• Welcome to all New Sikh Philosophy Network Forums!
    Explore Sikh Sikhi Sikhism...

Sikhism AKJ Exposed

TigerStyleZ

SPNer
Mar 30, 2011
Germany
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iV5Wu6bYlns

Watch this video.. somehow distrubing... lol, after watching this I sometimes have Nightmares! ( just kidding, please dont see any offense in that..
Just wanted to share...

-----------------------------------------
ਜਾਪ ਕੇ ਕੀਏ ਤੇ ਜੋ ਪੈ ਪਾਯਤ ਅਜਾਪ ਦੇਵ ਪੂਦਨਾ ਸਦੀਵ ਤੁਹੀਂ ਤੁਹੀਂ ਉਚਰਤ ਹੈਂ ॥
If the unmutterable Lord can be realised by the repetition of His Name, then a small bird called pudana repeats "Tuhi, Tuhi" (Thou art everyting) all the time

ਨਭ ਕੇ ਉਡੇ ਤੇ ਜੋ ਪੈ ਨਾਰਾਇਣ ਪਾਈਯਤ ਅਨਲ ਅਕਾਸ ਪੰਛੀ ਡੋਲਬੋ ਕਰਤ ਹੈਂ ॥
नभ के उडे ते जो पै नाराइण पाईयत अनल अकास पंछी डोलबो करत हैं ॥
If the Lord can be realised by flying in the sky, then the phonix always flies in the sky.

Last edited:

Chaan Pardesi

Writer
SPNer
Oct 4, 2008
London & Kuala Lumpur
This has been around for some years now.It has been seen and watched by thousands.HOWEVER no one has asked for an explanation, neither one has been offered by anyone.

It speaks for itself, and perhaps would attract anyone who wishes to elevate the position similar to other fanatical behaviours seen around.

Gyani Jarnail Singh

Sawa lakh se EK larraoan
Mentor
Writer
SPNer
Jul 4, 2004
KUALA LUMPUR MALAYSIA
ITS just ONE "GROUP" of people ....we cannot tar and feather the entire AKJ with this one group....Lets be calm and clear headed....people do get carried away..One Hazooree Ragi at harmandar sahib was ticked off by an OLD LADY...It seems YOU dindt DO ISHNAAN TODAY..accused the old lady...WHY ?? asked the Ragi ?? OH your kirtan in asa di vaar today was so .....slow....and BORING !! Not Lively and JUMPING like the other Ragis do asa di vaar...replied the old lady...you must have come without bathing and feeling sleepy...The Ragi had done ORIGINAL RAAG KIRTAN in ASA Raag !!...and just imagine IF an "OLD LADY" felt it Boring and not lively...what do you expect of youngsters ..brought up on diet of rap and rocks...Lots of types doing kirtan these days..some ROCKING ON STAGE like Michael jacksons with guitars and cymbals and stuff..others rapping away..lots of variety..and EACH FEELS his is the BEST KIRTAN...and not even the Akal takhat can say a word against it..who CARES..I DO IT MY WAY !!swordfight

Luckysingh

Writer
SPNer
Dec 3, 2011
Vancouver
I know what vibrations are in trance and other dance musics, I know what rocking to the beats is in hard rock and metal, I know what screaming to the excitement is in most other western forms of music.
However, this is kirtan and none of the Gurus shabads or words are associated with those mannerisms or acts. The word of the music says it all, if it's metal and hard rock then the frustration and screams of joy in the tempo and rhythm go with the essence of the music.
But any of this behaviour does not give anyone any more anand of the words of the shabad.

In simple words, kirtan is gurbani with music.
To add such behaviour to these words infront of the Guru GrantH Sahib ji, in my opinion is defacing the words of the guru. It is NO different in analagy to somone doing graffiti on a ghutka!!

No more comment

Ambarsaria

ੴ / Ik▫oaʼnkār
Writer
SPNer
Dec 21, 2010
A better example of same style of Kirtan/singing,

<iframe src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/Sin8XiiT_oU?feature=player_detailpage" allowfullscreen="" frameborder="0" height="360" width="640"></iframe>

Not a complete Shabd but cut and paste from various Shabads (http://www.srigranth.org/servlet/gurbani.gurbani?Action=Page&Param=27&punjabi=t&id=1137#l1137).

So technically it is not Gurbani Kirtan as far as I am concerned. Good discourse at the end. As Gyani ji stated, to each their own. This style perhaps initiates and encourages a lot of people.

Sat Sri Akal.

PS: I like the following too,

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/uzq4tuaPpg4?feature=player_detailpage" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Last edited:

Harry Haller

Panga Master
SPNer
Jan 31, 2011
I have seen charismatic Christians do worse, some make noises like animals, some scream and shout as the holy spirit makes itself known to them.

I found it quite uplifting actually, although there are always those that go too far, maybe they do not actually feel it, so make even more extravagant gestures to compensate.

It makes an interesting comparison to chattering old women, Ardasses full of people taking their driving test, and continuing Vedic influence.

You cannot help but be swayed by the passion of a group of people in connection.

each to their own

TigerStyleZ

SPNer
Mar 30, 2011
Germany
Yes, the video creator is blaming the whole AKJ , but like Gyani ji said - it is just one group.

Thanks ambarsaria ji, for this great Raag Kirtan performed by Naamdharis! I LOVE IT!japposatnamwaheguru:

Raag - is so relaxxing and realising...Altough sometimes I listen to Rap n Stuff as well- it is only raag keertan that keeps me relaaxed- and Raag Behag ( I guess this is Raag Behag or am I wrong? ) is one of the best!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OVsnkq1ExAo
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eRfPSpT6VRY

Gyani Jarnail Singh

Sawa lakh se EK larraoan
Mentor
Writer
SPNer
Jul 4, 2004
KUALA LUMPUR MALAYSIA
Yes I agree that the Manpreet Singh kanpuri video is NOT GURBANI KIRTAN per se...just as SAMPAT PAATH by the Nanaksariahs is NOT SGGS Paath per se. This kirtaniyah is doing "SAMPAT" style of mixing and matching various KIRTAN of various shabads and NOT completing even ONE Shabad in FULL. This is GHOR BEADBI of KIRTAN.....as humans take the LIBERTY to MIX and MATCH a QUILTWORK Compositions...whereas GURBANI SATIKAAR demands that we COMPLETE SHABADS...

What NEXT ?? a Granthi taking a HUKMNAMAH...flipping the pages and reading tuks form various shabads here and there...??? IF a RAGI can claim hes doing Gurbani Kirtan by Mixing and Matching....why not a Granthi taking the HUKMNAMAH ?? Like the way the REHRASS and other banis are being expanded/shrunk/added to/minused/ at will...AAPO DHAPEE !! I DO MY WAY.

Harry Haller

Panga Master
SPNer
Jan 31, 2011
What NEXT ?? a Granthi taking a HUKMNAMAH...flipping the pages and reading tuks form various shabads here and there...???

some Hukmnamahs are worth more to the Granthis than others, especially if you can find one truly relevant!

Kanwaljit.Singh

Writer
SPNer
Jan 29, 2011
Vancouver, Canada
I have met many AKJ people. They are surely enthusiastic about Kirtan. But still most of them are dignified. And they must be ashamed this kind of video is doing rounds, giving a bad name to a great Jatha.

They do stick to one complete Shabad. But most of them like to add 'extra' lines from Gurbani where the same concept has been explained. Now I think of it, it is an incomplete reference, just like we need the whole Shabad while posting on SPN. Many of them will sing one main Shabad, then sing 1-2 similar Shabads and then come back to the main Shabad, repeating the Rahau line and ending with Simran.

It is kind of their standard way of doing Kirtan. I think if you post on AKJ.org this dilemma of leaving Shabad incomplete, many people might pick up the idea and be more careful in future.

All in all, they are Kirtan loving, Simran, Rehat following bunch of Gursikhs who are very happy to meet newcomers in their area and give them Sangat!

Astroboy

ਨਾਮ ਤੇਰੇ ਕੀ ਜੋਤਿ ਲਗਾਈ (Previously namjap)
Writer
SPNer
Jul 14, 2007
I've seen worse than this. At least their turbans are still intact on their heads. Have you seen Namdharis who dance around during Kirtan and even their turbans fall off during their trance.

These people are not far from some Muslim sects who do absurd things during their devotional singing sessions. Want to see some videos?

Gyani Jarnail Singh

Sawa lakh se EK larraoan
Mentor
Writer
SPNer
Jul 4, 2004
KUALA LUMPUR MALAYSIA
How about THIS...U Tube makes such possible..these people MIX and MATCH EVERYTHING...the Background is a Kirtna by Kirtinya Joginder singh Riar...and the Visuals are ...well self explanatory. I have so many emails in my mailbox telling ME THIS GURU in the video is a Fantastic Composer and Singer as well and just LISTEN to HIS COMPOSED BHAJAN !! Talk about Radha Soami Beas PLAGIRISING SGGS...whats THIS called..??

Dukh Par Har, Sukh Ghar Le Jaai - YouTube

Gyani Jarnail Singh

Sawa lakh se EK larraoan
Mentor
Writer
SPNer
Jul 4, 2004
KUALA LUMPUR MALAYSIA
OK tell me why are people going to his Elvis impersonations?

Because to most people..the "Impersonator" is more REAL than the LYRICS of Elvis....the Radha Soami Guru is REAL compared to the Gurbani (.*lyrics used with liberty) in SGGS...in other words the IMPERSONATOR "GUU" is more REAL than the Written Shaabd of Guru Sahibs....even though as in the Elvis Impersonation whereby the Impersonator sings the Original Elvis LYRICS...and the RS Guru reads the Original Gurbani of Guru Ramdass Ji..To some the Gurbani Shabd ..Jis ke SIR Upar tu swami...seems to have NO HAND on ones head..compared to the RS Guru saying.... Jis ke sir uper tu swami and placing his REAL HUMAN HANDS on the devotees head !! Thus in the Video..they are Leaving their Dukhs..and taking back SUKHS via the REAL HUMAN dancing before thier eyes and blessing them..BUT the DUKH Taker and SUKH Giver refered to in Japji Sahib By Guru nanak seems Far away a nd INVISIBLE...imaginary...and so they feel going to SGGS is a waste of their time...??? People would rather have wait in a que and buy a paper ticket..rather than going ON LINE and buying an inviisble ticket !!

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM