• Welcome to all New Sikh Philosophy Network Forums!
    Explore Sikh Sikhi Sikhism...

Aim Of Religion

ravneet_sb

Writer
SPNer
Nov 5, 2010
Sat Sri Akaal,

One may ignore/accept or discard the contents of this written text.

It is the inside body awareness, and with in a body, it is the awareness of mind, and its correlation with the nature, which is the cause of religion, the acts performed and discipline are in tune with the NATURE.

NATURE IS SUPREME, so do understanding of living with "NATURE"

One may perform any rituals, can go to religious and sacred places, may or may not eat flesh, or have daily drink, have very long hair or no hair, this is no criteria for religion.

Positive mind frame is with those who practice religion, with understanding of own mind, taking the inward journey of there own mind, and perform cleansing of one's own thought process.

Vanishing Blames, Duality, Concluding Discussion, Understanding Own Mind.

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa
Whaeguru Ji Ki Fateh

Harry Haller

Panga Master
SPNer
Jan 31, 2011
Positive mind frame is with those who practice religion, with understanding of own mind, taking the inward journey of there own mind, and perform cleansing of one's own thought process.

for 'religion' I personally would replace the word with 'truthful living' :sippingcoffee:

Dalvinder Singh Grewal

Writer
Historian
SPNer
Jan 3, 2010
Sat Sri Akaal,

One may ignore/accept or discard the contents of this written text.

It is the inside body awareness, and with in a body, it is the awareness of mind, and its correlation with the nature, which is the cause of religion, the acts performed and discipline are in tune with the NATURE.

NATURE IS SUPREME, so do understanding of living with "NATURE"

One may perform any rituals, can go to religious and sacred places, may or may not eat flesh, or have daily drink, have very long hair or no hair, this is no criteria for religion.

Vanishing Blames, Duality, Concluding Discussion, Understanding Own Mind.

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa
Whaeguru Ji Ki Fateh

Religion is the truthful living for making the society and self happy within the framework of natural and universal laws. It is positive, constructive and progressing. Using and exploiting rituals for self fulfillment and aggrandizement is against the spirfit of religion.
Prof Dalvinder singh grewal

Harry Haller

Panga Master
SPNer
Jan 31, 2011
Religion is the truthful living for making the society and self happy within the framework of natural and universal laws. It is positive, constructive and progressing. Using and exploiting rituals for self fulfillment and aggrandizement is against the spirfit of religion.
Prof Dalvinder singh grewal

profji

Using and exploiting rituals for self fulfillment and aggrandizement is against the spirfit of religion.
not all religion, but certainly Sikhism :)

Maybe it should read

Using and exploiting rituals for self fulfillment and aggrandizement is against the spirfit of Sikhism

Last edited:

ravneet_sb

Writer
SPNer
Nov 5, 2010
Ritualism is exploited in all religions; Maulvi, pandits, bhais and pastors all exploit rituals on the name of religion.
prof Dr DS Grewal

Sat Sri Akaal,

If one earn living through hard work, and is self satisfied with earning, and contributes some earning for education of "TRUTH" i.e. Body, mind and nature,

Mind realised,

animals to human form,
human form awareness of Body, Mind and Nature,

which was taught as compulsory subject, in all religions,
beside teaching of other subjects, science, commerce etc

One who is unaware of the subject "MIND"

Without Awareness
that can not be compared to lowest of animal form "ANT"

"MIND" as a subject to be taught as "Religion" in all "Teachings"

Ramayan, Geeta are learning of "MIND" Software,
All humans long for top positions, till that "MIND" is engrossed to get the position, but at the position, what governs "MIND" is well described.

So this in Kuran/Bible and Guru Granth Sahib Ji

One who has to earn living, while teaching this awareness, will be biased.

Commercials in religion, education and medical are lethal to any society, will degrade the true cause which is learning of "TRUTHFUL LIFE"

Bhul Chuk Maaf,

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa
Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh

ravneet_sb

Writer
SPNer
Nov 5, 2010
What does this mean? Am I the only one who failed to understand this?:grinningsingh:

Sat Sri Akaal,

Why Confusion, just have understanding of question.
Am I the only one who failed to understand this?

Seeking answer from own self, the "TRUTH" of own self

Is the "AIM" of religion

Do ask
Own self
always responds,
in a right way,
Own Self is the true Guide.

Others reply may have confusion or contradictions.

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa
Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh

Harry Haller

Panga Master
SPNer
Jan 31, 2011
Sat Sri Akaal,

Why Confusion, just have understanding of question.
Am I the only one who failed to understand this?

Seeking answer from own self, the "TRUTH" of own self

Is the "AIM" of religion

Do ask
Own self
always responds,
in a right way,
Own Self is the true Guide.

Others reply may have confusion or contradictions.

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa
Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh

Ravneetji

Although I respect you hugely, I would ask of you to try and be a bit more clear in what you are trying to state. There is enough confusion and ambiguity within Sikhism already, might I make a suggestion, if you could carry on posting as you are, but perhaps underneath just write short note explaining the essence of what you are trying to say, for those that are not as advanced in thinking

thank you

ravneet_sb

Writer
SPNer
Nov 5, 2010
Ravneetji

Although I respect you hugely, I would ask of you to try and be a bit more clear in what you are trying to state. There is enough confusion and ambiguity within Sikhism already, might I make a suggestion, if you could carry on posting as you are, but perhaps underneath just write short note explaining the essence of what you are trying to say, for those that are not as advanced in thinking

thank you

Sat Sri Akaal,

I regret for not being a good writer, very weak in presentation, this is very negative of mine.

Cause of this thread,

Is not Boasting of Own Religion or Grading/ Degrading any Other Religion

Written text is above plane of mind though written with mind to make body perform for writing, taking the stroke to different era's of human development.

Even is one puts own stroke of imaginative mind, to the era

When there was no Hindu/Christian/Muslim/ Sikh etc

who human mind behaved and evolved

what caused religion and why religion "AIM"

It was developed intellect of few humans initially
True Understanding of Mind Body and Nature
which was important to organize society and development of social culture

It was professed to other humans for development of society.

Religions are formed in different situations of nature and social development

So they are different,

There is lot of comparison, boasting, of "SELF"

"Understanding" is "AIM"

But it is nature Positive/ Negative has to exist together and equally for neutral environment

But understanding event of nature, can keeps one in neutral state always,

Enjoying bliss/ peace and happiness internally,

not always seeking the positive environment, understanding negativity,
to keep the mind stroke to neutral.

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa
Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh

palaingtha

SPNer
Aug 28, 2012
for 'religion' I personally would replace the word with 'truthful living' :sippingcoffee:

Truthful living is not enough. One must thank the creator, the provider and above all for the life he has given us as human beings who have a chance to merge with Him. For that one must have a Religious path that will teach him to reach his destination. Guru sahib has made us to understand that we must repeat His Name "Waheguru".

Harry Haller

Panga Master
SPNer
Jan 31, 2011
Truthful living is not enough.

As one can only aspire to live completely truthfully, the word 'enough' is moot

One must thank the creator, the provider and above all for the life he has given us as human beings who have a chance to merge with Him

I do not think Creator is that insecure that it needs thanks, I also do not think that we were ever unmerged from Creator

For that one must have a Religious path that will teach him to reach his destination

sounds a bit ritual laden to me, you mean with ceremonies and chanting?

Guru sahib has made us to understand that we must repeat His Name "Waheguru".

Uhmm ok you do mean chanting, do tell us where Guru Sahib has made us understand this, perhaps you could quote a shabad that we can all learn from?

palaingtha

SPNer
Aug 28, 2012
As one can only aspire to live completely truthfully, the word 'enough' is moot

I do not think Creator is that insecure that it needs thanks, I also do not think that we were ever unmerged from Creator

sounds a bit ritual laden to me, you mean with ceremonies and chanting?

Uhmm ok you do mean chanting, do tell us where Guru Sahib has made us understand this, perhaps you could quote a shabad that we can all learn from?

I will give you the details of shaloks connected to Remembering and chanting His name in a couple of days.

Here are some answers connected to your query as per SGGS ji. I am quoting the followings from a book, "THE GOSPEL OF THE GURU-- GRANTH SAHIB, by Duncan Greenlees, M.A. (Oxon.)

Q. What is the origin of the individual soul?

Ans. Like that of a spark from the One Fire, a wave arising in the One Sea. The soul comes forth from God, is always really in Him as a partial expression of His Will, and at last manifests it perfectly in union with His perfect Soul.

Q. What is man's duty upon earth; to God to other men, to himself?

To love and worship God, holding His presence always in mind, and doing all actions in His Name and to His glory; to serve and help mankind in all humility, gentleness and courage, fulfilling the duties of state in perfect honesty; to aspire continually to become a perfect devotee of God to do His work on earth faithfully so that he may gain those qualities which enable His grace to unite him with God.

Q. How does a man repeat God's Name?
By holding himself always conscious of God's presence in his own heart and in all around; this may be greatly aided by the chanting of His glories or the Guru's hymns, by the company of a saint, or by the actual repetition of some one of His actual names- such as Hari, Rama, Waheguru.

aristotle

SPNer
May 10, 2010
Ancient Greece

ਆਸਾ ਮਹਲਾ ੧ ॥
Asa Measure, First Guru.

ਆਖਾ ਜੀਵਾ ਵਿਸਰੈ ਮਰਿ ਜਾਉ ॥
By repeating thy Name, I live, by forgetting it I die.

ਆਖਣਿ ਅਉਖਾ ਸਾਚਾ ਨਾਉ ॥
Difficult to utter is the True Name.

ਸਾਚੇ ਨਾਮ ਕੀ ਲਾਗੈ ਭੂਖ ॥
If man feels hunger for the True Name,

ਉਤੁ ਭੂਖੈ ਖਾਇ ਚਲੀਅਹਿ ਦੂਖ ॥੧॥
that hunger shall consume his pains.

ਸੋ ਕਿਉ ਵਿਸਰੈ ਮੇਰੀ ਮਾਇ ॥
How can He be forgotten O my Mother?

ਸਾਚਾ ਸਾਹਿਬੁ ਸਾਚੈ ਨਾਇ ॥੧॥ ਰਹਾਉ ॥
True is the Lord and true His Name, O my Mother? Pause.

ਸਾਚੇ ਨਾਮ ਕੀ ਤਿਲੁ ਵਡਿਆਈ ॥
Recounting the greatness of the True name,

ਆਖਿ ਥਕੇ ਕੀਮਤਿ ਨਹੀ ਪਾਈ ॥
Men have grown weary but they have not been able to appraise even a jot of it.

ਜੇ ਸਭਿ ਮਿਲਿ ਕੈ ਆਖਣ ਪਾਹਿ ॥
If all men meet and glorify Thee,

ਵਡਾ ਨ ਹੋਵੈ ਘਾਟਿ ਨ ਜਾਇ ॥੨॥
Thou would neither grow greater nor lesser.

ਨਾ ਓਹੁ ਮਰੈ ਨ ਹੋਵੈ ਸੋਗੁ ॥
That Lord dies not, nor there is any mourning.

ਦੇਦਾ ਰਹੈ ਨ ਚੂਕੈ ਭੋਗੁ ॥
He continues to give; His provisions never run short.

ਗੁਣੁ ਏਹੋ ਹੋਰੁ ਨਾਹੀ ਕੋਇ ॥
This alone is His merit that none else is like Him.

ਨਾ ਕੋ ਹੋਆ ਨਾ ਕੋ ਹੋਇ ॥੩॥
There has been none, nor there shall be any.

ਜੇਵਡੁ ਆਪਿ ਤੇਵਡ ਤੇਰੀ ਦਾਤਿ ॥
As great as Thou art, O; Lord! so, great are Thine gift.

ਜਿਨਿ ਦਿਨੁ ਕਰਿ ਕੈ ਕੀਤੀ ਰਾਤਿ ॥
(Thine is the personality) who makest the say and the night (too).

ਖਸਮੁ ਵਿਸਾਰਹਿ ਤੇ ਕਮਜਾਤਿ ॥
Vile are they who forget their Master.

ਨਾਨਕ ਨਾਵੈ ਬਾਝੁ ਸਨਾਤਿ ॥੪॥੩॥
O Nanak! without God's Name, men are out caste wretches.

(Guru Granth Sahib Maharaj, Page 9-10)

Harry Haller

Panga Master
SPNer
Jan 31, 2011
I will give you the details of shaloks connected to Remembering and chanting His name in a couple of days.

Here are some answers connected to your query as per Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji. I am quoting the followings from a book, "THE GOSPEL OF THE GURU-- GRANTH SAHIB, by Duncan Greenlees, M.A. (Oxon.)

Q. What is the origin of the individual soul?

Ans. Like that of a spark from the One Fire, a wave arising in the One Sea. The soul comes forth from God, is always really in Him as a partial expression of His Will, and at last manifests it perfectly in union with His perfect Soul.

Q. What is man's duty upon earth; to God to other men, to himself?

To love and worship God, holding His presence always in mind, and doing all actions in His Name and to His glory; to serve and help mankind in all humility, gentleness and courage, fulfilling the duties of state in perfect honesty; to aspire continually to become a perfect devotee of God to do His work on earth faithfully so that he may gain those qualities which enable His grace to unite him with God.

Q. How does a man repeat God's Name?
By holding himself always conscious of God's presence in his own heart and in all around; this may be greatly aided by the chanting of His glories or the Guru's hymns, by the company of a saint, or by the actual repetition of some one of His actual names- such as Hari, Rama, Waheguru.

It is pretty obvious that any quotes will be Abrahamicised given that this appears to be a translation leaning towards a Christian take on the SGGS.....

ravneet_sb

Writer
SPNer
Nov 5, 2010
It is pretty obvious that any quotes will be Abrahamicised given that this appears to be a translation leaning towards a Christian take on the Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji.....

SIKH%20PHP.jpg

Sat Sri Akaal

SIKH/ LEARNER

and Learning process for mind comes through

IMPETUS (Natural/ Visual/ Vocal/Physical)

which is received by Mind

as Natural (Meditation/ Thinking of Events)
as Visual (Watching Movie/Poster Etc)
as Vocal (Listening/ Speaking)
as Physical (Rituals)

Each process leads to mind training

And each learner,
depending on how one's mind receives,
likes the process of learning,

All the process lead to evoke mind, giving better observation/ expression and listening capabilities.

Though

Wave is one
Mind which receives among one is one
But as the process which mind follows is different for learning,
due to mind condition during birth.

So comparing mind differs
and
one always likes one's own process

few like learning by just
1.changing mind strokes (meditation/ Dhyan/ Thinking Object and Subject Simultaneously),
2. learning through visual media
3. learning through vocal media
4. learning through physical training/ anology

LEAVE COMPARISON by "UNDERSTANDING" events of MIND and NATURE

Everyone is saying his OWN TRUTH

But "UNDERSTANDING" leads to "ONE" and is "ONE"

IMPORTANT IS "UNDERSTANDING" WHICH IS "AIM" of "RELIGION"

Process may be different

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa
Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh

Last edited by a moderator:

Ishna

Writer
SPNer
May 9, 2006
Ravneet ji
While rotating your image I think I may have cut off the right edge by mistake. Can you please upload it again and I will fix.
Apologies and thanks.
Ishna

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM