• Welcome to all New Sikh Philosophy Network Forums!
    Explore Sikh Sikhi Sikhism...

India Akal Takht Declares Head Of Sachkhoj Academy Tankhaiya

spnadmin

1947-2014 (Archived)
SPNer
Jun 17, 2004
Akal Takht declares Head of Sachkhand academy, a Tankhaiya

AMRITSAR: In a day long marathon meeting of five Sikh head priests at Akal Takht here Friday Dharm Singh Nihang Head of Sachkhand Academy was declared Tankhaiya (guilty as per Sikh rituals) for airing blasphemous words in the Canada based radio ‘Sher-e Punjab’

Talking to media Jatehdar Akal Takht Gyani Gurbachan Singh said that Dharm Singh Nihang was running his own academy at Khanna town of Punjab where he impart education to Sikh students on Sikh religion has willfully aired blasphemous words over the Sikh religion which had hurt the sentiments of Sikh community across the world. Jatehdar said that in this regards bundle of complaints landed at the secretariat of Akal Takht to take religious action against Dharm Singh.

Jatehdar said that Dharm Singh was time and again was asked to appear at Akal Takht before the five Sikh head priests but he deliberately ignored the Akal Takht.

In an Hukamnama ( religious orders passed from Akal Takht) against Dharm Singh, entire Sikh community was asked to boycott him socially, politically and religiously, Sikh community was also asked not to send their children in the academy headed by Dharm Singh.

Talking about Jatehdar of Takht Damdama Sahib Balwant Singh Nandgarh who was asked by one of the Harayana based court to appear in the court, jatehdar Gyani Gurbachan Singh said that in this regard his non-bail able warrants were also issued but Nandgarh would never appear in the court as Jatehdar of Takht Damdama Sahib.

Gyani Gurbachan Singh said that a complaint against Jatehdar Nandgarh was filed in the State of Haryana by one of the follower of Dera Sacha Sauda Sect falsely with the allegation that sentiments of followers of Dera Sacha Sauda Sect were hurt during religious discourse of Nandgarh.

Informing about the fate of about 13 feet long Bir (copy) of holy Guru Granth which is being prepared in Malaysia said that three prominent Malaysia based Sikhs in this regard were identified and were asked to appear at Akal Takht.

Jatehdar said that recently a group of Sikh people from Malaysia had brought in his notice that three Sikhs belong to a particular Sikh religious group based at Malaysia were preparing 13 feet long Bir of Holy Guru Granth for cheap purpose. Jatehdar said their purpose was to get their achievement registered in the Guinness Book of World Record.

Jatehdar informed that Bir of Guru Granth is meant for medication or recitation purpose but not for other purpose as Malaysian Sikh group had planned.

Jatehdar said that Guinness book is not above holy Guru Granth Sahib the living guru of Sikh community. This is sacrilegious act to prepare such a huge Bir in order to get entry in Guinness Book of World Record.

However, Jatedhdar also informed about the crucial issue of disrespect of 100 Birs, said that last year 100 Birs of Guru Granth Sahib were damaged when turbulent flow of water entered in the premises being managed by Delhi Based Mahanat Chela Ram.

Adding further he said that after the incident all the damaged 100 Birs were disposed off in hush-hush manner without adhering Sikh rituals which was blasphemous act. Jatehdar said that organizer of Mahant Chela Ram today appeared at Akal Takht whereupon they said that these Birs were damaged by some one else and not by them. Jatehdar said that the entire case would thoroughly be investigated to bring out the truth.

http://www.punjabnewsline.com/content/akal-takht-declares-head-sachkahnd-academy-tankhaiya/32382

Ambarsaria

ੴ / Ik▫oaʼnkār
Writer
SPNer
Dec 21, 2010
re: Akal Takht Declares Head of Sachkhoj ("iSachkhand") Academy Tankhaiya

spnadmin ji and other learned people is Tankhayia punishable to the following extent,

In an Hukamnama ( religious orders passed from Akal Takht) against Dharm Singh, entire Sikh community was asked to boycott him socially, politically and religiously,

The reason I ask is that person drinking Alcohol is a Tankhayia and congregations are urged to be lenient directing "Tankhah" (penalty) to be in the form of labor at the Gurdwara, etc.

I have to suppose that based on the level of damage to the Panth (Sikh community), as determined can lead to such greater penalties. Very interesting article and something new to learn.

Sat Sri Akal.

Kanwaljit.Singh

Writer
SPNer
Jan 29, 2011
Vancouver, Canada

Tankhayia is usually someone who is working against the interests of Panth. A person who drinks it might harm himself (or at most his family), not the whole Kaum.

Ambarsaria

ੴ / Ik▫oaʼnkār
Writer
SPNer
Dec 21, 2010

Tankhayia is usually someone who is working against the interests of Panth. A person who drinks it might harm himself (or at most his family), not the whole Kaum.
Kanwaljit Singh ji it is not so in the SRM as written but I understand there would be the context of the given activity. I have read the SRM many times over end to end, there is no distinction on degrees of activity per se. But I fully support the context of a Tankhayia activites being very influencing of the penalty. No big issue overall.

Sat Sri Akal.

spnadmin

1947-2014 (Archived)
SPNer
Jun 17, 2004

spnadmin ji and other learned people is Tankhayia punishable to the following extent,

Sat Sri Akal.

What I am getting is that Dharam Singh is forbidden sangat and pangat. I have other questions about this that go more to the matter of process, but will hold off for now.

Gyani Jarnail Singh

Sawa lakh se EK larraoan
Mentor
Writer
SPNer
Jul 4, 2004
KUALA LUMPUR MALAYSIA

This meeting of the Five also discussed the "Granthi/Paathee" who was careless..and his pet "animal" ( dog or cat not known/revealed ??) apparently desecrated/bit/tore or otherwise desecrated the SGGS as the animal was accidentally or otherwise locked up in the sggs room....The said Granthi also IGNORED several summons form the JAT. He is therefore to be CRIMINALLY CHARGED in a POLICE Thanna under the Law of Hurting sikh sentiments !!..........BUT this NIHUNG is given a different punishment...???

Gyani Jarnail Singh

Sawa lakh se EK larraoan
Mentor
Writer
SPNer
Jul 4, 2004
KUALA LUMPUR MALAYSIA

Too many news put into one. But I don't get what views got Sach Khoj Academy excommunicated.

he declared that nobody ever wrote any SGGS or gave it Gurgadee. According to him the entire damdam sahib writing of sggs by GGS and gurgadee at Nanded 1708 is a Tall tale. He further states that even the Pothi sahib story about Pehla parkash is a Lie...No such Pothi was ever written or parkashed anywhere.

He initially started out supporting the DG...then apparently lost his mind..and thought thta in order for his DG to get the THRONE..he has to throw out sggs....He was challenged to appear live on Radio..he accpeted and at the last minute just went into silent mode....and began to be more abusive...

Jul 25, 2011

he declared that nobody ever wrote any Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji or gave it Gurgadee.

I have listened to Nihung Singh of sachkhoj academy. he is big time supporter of dasam granth and guru granth sahib and did a lot of viakhias from both banis.

I also listened same where He said Gurgadee not given to granth

but he also say in other videos that Granth is place of parmeshar and granth is dhur ki bani etc etc and said that granth is only bani of dhur and all other religions granths are just KOORHA. In chandi di vaar he just ridicule hindus.

He should clear his point in singh sahibans and sangat.

is he is really against guru granth sahib
if so then why he is continuing preaching guru granth sahib with high esteem.

Ambarsaria

ੴ / Ik▫oaʼnkār
Writer
SPNer
Dec 21, 2010

he declared that nobody ever wrote any Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji or gave it Gurgadee. According to him the entire damdam sahib writing of Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji by GGS and gurgadee at Nanded 1708 is a Tall tale. He further states that even the Pothi sahib story about Pehla parkash is a Lie...No such Pothi was ever written or parkashed anywhere.

He initially started out supporting the DG...then apparently lost his mind..and thought thta in order for his DG to get the THRONE..he has to throw out Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji....He was challenged to appear live on Radio..he accpeted and at the last minute just went into silent mode....and began to be more abusive...
Gyani Jarnail Singh ji is the following person in this controversy,

‪Nihang Dharam Singh Ji's Speech‬‏ - YouTube

He seems very direct and true in this video and has great observations. I assume he is being chastised for other stuff.

Sat Sri Akal.

Kanwaljit.Singh

Writer
SPNer
Jan 29, 2011
Vancouver, Canada

Yup he is the same person. The thing he may be trying to point out is that the Baani of Guru Granth Sahib was never 'declared' to be Gurbani, it was revealed. That is, the Darja (or divine state) was not accorded but accepted. Hmmph I am confusing people again, ain't I?

Gyani Jarnail Singh

Sawa lakh se EK larraoan
Mentor
Writer
SPNer
Jul 4, 2004
KUALA LUMPUR MALAYSIA

A person may be 110% RIGHT on almost everything...BUT once he declares that there is no such thing as SGGS the GURU..then the 110% Falls apart..this one mistake is large enough to declare him not a SIKH becasue one of the Fundamentals of Gurmatt is Beleif in SGGS as GURU. IF this restriction were REMOVED..then each Radha Soami/Nirankari/namdharee/Sirsa sauda saadh follwoer..Everyone is a "SIKH"...our population JUMPS manyfold OVERNIGHT !! NO SGGS..everyone becomes a SIKH....if we go ahead and remove the 5 kakaars restriction as well..then overnight the SIKH population will JUMP skywards !! Thats what many are pushing for...and the SGGS is a huge stumbling block towards assimilation in Hinduism...The 5 kakaars are not that big stumbling block...becasue many Hindus are already Keshadharee and wearing Kirpans !!!..BUT SGGS as SOLE GURU..is standing in their way... Nihung Dharam Singh did go on to say publicly that there is no SGGS as GURU becasue that story of nanded 1708 is a LIE/Fraud and this is the same story the namdharees say.

Note: Please read the above very carefully and not jump to any wrong conclusions.

Gyani Jarnail Singh

Sawa lakh se EK larraoan
Mentor
Writer
SPNer
Jul 4, 2004
KUALA LUMPUR MALAYSIA

SPN ADMIN JI.
WE ( AS WELL AS THE ORIGINAL PUBLISHER OF THIS STORY ) HAVE GOT THE TITLE WRONG... ITS SACH KHOJ ACADEMY......AND NOT SACH KHAND ACADEMY.
Please cna we correct the title of our Thread...and perhaps you can write to the Punjabnewsonline portal and point out their mistake jios..
Apologies for not noticing this earlier..my mistake.

ajrawatsingh

SPNer
Jul 25, 2011

it is SACHKHOJ ACADEMY not Sachkhand academy

Link to the web site deleted. Contact spnadmin if you want to know the reason. Thanks.

spnadmin

1947-2014 (Archived)
SPNer
Jun 17, 2004

SPN ADMIN JI.
WE ( AS WELL AS THE ORIGINAL PUBLISHER OF THIS STORY ) HAVE GOT THE TITLE WRONG... ITS SACH KHOJ ACADEMY......AND NOT SACH KHAND ACADEMY.
Please cna we correct the title of our Thread...and perhaps you can write to the Punjabnewsonline portal and point out their mistake jios..
Apologies for not noticing this earlier..my mistake.

Will do. This is not the first time. The papers have made mistakes before. Thanks

ajrawatsingh

SPNer
Jul 25, 2011
Re: Akal Takht Declares Head of Sachkhoj ("iSachkhand") Academy Tankhaiya

Link to the web site deleted. Contact spnadmin if you want to know the reason. Thanks.

i feel there are two reasons:
may be spnadmin is academy follower thats why he haven't removed ""sachkhand"" and the website gives truth, about tankhaiya and, spnadmin want to hide the truth in website
or may be he is anti academy and akal takhat called spn to remove links but not to remove videos posted before previous posts.

well i do not need to know the reason,
i was saying to correct name,
but still sachkhand :whatzpointsing:

Admin

SPNer
Jun 1, 2004
SPN
Re: Akal Takht Declares Head of Sachkhoj ("iSachkhand") Academy Tankhaiya

i feel there are two reasons:
may be spnadmin is academy follower thats why he haven't removed ""sachkhand"" and the website gives truth, about tankhaiya and, spnadmin want to hide the truth in website
or may be he is anti academy and akal takhat called spn to remove links but not to remove videos posted before previous posts.

well i do not need to know the reason,
i was saying to correct name,
but still sachkhand :whatzpointsing:
Gurfateh Ji,

Now that the confusion about the name of the academy is resolved the thread is renamed appropriately. As the spnadmin advised you to contact him to know the reason for removing the link then it becomes prudent on your part to contact him if you have any reservations. Simply assuming will take us nowhere.

Gurfateh!

:redturban:

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM