• Welcome to all New Sikh Philosophy Network Forums!
    Explore Sikh Sikhi Sikhism...

Alfie And Me

Harry Haller

Panga Master
SPNer
Jan 31, 2011
Alfies tests are all clear, although he is still weak, his weight loss is steadying thanks to the stubborn efforts of Sian who spends her evenings cooking and feeding him, talking to him, sleeping next to him, Sian does not cook for me, on account that I do not do anything at any particular set time, I eat when I am hungry, to have a time to eat seems a bit strange to me, so she gave up cooking for me long long ago., it is strange to come home to the smell of roast chicken! If Alfie starts to put on weight, this would be very good, so We all have our fingers crossed.

I spend a lot of time talking to Alfie, I hug him a lot, lie down next to him, stroke his head, look into his eyes, tell him whats on my mind, which is lately, my current unofficial role as some sort of guardian of the faith, ready to spring into action as soon as I see the foundations of Sikhi being warped, or misunderstood, or in any way differing from what I feel in my heart. I looked at Alfie, his eyes were moist, and he looked like he was crying, what was he thinking I wondered, thoughts of when he was a young dog, running around in fields chasing rabbits, his youth, strength, vitality, all long in the past now, we all have a past I guess, I have a past, it is my past that has led me to whatever understanding I possess now, and that path must be followed to its conclusion, no one has the right to force you off your own path, because no one knows where it will lead, in that view, all paths are correct, as they will eventually all lead to understanding, that thought has made me feel differently about myself and others, both on this forum and in real life, it needs to be contemplated but maybe not meditated on
rofl.gif

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM