• Welcome to all New Sikh Philosophy Network Forums!
    Explore Sikh Sikhi Sikhism...

Balancing respect and accessibility of knowledge

Rajwinder

Writer
SPNer
May 2, 2006
Just a finished a book Fahrenheit 451 , which a fiction depicting a world where books were burnt ( made in accessibly ) and the Ill effects of a society that suppresses the written word and critical thinking, leading to disillusioned personalities with the shallow and superficial culture.

I feel in Sikhism in the name of respect , sharda and in the forms of rituals we almost made the knowledge in Guru Granth Sahib in-accessible. I think this thought process is really good about reading and doing critical thinking around what is written in Guru Granth Sahib and use it in our way of life.

So i think there need to be a balance between respect vs covering it with thousand layers and rituals. We need to think of ways how to channelize the thought process in it to the people that can benefit them.

To me many in my circle when reading Bani , there three things :

1. Quality of the content - In this case it excellent
2. Leisure when reading it - In most cases , read at certain speed to finish with in certain time , rather then leisure , or if it is sung in a form of shabad then most of the leisure come from music , instruments or Raags.
3. Applying what it written in our life - This is almost not possible as most of the time in step 2 we don't do any critical thinking

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM

📌 For all latest updates, follow the Official Sikh Philosophy Network Whatsapp Channel: