely out of 100% Taxes paid to Govt and maintained also by Taxes)
I suppose all the other Mosques are also STATE FUNDED....not built by individual Muslim funds collectively.
SIKHS on the other hand almost NEVER depend on STATE FUNDS or TAXES to build and maintain their GURDWARAS..all are built from funds donated by INDIVIDUAL SIKHS over long periods of time...all over the world...Thats why there is a Magnificent GURDWARA in each nook and corner of the world...In Fact the SIKHS DEMOLISHED the GOI state funded Akal takhat rebuilt by Indira Gandhi's orders after 1984 and REBUILT it with SIKH FUNDS. The FIRST person to REFUSE Govt funding was Guru Amardass Ji who refused Emperor Akbars offer of State land and Building Fund and stated that Sikhs run their gurdawras and langgars on sikh funds.

Well you won't know but this is the weirdest thing an American would hear? "State-Funded" Mosques? NEVER!

I thought state-funded mosques are only built in Saudi Arabia may be etc... In over-whelming majority part of the Islamic World...Mosques and maintained by private owners. Yes , some 'state' funding is possible..Like probably Turkey would fund the maintenance of Hagia Sophia or Blue Mosque because now they have become national symbols...

But I can tell you this for sure : More than 90% of Mosques in the world , and 100% mosques in the United States , are people funded projects.

Unlike say Catholicism , Islam is a 'de-centralized' organized religion...As Muslims spread..so does the Islam,Mashallah!...Muslims built mosques on wherever they , but own their own...not by state funded money.

Plus : Can I get any source of the claim that 100% of Mosques in Malaysia are built by tax payers money?

Gyani Jarnail Singh

Sawa lakh se EK larraoan
Mentor
Writer
SPNer
Jul 4, 2004
KUALA LUMPUR MALAYSIA
ALL 100% of the magnificent mosques from malaysia built in past 65 years are STATE FUNDED even for daily maintenance. the Imams bilalls etc are all GOVT salaried..landscaping roads car parks etc are Public Works department...Islam is the State religion.
The few mosques privately owned and maintained are in Opposition held areas..those out of Govt. A few are Sufi mosques and a few Qadiani mosques . BUT all costing in Millions of Ringgit are 100% State Funded.

Auzer

SPNer
Feb 19, 2012
ALL 100% of the magnificent mosques from malaysia built in past 65 years are STATE FUNDED even for daily maintenance. the Imams bilalls etc are all GOVT salaried..landscaping roads car parks etc are Public Works department...Islam is the State religion.
The few mosques privately owned and maintained are in Opposition held areas..those out of Govt. A few are Sufi mosques and a few Qadiani mosques . BUT all costing in Millions of Ringgit are 100% State Funded.

Well I don't know about Malaysia then....

In many countries , I think , Imams are paid by state or atleast are supported by state..but in others..they are not... In some countries , like Turkey , Imams are "restricted" to preach what state allows them to..Sometimes , even their sermon are written by authorities..You see its very diverse issue...

I don't know how things go in Gurdwara etc...But in the Mosque...only 'worship' is not the case.

Mosques , as I said in OP , are places of social reform....Imams can talk about Politics , Government , social ills , religious history , present situation of Islamic World , Conflicts in the country or neighborhood etc... Many Mosques also have schools attached with them...

Mosques is a very powerful unit...Every Friday , millions of people flock to Mosques and listen to sermons of Imams....So Mosque is a very 'happening' unit of society...it can be used to good and for bad...Thats why many Westerners get afraid when they see the construction of all these new mosques in the West ... lol...

Here's is what I'm talking about.... This is a very big issue today of Muslims..but it has nothing to do with religion...yet Sheikh spend alot of time on it in a Friday sermon..So Mosques aren't always for religious worship....

Sheikh Yousuf Al Qaradhawi on unproductivity of Middle-Eastern societies..

Sheik Yousuf Al-Qaradhawi: on islamic economy - YouTube

This is traditional Friday sermon before prayers start at Mosques..

Mostly , Friday sermons discuss Islamic History , level of 'religiosity' of Muslims , social issues , and sometimes political issues too etc ....

But again...as I said..overwhelming majority of Mosques are run by people and not the state.

Last edited:

namjiwankaur

SPNer
Nov 14, 2010
USA
Peace, blessings and mercy...

I watched a documentary which showed the sacred geometry in Islamic art, often found in the architecture. It never ceases to leave me in awe when i really take in its intense complexity.

Nam Jiwn :mundabhangra:

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM