• Welcome to all New Sikh Philosophy Network Forums!
    Explore Sikh Sikhi Sikhism...

Movies Ashdoc's Movie Review---Into The Storm

ashdoc

Movie Critic
SPNer
Jul 19, 2011
It's the age of computers and digital cameras inside mobile phones and hi tech gadgets made with techno wizardry....

But inspite of all the progress man has made , he has no control over nature....

And when nature unleashes it's fury , man is as helpless as he was in the stone age....

But one thing man can do , and that is to recreate nature's fury on celluloid with the help of technology....

And as technology progresses , the special effects get better and the scenes of nature unleashing it's fury look more and more realistic....

The effects of that are to be seen in this film---I mean the special effects....they are good enough to give a real thrilling ride into a tornado....

The situation is the same as in many disaster films....different groups of people ( and all of them are nice people ) are trapped in a disaster like situation at different places in the same town....

The difference is---some of them are in the situation without wanting to be in it....

While others are positively searching for disaster to strike....

For in this age of digital cameras and youtube anyone can be an internet star if he manages to take a real video of a disaster like a tornado on his camera.....

Even the ones waiting for disaster to strike are of two categories....

Some are drunkards without a care in the world who want to upload a film of a tornado on youtube hoping for a million hits....

Others are real professionals searching for some real money by filming the eye of a storm , and they have real hi tech expensive technology at their disposal to film it....

But by waiting for disaster to strike both are scorning nature....

And hell hath no fury like nature scorned....

For the storm that nature unleashes is far greater than what these fellows bargained for....

But the fun of seeing people get far more trouble than what they bargained for is what we go into the theater to watch....

This film delivers on that front with aplomb....

For it takes us into the eye of the storm to see what it's like to be there....INTO THE STORM---literally....

So how is to like to be into the storm ?? Watch the film for that....It won't be a bad outing....

This film has some real scenes of mass destruction by tornados---

----of cars and houses flying in the air as they are churned by the forces of evil winds....

----of people running for their lives while they are chased by the power of a storm....

----of trees crashing , towers collapsing , vehicles getting smashed and buildings destroyed....

----of humans full of life just a moment ago getting killed in an instant....

----of mighty armoured tanks made specifically to withstand tornados utterly failing to do so and thereby getting crushed.....

----and of dreams and ambitions of filming tornados getting reduced to a pile of rubble as all the precious equipment is lost along with the humans who were trying to film them....

Obviously , not all of those who form the list of characters in the film are going to make it alive to the end of the film....

While some lives are needlessly lost , others sacrifice their lives in order to save fellow human beings.....

And when the storm finally abates , it leaves a pile of destruction everywhere....

.....Destruction which has been photographed quite well , or rather has been created on computer to look like real.....

What I liked about the film was the process by which the destruction occurs , for the process of the destruction has been paced well ; it gives us the shockers and the jitters every once a while.....

In some scenes I could feel my heart pounding as a tornado closed in onto it's target....

And I could feel my heart wrenching as a pair of good looking lovers got nearer and nearer to death in the aftereffects of a storm....

And I could feel the relief of those who survived it all....

And if you can empathize with the characters of a film then you have enjoyed it....as I have....

And I am recommending that you enjoy it too....

Verdict---Good .

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM