• Welcome to all New Sikh Philosophy Network Forums!
    Explore Sikh Sikhi Sikhism...

A New Breed Of Politician: Jagmeet Singh

Admin

SPNer
Jun 1, 2004
SPN
A New Breed of Politician:
Jagmeet Singh

by T. SHER SINGH

Last night's election in Ontario, Canada, saw the arrival of Jagmeet Singh as the new Member of Provincial Parliament from the Bramalea-Gore-Malton riding, bearing the flag of the New Democratic Party.

A Mississauga resident, Jagmeet Singh, 32, graduated from Osgoode Hall Law School and practices criminal law in the Greater Toronto Area.

The late Canadian political leader, Jack Layton, once described Jagmeet as "one of the most dynamic voices in the community".

Before turning into a criminal defence lawyer and a community advocate, Jagmeet completed his B.Sc. in Biology from the University of Western Ontario. He then earned an LL.B. from Osgoode Hall Law School and currently practices law. He is fluent in three languages - English, French and Punjabi.

"As a defender of fairness," explains a blog, "Jagmeet offers free legal rights seminars across Ontario and provides pro bono legal counsel for people and community organizations in need."

Good grounding for one who wants to serve his nation in the field of politics! And a marked departure from those who bring only one qualification to the job: a hunger for power, fame and the quick buck.

Toronto Verve, a popular fashion blog, once described him as follows:

"Jagmeet looks fantastic wearing his custom-made suit ... He immediately caught my attention when I saw him briskly riding down Bloor and was gracious to show me the amazing craftsmanship of his suit. I was particularly impressed with the red embroidery of his signature in Punjabi on the inside of his jacket ...

" ... since he's riding a Bixi bike in busy downtown traffic, it's safe to assume his position on the environment."

It is indeed time that our politicians - including those of the Sikh ilk - moved up a few notches to provide proper representation to the citizenry.

Indeed, Jagmeet Singh comes with a breath of fresh air.

And a lot of promise.

http://www.sikhchic.com/article-detail.php?cat=12&id=2787

Attachments

• jagmeet-singh002.jpg
    jagmeet-singh002.jpg
    15 KB · Reads: 248
  • jagmeet-singh.jpg
    jagmeet-singh.jpg
    6.2 KB · Reads: 300

Ambarsaria

ੴ / Ik▫oaʼnkār
Writer
SPNer
Dec 21, 2010
He indeed is a bright star for Sikh community in Canada. One of our Grand-nieces was a campaign manager for him. He brought lot of younger people to participate and channeled tremendous energy this way.

It is important also for our community to participate in all political affiliations so no one takes us for granted.

Sat Sri Akal.

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM