• Welcome to all New Sikh Philosophy Network Forums!
    Explore Sikh Sikhi Sikhism...

A Question About Guruji And Money

Apr 2, 2006
Waheguruji Ka Khalsa
Waheguruji Ki Fateh

I have a question, I would like it to be answered by elder Sikhs or by others that can get an accurate reference/answer, or maybe just ask your grandparents. Or maybe you yourself can.

This is my question, ???

Is it an old custom to put money in front of Sri Guru Grant Sahib ji, when one enters the Gurudwara?

If yes, fine. If not then,

Since when its done like that, is it mandatory for offering money right in front of Guruji?

Is it like that in all the Gurudwaras? I have only been to 3.

It would help much to hear your answers/replies or anything on the topic of offering money in front of Guruji, maybe im using the wrong terms so please correct me where necessary

Yours truly

Taran

PS: Im new to Sikhism, and im still learnig and finding new great things everyday, just so I know and you know. Thank You!

SAT SRI AKAL

Amardeep

SPNer
Feb 12, 2006
the tradtion of money is new..

back in Guru ji's time people would offer Food which would be provided for the poor and in the langar.. the money is NOT to guru jee, but is for the benefit of the poor or sangat for instance on keeping the gurdwara going etc...

it is not like a ritual of voodoo men that offers things to praise God....

i hope this would answer your guestion

Jul 13, 2004
Canada
Bheta used to be for Guru Sahib hence sangat. Bheta used to in the form of money, weapons, langar etc.

Nanaksar people dont keep Golak in diwan.

Regards.

Apr 2, 2006
Waheguruji Ka Khalsa
Waheguruji Ki Fateh

Its making more and more sence, I dont want to start anything or stir things up, by telling my views, but im sure that some of you are on the same page as I am, and I will give it time, its all a matter of time, when the time is right, things will come to be, and it will be done in the right and true way. In the true way of Guruji and Waheguru.

Thank you for your reply!

SAT SRI AKAL

yours,

Talwaar

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM

📌 For all latest updates, follow the Official Sikh Philosophy Network Whatsapp Channel: