• Welcome to all New Sikh Philosophy Network Forums!
    Explore Sikh Sikhi Sikhism...

Movies Ashdoc's Half Complete Movie Review---Frozen Ground

ashdoc

Movie Critic
SPNer
Jul 19, 2011
Note---Because I was interrupted due to professional reasons , I was able to see only a small part of the first half of this movie . Only after the interval was I able to see the movie properly . So my review is based on whatever I was able to see of the movie---about more than half of it .

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Frozen ground---the vast landscape of Alaska in the northwest of the American continent.....
Full of icy sheets of snow and dense forests with very little population.....

......And full of places where dead bodies can be hidden for months to years without being detected for no one ever ventures out too far into this icy wilderness.....

That's maybe why a serial killer was able to kill more than twenty people and remain undetected for years.....

But one day a prostitute did escape the jaws of a painful horrific death that he had planned for her like he had planned successfully for other victims.....

And as she told the unbelieving police her experience , it opened a pandora's box where it soon became clear that there were other victims who were not so lucky to live to tell their tale.....

But the man who committed these crimes---He seemed like an ordinary man leading a respectable life with wife and kids.....

This very respectability proved a stumbling block to the police as they realised his identity but had no proof to arrest him.....

Yeah , he was a man who covered his tracks with meticulous care and dumped dead bodies in the middle of nowhere so that no one could find them.....

And as a police officer ( played by Nicholas Cage ) grappled with the problem of how to bring the killer to book , he realised that the prostitute and her testimony was the only thing that could bring the suspect in the long arm of the law.....

But not so easy......

The killer has already given the contract to kill the prostitute to a professional hitman.....

.....And the prostitute had realised that her life was in danger and was planning to run away from Alaska....

Meanwhile police searching the killer's house were finding nothing in it....

And the all too clever killer was confessing to nothing.....

How to bring him to justice ??

Watch the movie for that....

This is a real life story that acquires the proportions of a thriller towards the end as the race begins to see who wins in the end---the professional hitman who is out to kill the prostitute on the killer's orders , or the law enforcement officials who are desperately scouring through the killer's house in search for a clue that can lead to his arrest while at the same time trying to protect the prostitute whose only wish is to escape from it all.....
It's a race against time....

And time and tide---they wait for none....

The movie is made better by some good acting by Nicholas Cage and good photography of Alaska's stark bleak landscape taken from the air.....

Yeah from the air---for the killer has the chutzpah to fly one victim at gunpoint by plane to a forest in a remote part of Alaska and then mercilessly gun her down there.....

I only wish I could have seen the whole film....

Verdict---Good .

spnadmin

1947-2014 (Archived)
SPNer
Jun 17, 2004
Thanks, because of all movie genres, this is my favorite kind. This one I will make a point to see. It is currently available on Amazon to rent. Google tells me the DVD will be available through Amazon in BlueRay on October 1; however it is pricey.

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM