• Welcome to all New Sikh Philosophy Network Forums!
    Explore Sikh Sikhi Sikhism...

Kirtan Arti - Kulwant Singh Ji

Hardip Singh

SPNer
Jan 14, 2009
This is typical style of Nanaksar people. They do kirtan in a lighting speed , one can not understand any line of the shabad easily, if you are new one.
Moreover, does all the shabads sung by the raggi jee, are for the Aarti as denounced by Guru Nanak Sahib or it's just an eveening keertan.

taran.rbk

SPNer
Aug 23, 2009
one can understand each n every word if he wants to & he is listening 4m his heart ! It was started first by Baba nand Singh ji ....i hope u knw abt him . Its an evening arti !

spnadmin

1947-2014 (Archived)
SPNer
Jun 17, 2004
Respected forum members,

With your forgiveness I would like to intervene just briefly.

There are those who love the kirtan and the video from the mission of Baba Nand Singh ji, and there are those who are critical. Let's not let controversy get in the way of enjoying the videos as posted.

This thread is in the "kirtan" section. Kirtan is not limited to gurmat sangeet. The Nanaskari kirtan is enjoyable to the ears of many members. So let's live and let live.

taran.rbk - forgive me especially for have a critical response at first. After considering my actions I have decided that I was wrong.

Hardip Singh

SPNer
Jan 14, 2009
one can understand each n every word if he wants to & he is listening 4m his heart ! It was started first by Baba nand Singh ji ....i hope u knw abt him . Its an evening arti !

Dear taran.rbk jee & Narayanjot jeo,
I am sorry if my post has ben offending. I have very high regards for Baba Nand Singh jee and his keertan ways. But your posted Aarti vedeo as sung by Kulwant jee is in a too fast mode. I have been listning to their (Nanaksar groups) tapes since long but no where in those sung by old sewaks were as fast as this is.
Secondly, I am fully in not favour of singing these Aarti sabads as a Aarti because Guru Nanak Sahib himself has denounced this concept in this shabad. Moreover, none of the shabads sung after the 'Gagan Mein Thal" shabad have anything to do with the Aarti. If you wish I can post an article to clarify my stand that what shabads we are singing are not for the Aarti of the Almighty.

spnadmin

1947-2014 (Archived)
SPNer
Jun 17, 2004
Once again allow me to explain. The post is not in Gurmat Vichaar nor Gurmat Sangeet nor is it about gurmat. It is in the kirtan thread for enjoyment, not religious debate. I understand what you are saying.

It happens that every time the Nanasakar videos are posted they trigger issues. Yet this thread has already had 99 views. So there are people who enjoy them. Should we simply refuse to post them? If we post them should we argue about them each time? I hope not...

Aug 17, 2009
its is my humble request please dont disrepsect what is happening, there are many people who have many tings to say abt nanaksar groups too. its no use raising the dust at each other. pleasssssssssse no infighting !:wah:

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM