• Welcome to all New Sikh Philosophy Network Forums!
    Explore Sikh Sikhi Sikhism...

Asa Ki Vaar - Transcending Duality

Feb 26, 2009
All the Major EXPOSURES of "religious thuggery" are there..all the pakhand..the trickery...the fraudulent practises of religious contractors....exposed..all rituals condemned..IF we all started to learn from this Vaar...our daily lives woudl improve so fast..as is said..
Jinn Manas te devteh Keeyeh.lagat na lagee vaar...it can transform humans into gods/angels in an instant.....
So true, Gianiji. Everytime I start getting proud of my spiritual level, I read Asa Ki Vaar, and its a wake up call about the hypocrisy that I've built up.

Maybe this bani is able to transform us humans into angels so quickly because it is so blunt. As it says in the last pauree of Japji Sahib - "ahiran mat, ved hathiaar" - "Let your mind be the anvil, and Knowledge the hammer". Asa Ki Vaar is a heavy hammer.

Gyani Jarnail Singh

Sawa lakh se EK larraoan
Mentor
Writer
SPNer
Jul 4, 2004
KUALA LUMPUR MALAYSIA
Definitely Hardeep Singh ji..you have hit the nail on its head !!
Asa Ki Vaar is a Lifetime Nichorr or essence of the experiences of Guru nanak ji Sahib...after He had traveled the globe and looked at what was reality....and its as blunt as blunt can be.
Thats why it "hurts" many..in places they never thought existed...Guur Ji saw through every subterfuge, every trick, every ritual and pakhand....and EXPOSED it all.
In Todays context..everything said in Asa Ki Vaar is APPLICABLE to our Gyanis, Ragis, Pandits, Jathedars, leaders etc etc....and whatever we do in our Gurdwaras in the name of Gurmatt/Sikhi is miles away from what Guur Ji taught us...we feel ashamed..thats why we skim through asa ki vaar as fast as possible....and get on with our buisness as ususal...REFORMS will come when we begin to REALLY LISTEN..vichaar and FOLLOW asa ki vaar....

spnadmin

1947-2014 (Archived)
SPNer
Jun 17, 2004
Amarjit Kaur is singing now. Members of Chardi Kala Jatha are with her. But unfortunately camera coverage of the jathat is not available only sound and camera on a small part of the gurdwara. Which is sad because we are going to miss her sooner rather than later.

spnadmin

1947-2014 (Archived)
SPNer
Jun 17, 2004
If you did not listen, then you missed something big. Bib is close to 80 now. As she sang through the more than an hour her voice became more and more impassioned deep and inspired. it was truly wonderful.

Hardip Singh

SPNer
Jan 14, 2009
Gyani ji

Well we are sorely missing the kathas. I spent two hours searching the net. And there are great downloads by Gyani Thakur Singh ji and Gyani Muskeen Singh ji -- dozens -- none in English-- all in Punjabi. Without exaggeration -- nothing in English. So SPN is now waiting for you and your mentors to fill in the gaps.

;) Antonia

Dear Antonia jeo,
Sorry for the English version. I had tried too but without success.
However, I have a recording of complete Vyakhya of Asa De Vaar (About 13 hrs. long) but in Punjabi by Sikh Missioneries from Ludhiana college. if you permit , I can load it for all's benefit.
If permitted, than pl advice me where and how to load in SPN.
Regards and Guru Fateh.

spnadmin

1947-2014 (Archived)
SPNer
Jun 17, 2004
Dear Antonia jeo,
Sorry for the English version. I had tried too but without success.
However, I have a recording of complete Vyakhya of Asa De Vaar (About 13 hrs. long) but in Punjabi by Sikh Missioneries from Ludhiana college. if you permit , I can load it for all's benefit.
If permitted, than pl advice me where and how to load in SPN.
Regards and Guru Fateh.

Hardip ji

There is a section for mp3 downloads -- but Aman ji is the one who has uploaded the files. The vyakhya of Asa De Vaar all 13 hours would definitely fit in that section. It would be this section of the forum:
Links and Downloads Manager - Sikh Philosophy Network

My recommendation is to contact Aman Singh by private message and let him tell you how to get the files easily to him. Then he will be able to list them with the others.

Thank you
Antonia

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM