• Welcome to all New Sikh Philosophy Network Forums!
    Explore Sikh Sikhi Sikhism...

Accusations Made Against Baba Gurbachan Singh Ji Khalsa Of Bhindran

Jul 30, 2004
world
Gurfateh

Moreover, to support Baba Gurbachan Singh ji one will have agree that the following writings and acts are right :-
  • Giani Gurbachan Singh (Taksal leader) himself prefixed the following “alankaars” to his name : “Srimaan - Panth Ratan -Vidya Martand – Sant – Giani – Gurbachan Singh Ji.”
  • Taksal is emphasizing that Guru Nanak Dev ji is from Kush (Ram’s sons) dynasty.
  • Guru Angad Sahib ji is written to be from the dynasty of Lakshman’s son.
  • Guru Amardaas ji is told to be from the dynasty of Bharat.
  • Guru Ramdaas ji is written to be from the dynasty of lahoo.
  • Guru Har Rai ji got married 8 times.
  • Bhai Dya Singh (one of the panj pyare) was avatar (re-incarnation) of lahoo
  • Bhai Dharam Singh (one of the panj pyare) was avtar of Panna ji.
  • Bhai Himmat Singh (one of the panj pyare) was avtar of Chaturbhuji (four armed)
  • Bhai Mohkam Singh (one of the panj pyare) was avtar of Namdev ji
  • Bhai Sahib Singh (one of the panj pyare) was avtar of Sain ji
  • A lady with her “pati vrata shakti” (power gained by worshipping her husband) could travel for Kabul to Goindwal every morning and return back to Kabul every evening. With her same power she could move the cradle of her child in Kabul while she was in Goindwal.
  • Another lady with the same “pati vrata shakti” stopped the sun from rising and only released the sun when her husband was made alive by the gods again.
  • Satguru has restricted us from wearing red color clothes.
  • Taksal has written that “Mool mantar” is till “Nanak ho si bhi sach” whereas the truth is that “Mool mantar” is till “Gur parsad”.
  • Baba Sunder Singh’s father Khajan Singh used to read path standing on one foot so that he could get a son as a boon.
  • While the child is being born, the nurse (or “dai”) should only be a Sikh. Does not Taksal members and leaders go to hospitals? ... are all nurses Sikh there?
  • Baba Farid kept meditating in jungles for years and ate the leaves of trees. This is totally false, as I have read Baba Farid was against such acts.
  • Baba Farid kept hanging in a well for 13 years and kept meditating.
  • Guru Gobind Singh ji had a hidden book with them. (why would guru ji hide that from his Khalsa, I think this is being said so that these guys (taksal) can write their own book and later say they have found that hidden book).
  • Bhai Dya Singh, Dharam Singh , Bhai Himmat Singh, Bhai Mohkam Singh and Bhai Sahib Singh’s head was cut by Guru Gobind Singh ji and put as a giving in front of Guru Granth Sahib. Taksal mentions that this fact is written in hidden book of Guru Gobind Singh ji. (Excellent way to fool innocent people!).
  • Bhai Himmat Singh Ji ( one of panj pyare ) was cursed in his last birth. God had told him that in the form of 10th guru I will cut your head and release you. (This seems to be a story picked up from Hindu mythology)
  • When the heads of Panj Pyare were cut, amrit was sprinkled and new heads grew on their shoulders. (Notice the use of “grew”).
  • Guru ji gave “amrit” to 2 sparrows and those 2 sparrows died fighting with each other. Gurbaksh Singh named sikh ran to honorable mother and she put some patasey (sweets) into amrit only then the amrit became peaceful. (Think it over, the so called mythical man in Taksal writing ran to honorable mother. Does that mean had disbelief in Guru Gobind Singh ji, does this mean Guru ji made some blunder while preparing amrit??)
  • Panj pyare’s said to Guru Gobind Singh Ji, “Just like Ram Chander honored monkeys, you are honoring us”. ( are we monkeys now?? And that too panj pyare?? This is insult of each sikh)
  • If you recite Keertan Sohila before sleeping an iron fort will be build around you. (Think, if that is possible then we do not need to lock our houses).
  • Tobbacco has come into being due to the blood that oozed out of the feet of kaamdhenu Cow. (wow! It will take an idiot to believe this and they are trying to teach this to the Sikhs).
  • Khalsa should only wear blue, yellow, black or white, no other color.
  • Narad muni (from Hindu mythology) gifted Guru Gobind Singh ji with the feathers of a bird, that is why Guru Gobind Singh ji had so many powers.
  • When Dan Singh asked about long hair of Sikhs, Guru Gobind Singh ji replied that Sikhs have long hair so that they can be pulled out of hell by holding them with these long hair (what an insult of Sikh identity)
  • Women should not be involved in preparation of amrit.
  • Women should not perform Gidha in marriages.
  • The wife of King Hari Sen came to court in a viel, Guru asked, “who is this insane women?” The same time she became insane. (Think, will guru ji make any body insane?)
  • Bhai Heera Singh died while reciting Gurbani. Chariots (rath) from sky came to take him. ( I feel like laughing, seems like these people have watched Ramanand Sagar’s Ramayan too much)
  • Kachchera (undergarment), comb etc. should be tied with a dead person. (Again!, a Hindu superstition).
  • Sikh priests should not eat garlic and onion. (What??)
  • Use desi ghee (oil made from butter) for jyot (candle) for paath and dhoop (fragrance stick) should always be burning. (Very soon, they will release the next version of it – keep everything in a plate and perform aarti of Guru Granth Sahib and put tilak on everyone’s forehead)
  • Also Taksal has mentioned the list of other such materials needed for paath.(Just like a pandit will give a long list of “pooja samgri”)
  • After bhog performing aarti is necessary.
  • Taksal writings mention, you cannot go in front of Guru Granth Sahib wearing pajamas, women should also follow the same rule. (Do you see any logic here??)
  • To give the proof that he is right guru, 10th guru recited Gurbani entirely from his memory so that people do not suspect him. (????)
  • Sikh Priest should kept “maun vrat”, should not court with his wife. If he suffers from night fall he should go to toiled and then wash his hair. (Oh god! What nonsense?).
  • Gifting coconut is equal to gifting a head. (well, then why “Sir dhar tali gali meri ayo”??? why not “Nariyal (coconut) dhar tali gali meri ayo” ????)
  • If paath is recited properly then the inside nut part of the coconut will become ashes.
  • Bhai Kahan Singh Nabha has written wrong by Raag Mala. (Dear readers let me inform you and even Giani Gurdit Singh ji rejects Raag Mala as authentic part of Gurbani and he has proved with facts that this has been added by some unauthorized person. Enthusiastic reader is encourage to search the internet for “Mundavani” and related spellings.)
Veerji, from someone who is spending considerable time on the internet I expect I don't have to say same things over and over again. Please read them yourself and try to be honest with your heart. Then you will not need anybody like me.

As far as I am concerned I have no doubt that these writings are wrong and should not be fed to the brains of innocent people. And my veer please do not give me examples from "Raagmala" and "Dasam Granth". Thinking logically you yourself will come to know.
  1. Search for "Mundavani" and I hope you know what this word means and where it is written, and why it is written there? This will clear your mind on Raagmala issue.
  2. If the Dasam Granth was complete at the time of Guru Gobind Singh Ji, then Guru Gobind Singh ji would have themselves asked us to follow it.
Keep up the great job my friend! with the hard work that you are doing, truth cannot evade you forever.

Sat Shri Akaal,
-Akashdeep

Das is not from Taksal but did not find anyone forthcoming to give some views over thses issues radioe by Bhai Akashdeep Singh Ji so das stars this thread.

First thing is should one has to support some person and then should one has to agree to all points made by the same.

Das thinks not.As das support Kala Afghana Sahib and supports him as role modle for Das himself yet may not agree to whole things as he(Kala Afghana Sahib) says.

So das may be writinag something pro to Baba Ji but may not agree to Baba Ji's or Taksal Anti meat or Anti beeef thing.

Das himself is a beef eater.

So das will wrtie ore over here and give some input over ploygamy also.

----------------------------------------
----------------------------------------

spnadmin

1947-2014 (Archived)
SPNer
Jun 17, 2004
Thanks for posting all the provisions of the Damdami rehat in one place. I can use it in the Sanatan Sikhi part of the forum.

Feb 8, 2010
I dont know too much about Taksaal neither about any of those things but Lol ...this Akashdeep dude seems like a rare type of looser.

- Ghostface Killah

spnadmin

1947-2014 (Archived)
SPNer
Jun 17, 2004
Actually Akashdeep is someone that I admire greatly. A young man with a lot of knowledge of Sikhism -- who believes it is being hijacked by deras lost in the heady fog of the Vedantic traditions -- as they misconstrue those traditions.

Akahdeep writes tirelessly about the hijacking of the message of Guru Nanak.

Feb 8, 2010
Maybe so but wouldnt it be alot more ideal to show were Baba Gurbachan Singh has said these things. For all i know these could be his own baked up stories. Im one who knows little about either but it seems that there doesnt seem to be no debate going on between the two sides, each person picks a side they want to be on and just entertain themshelves how stupid the other sides view is.

His claims would be better worthy if they were put to some taksali singhs ( knowledgeable ones that is)

- Ghostface Killah :cool:

spnadmin

1947-2014 (Archived)
SPNer
Jun 17, 2004
Do you think that there are takhsali singhs who would disagree with the list? If you know any why not ask them to contact us.

spnadmin

1947-2014 (Archived)
SPNer
Jun 17, 2004
Ghostface ji

Well here is something interesting. A direct link to the Sikh Rehat Maryada according to Gurbahan Singh Khalsa. It is very different from the Sikh Rehat Maryada followed by most Sikhs. Yet the Damdami Taksal refers to it as the Sikh Maryada making it seem as if their's is the correct rehat for all Sikhs.

Rehat Maryada

Harkiran Kaur

Leader

Writer
SPNer
Jul 20, 2012
Notice, the line where it says "women should not be involved with preparation of amrit"

There has never been a satisfactory reason to bar women from acting as one of the Panj Pyaras.

- If the argument is that no woman gave her head that day so no woman has a right to be one of Panj Pyaras ever... then also those castes which were not represented and skin colours, ethnicities etc who never had someone who gave their head that say, they too should be kept from this seva. But they are not... as long as you have a {censored} apparently you are good to go! Counter Argument, Gurbani says these bodies are false, our true identities genderless. The first five, it was not their maleness that gave their heads. They were brahamgiani and above physical limits. They were above gender.

- Some argue that no historical document states Guru Ji appointed any woman in the time immediately after the first in 1699. Counter Argument - There exists not much written history at all, where we can even say who the panj pyaras were, aside from the amrit sanchars of some prominent figure in history, which usually revolved around militancy. The amrit sanchars of ordinary Sikhs were hardly written about at all, and very well could have had women as panj pyaras. Just because we can't find direct written evidence, doesn't mean it didn't happen.

- There DOES exist history proving women WERE involved with conferring amrit in form of charan amrit, prior to 1699. As we know, there were women masands appointed by the Gurus. Masands had full rights over their jurisdiction, including conferring amrit in absence of the Guru. There IS written historical reference to this, including the explanation that masands did indeed confer amrit (charan amrit). So if women masands were capable to confer amrit in a position which had to be directly appointed by the Guru (a position which was much more difficult to acquire) then who are we to say that women can not now confer kande de pahul, in a less restrictive position appointed by panth as part of the panj pyaras? Amrit is amrit. Those who took amrit in form of charan amrit are not any less Sikh in our eyes now, so how can we say there is some hugely different mechanism between Kandi de pahul and charan pahul that would make women all of a sudden no longer suitable?

Gurbani says:
"As Gurmukh look upon all with a single eye of equality, for in each and every heart the divine light abides"

- ALL those who go before panj pyaras and give their head (symbolically) and take kande di pahul, are seen as equal in Khalsa (brotherhood). There is no hierarchy in the Khalsa, meaning anyone is capable to do any seva and selection of panj pyaras should be based on their gian and avastha.

Therefore, I do not believe in the Damdami Taksal rehet maryada, as it seems a lot of brahminical thinking has crept into it. Like for example where it says that wives must see their husband as 'God' over them, while the husband is told to view his wife as a faithful 'follower'. It lays down direct hierarchy in marriage instead of an equal partnership. This worshipping of husband as God is a Hindu tradition, straight from laws of manu. They also believe women are unclean (ritually) and prohibit women from most seva of SGGSJ (some of their Gurdwaras only prohibit menstruating women, others prohibit women altogether - you know... just to be sure no menstruating bibi desecrates SGGSJ with her bleeding). This too is straight from Hinduism and laws of manu. (Hindu women are not allowed in many Hindu temples) Taksalis cite cleanliness as the reason...

But Gurbani Says:
"The true cleansing bath is service to the Guru."

They are keeping women from the very thing which gurbani says IS what cleanses us... service to the Guru.

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM