• Welcome to all New Sikh Philosophy Network Forums!
    Explore Sikh Sikhi Sikhism...

Christianity 'Aggressive Conversion' - Targetted By Cops

Jul 10, 2006
Islamic Student Recruiters Targetted By Cops

Thursday, 22nd February 2007, 14:50
Category: Crime and Punishment

Extremist Muslims who force hundreds of vulnerable teenage girls to convert to Islam are being targeted by police, it was revealed today.

Cops are working with universities to clamp down on the practice of 'Aggressive Conversion' that has seen girls beaten up and forced to abandon university courses, announced Sir Ian Blair, Commissioner of the Metropolitan Police.

Those most at risk are Hindu or Sikh girls, who are especially vulnerable, according to the Hindu Forum of Britain.

They claim that hundreds are subject to intimidation, threats and beatings by Muslim men who take them out for dates before beginning a campaign of 'terrorism' until they convert to Islam.

And they say some Muslims are being paid up to £5,000 for every person converted to Islam in parts of the country.

Sir Ian Blair stated his support for the Hindu community at a conference organised by the Hindu Forum of Britain.

Ramesh Kallidai, secretary general of the Hindu Forum of Britain, said the Hindu and Sikh community were infuriated by the conversions.

He said: "There is a lot of passion and resentment in the Hindu and Sikh community over aggressive conversions and intimidation on university campuses.

"Extremist Muslims make life completely miserable for Hindu girls. Some are completely petrified because they are constantly being phoned up, having their door knocked. They feel these men have a complete hold on them.

"One girl was beaten up on the street and and others have been forced to leave university.

"We believe there are at least two or three cases in each of the universities in London alone, based on what we know from victims telling us.

"It is probably more prevalent in cities such as Birmingham, Leeds and Bradford and I would absolutely say are hundreds of such cases.

"We have seen posters in Luton that specifically ask Muslim boys to convert Hindu and Sikh girls because they are very vulnerable.

"They are encouraged to go on dates with Hindu girls, and once they have won their trust, to aggressively convert them.

"I have even heard rumours that Muslim boys are paid as much as £5,000 to convert someone.

"The problem is we don't know the full extent of the problem because even coming to tell us takes very brave girls. They know the boys that do it and are frightened they know where they live."

Last November, Higher Education minister Bill Rammell claimed University campuses had become focal points for Islamic extremism.

Police urged any girls who have been targeted to report aggressors to them.

However Mr Kallidai said they were not doing enough to tackle the problem and that they needed to identify the extent of the problem before attempting to deal with it.

He continued: "The problem is that police are saying they will deal with this and work with universities, but they don't know the scale of the problem.

"They've got to encourage people to report and intimidation, then investigate the problem. They need to find ways in which girls will feel more confident to report it.

"I think a dedicated, confidential line would be of help - something like Crimestoppers is too general."

A Scotland Yard spokesman said: "The Commissioner and other Metropolitan Police colleagues attended a Hindu security conference organised by the Hindu Forum of Great Britain yesterday.

"The Commissioner told attendees that the Met understood the feeling in the Hindu community that police had not given them as much attention as some other groups and gave reassurance that their concerns are taken seriously.

"The issue of Hindu girls being reportedly subjected to aggressive conversion techniques and intimidation on university campuses was raised.

"Neighbourhood police officers work with university authorities in London and we would encourage anyone who has been targeted in this way to seek help and support and where necessary use third party reporting facilities if they do not want to contact police directly."

Source:Islamic Student Recruiters Targetted By Cops - UK News Headlines

<br /><br />
----------------------------------------<br />

----------------------------------------<br />

----------------------------------------
----------------------------------------

badmash

SPNer
Jan 25, 2007
Why is not the problem taken care of by the sikh and hindu communities themselves? Are we that weak and cowardly now that the above is true? If it is true, it is shameful and our folks in UK ought to be ridiculed. While it may be on a small scale, perhaps some people need old fashioned fist-a-cuffs and danda treatment.

dalsingh

SPNer
Jun 12, 2006
London
Badmash,

Look up a thread called "Shere Punjab" on this site. Some people were doing something akin to what you are saying years ago about this. Its a shame that conservative cowards in th ecommunity didn't have nothing positive to say about them and just buried their heads in the sand like true giddarhs!

Actually I'll bring that thread back to the fore just to let people know we aren't all cowards, even if we aren't perfectly disciplined.

badmash

SPNer
Jan 25, 2007
I appreciate your comments. Not living in UK, perhaps I have no right to comment. But being Sikh and hearing of above, (again perhaps it is overstated) but if true, then it is sad. And I am not talking of discipline, all communities need their "zealots". And the other communities have them, attempting converts to Islam and Christianity. When we suffer unjust harassment as a sikh or hindu community, then the community must use lawful means to counteract. However, it never hurts if the wrongdoers and people conducting unwanted solicitation and worse are directly confronted physically and asked to desist. And if that does not work, we have our history, do we not? And if sikhs in UK cannot do this (where there are so many more per capita than anywhere else in the west), then shall we throw the towel or in or perhaps recite some gurbani (perhaps in urdu script)!???

Sat Sri Akal!!

badmash

SPNer
Jan 25, 2007
You know I must say one other thing as well. Who are these girls and people who give in to this kind of intimidation? Sorry for saying so, but I do not understand it. Someone bullies you, grinds you down, and you give in to spiritual and religious conversion by force??! It seems to me, the victims are almost as responsible as the people desiring conversion. I mean come on, have some guts and pride in one's own history. It is not as groups of armed Pathans are outside your door ready to hack you down (as they did many times in the past!!). Have we fallen so much, that our young educated and literate people do not know how to keep their heads high and have dignity of identity, even in a western secular society and at western universities? Sorry if that is too critical, but why are we the only people having this problem?

dalsingh

SPNer
Jun 12, 2006
London
It just goes back to what we were talking about before brother. The importance of Sikhs having a solid sense of identity and self knowledge. The role of the family is central to this. Instead of just pushing kids to do well academically and professionally parents need to inform them of their roots!

kds1980

SPNer
Apr 3, 2005
INDIA
Why is not the problem taken care of by the sikh and hindu communities themselves? Are we that weak and cowardly now that the above is true? If it is true, it is shameful and our folks in UK ought to be ridiculed. While it may be on a small scale, perhaps some people need old fashioned fist-a-cuffs and danda treatment.

badmash you are absolutely right.sikhs should take care of this problem themselves
majority of sikhs have forgotten their martial tradition.sikh preachers are only interested in imposing 5ks.
they never told sikhs how to use kirpan or do other sikh martial arts.i am really sorry to say that the more i read about sikh history the more it looks like that we are following brahminified version of sikhi
and not the original one

MKAUR1981

SPNer
Aug 24, 2006
WJKK WJKF

Who are these girls and people who give in to this kind of intimidation?

I was thinking exactly the same thing.

Have they got "other" things that they may be using to blackmail the girls with. I'm not trying to over exagerrate the issue, but far are these girls going in terms of the physical side of the relationship? Is this being used as a way of blackmail?

dalsingh

SPNer
Jun 12, 2006
London
Message to gubroo Panjabis/Sikhs.

The next meeting with the Daliwal bloke is on the 1st of March (Thursday) apparently at 5.00 pm.

Those of you who can, get the Sikh bros together and attend to make a PEACEFUL protest. I know some Sikhs from South Bank Uni are planning to attend.

Get your numbers up and go there if you are in the area.

Question the muslims about their religion in relation to creation (Adam and Eve) in the face of overwhelming evidence against this (i.e. dinosaurs). Also ask whether good female Muslims will have 72 virgin body builders attending to their sexual needs whilst sipping goblets of wine in paradise or if this only for the men?

Make sure you are restrained and do not give way to stupid emotions and give the western media another "these foreigners are animals" scoop!

Get organised, get the headstrong massive together and let them know that we are still alive and kicking PEACEFULLY. Don't hit out unless it is in self defence. Take camcorders and film incase the media tries to misrepresent it.

Another VERY important note: This Daliwal guy is probably confused due to his dysfunctional upbringing. Show him compassion. Ultimately the best thing we could do is to bring him back to his roots. Although if we can do this it will mean a lifetime of regret from him (if he has had the snip) lol. Some of my clan should attend.

No unneccesary dumb Panjabi hotheadedness please!

dalsingh

SPNer
Jun 12, 2006
London
Was talking to some old older lot about this and they were of the mind that we should just ignore this idiot. What does the sangat think of this?

Jul 10, 2006
Quote:
"I hope you guys remember what happened in wembley when a few sikhs were converted in front of the audience and our gurus were insulted by clapping spectators. At least our presence is required to make sure nothing of this sort happens again."

Its not really about this idiot is it.?

Why is it going on under our noses is the point. Why is the UK educational board allowing "extremist" influence in student unions.? We all know what really goes on i.e. discussed in most of this so called religious "talks".

There are enough article's and TV programs on this "issue" but its still going on!. Spreading hate and other nonsense I rather not mention, is not on - is it? - not for the young minds of students.

Children of Sri Guru Gobind Singh ji Maharaj - "Saint/Soldiers" go forth (peacefully).:)
Hopefully then the UK Educational Boards will take note.:)

Aug 6, 2006
MKAUR1981's point of view is also to be noted. If the point she sais is true then the problem has to be attended from many angles. To avoid this type of situations we must have to reunite to the values of the sikhi from which we are being departed on the name of modernization.

badmash

SPNer
Jan 25, 2007
Go you guys. The UK will have to take the lead in promoting sikh interests, as you have the most concentrated numbers. Good luck.

SS0606

SPNer
Nov 21, 2006
Have they got "other" things that they may be using to blackmail the girls with. I'm not trying to over exagerrate the issue, but far are these girls going in terms of the physical side of the relationship? Is this being used as a way of blackmail?

I am 18 years old and at Uni in Birmingham. I was told by a young Muslim boy 'you have the characteristics of a good Muslim girl' My answer to that was 'well Muslim must have a lot in common with Sikhs?' My Hindu friend was told that if she was to convert to Islam, 'you would a lot of good looking Muslim boyfriends' she was outraged and said 'do you think us Indian girls are prostitutes?' I assure you we haven't even as much as shook these boys hands nevermind any other further physical relationship.
Yes I understand what you are trying to say, that we as Sikhs and Hindus should be stronger and show these boys where we stand, but put yourself in shoes of these young girls, how do you deal with these idiots when we're constantly around them? We go to Uni with these people, we study with them, they're in our lectures. If one goes another one comes, avoiding them is just impossible. It's easy to point your finger and say that 'Oh well these girls just lack cultural and religious knowledge' but the truth is we're not all as dumb and idiotic as we're made out to be.
You have to realize that these boys are not doing it religiously but out of greed, they're rewarded by high payments. In my opinion it is not the fact that we are Sikh or Hindu but simply due to the fact that we are Indian. I'm sure most young Sikh and Hindu girls will agree that these Muslim boys are not from Iran or Dubai or any other Islamic country, but Pakistani boys. It turns in to a competiton for them on who can get the most amount of INDIAN girls. And the more we say NO the more they try just to look good infront of other Pakistani boys. We as a whole community need to show that we are not weak and not just rely on us young Indian girls do be able to show them the finger.

kds1980

SPNer
Apr 3, 2005
INDIA
I am 18 years old and at Uni in Birmingham. I was told by a young Muslim boy 'you have the characteristics of a good Muslim girl' My answer to that was 'well Muslim must have a lot in common with Sikhs?' My Hindu friend was told that if she was to convert to Islam, 'you would a lot of good looking Muslim boyfriends' she was outraged and said 'do you think us Indian girls are prostitutes?' I assure you we haven't even as much as shook these boys hands nevermind any other further physical relationship.
Yes I understand what you are trying to say, that we as Sikhs and Hindus should be stronger and show these boys where we stand, but put yourself in shoes of these young girls, how do you deal with these idiots when we're constantly around them? We go to Uni with these people, we study with them, they're in our lectures. If one goes another one comes, avoiding them is just impossible. It's easy to point your finger and say that 'Oh well these girls just lack cultural and religious knowledge' but the truth is we're not all as dumb and idiotic as we're made out to be.
You have to realize that these boys are not doing it religiously but out of greed, they're rewarded by high payments. In my opinion it is not the fact that we are Sikh or Hindu but simply due to the fact that we are Indian. I'm sure most young Sikh and Hindu girls will agree that these Muslim boys are not from Iran or Dubai or any other Islamic country, but Pakistani boys. It turns in to a competiton for them on who can get the most amount of INDIAN girls. And the more we say NO the more they try just to look good infront of other Pakistani boys. We as a whole community need to show that we are not weak and not just rely on us young Indian girls do be able to show them the finger.

if muslim boys are harrasing hindu and sikh girls then what sikh and hindu boys are doing?

SS0606

SPNer
Nov 21, 2006
Why not tell to them bluntly f*** off and eat some pork.

I did say that the more we say NO the more they try and the more they annoy us. And as far as the language you used, why should I steep so low? I was brought up with manners and Sikhism teaches we respect other people faiths and not all Muslims are bad people. So why would I want to insult the majority?

And my reply to what are Sikh and Hindu boys doing? A very good question, they need to help us but most of the times thei response to us is...'you deserve it.' This aggravates me a lot, and our brothers who do want to help...well how far does a one man army go?

I've seen a lot of my friends (Sikh and Hindu) get into fights with Muslim boys and they're not small fights, i've seen my own brother have a hammer struck to his head 4 times, and as sad as it sounds, my friends did nothing but back down. We can bad mouth Muslims as much as we want but the fact is that the Muslim community (especially Pakistani Muslims) are a well bonded community. If one is in trouble they multiply by hundreds. So once again i'm stressing we need to work TOGETHER and help eachother.

badmash

SPNer
Jan 25, 2007
Then ask yourself how is it that our forefathers made many of them our vassals in West Punjab? How is it we took the Khyber (albeit for a short time)? It is precisely the bonding and toughness. We dissimilate ourselves with the constant handringing over caste, ethics, discussions and arguments. The absence of that is what they have. I think any community which does not have a herd mentality for defensive purposes, is going to pay for the lack of it. As for language, laughable. Please do not stoop! Allow yourself to be b******d standing up. And as for insulting the majority PUHLEESE! I mean, how many edicts have been issued from the Mosques stressing equality of faith and calling on the faithful not too convert others!! I think our main problem is precisely all the nice talk and patience. It is too bad we are so civil and polite and in essence, cowardly.

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM