• Welcome to all New Sikh Philosophy Network Forums!
    Explore Sikh Sikhi Sikhism...

Are Amritdharis Allowed To Dance Bhangra?

swarn bains

Poet
SPNer
Apr 8, 2012
dancing in sikhism is not prohibited . it does not mention in sggs. people who tell u that it is prohibited are illiterate and want to preserve their authority upon the sikh public. go and enjoy it. i suggest wnen you dance say guru guru wahigur wahigur and see his picture in your mind. i used to do it and enjoyed it with the the bhangra beat but now i am old and unable to dance.

Sikhilove

Writer
SPNer
May 11, 2016
I am an amritdhari and absolutely love music. Whenever I hear a dhol beating it rips through me like a hot knife through butter and I become very excited and instinctively start to move. However, I read something on Google Quora in which someone said it is not allowed and if an amritdhari dances then they must apologize to Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji in front of Panj Piayre. Is this true? I want to do the right thing, but the music is so beautiful. If you answer me with a quote from RM or something, could you please also indicate which section you are quoting? Thank you.

:LOL:

If it were prohibited would you accept it?

Truth isn't a party pooper

It leads us to become our best selves. If u look at pictures of the Gurus, you'll notice they always look content

Were supposed to be happy and enjoy our lives, but just to detach from the rubbish, ie bad thoughts, actions and deeds

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM

📌 For all latest updates, follow the Official Sikh Philosophy Network Whatsapp Channel: