• Welcome to all New Sikh Philosophy Network Forums!
    Explore Sikh Sikhi Sikhism...

A Dog's View Of Sikhism

Harry Haller

Panga Master
SPNer
Jan 31, 2011
Gurrrfatehji,

I am a dog, my name is Dan. I live with my best friend Alfie with my dad and my mum. Although I call mum, mum, she is actually god, and although I call dad, dad, he will never be more than dad.

We also have with us Virgil, a cat, who is an atheist, and does not believe in a god. I talk to Virgil sometimes and ask him who provides us with food and shelter and how does he think the door that opens to the garden gets open and closed, but he says it is the wind that opens the door, and the food has always been there, since the dawning of time, when his father remembers it just that way too, cats, answer for everything ,

I do believe in god, I believe that god loves us all, and wants us to be happy and healthy. The god I believe in does not want my love, or my worship, or indeed expect anything other from me than that I live my life happy and healthy. To that end there are some simple rules that I follow, not to keep god happy, or to show gratitude to god, but for my own preservation.

Virgil does not see this, he is happy to eat the food, enjoy the warmth of the house, but he is free and wild, following rules is against his nature, one of these rules is no fighting. I like fighting, so does Alfie, but although we play fight, we would never fight other dogs, as this one of the rules, I think it is to stop us having fun, but Alfie, who is much more religious than us, thinks it is to save us from heartache and sadness, Alfie is older than me, he is 9, I am 4. Virgil fights all the time, he gets in at 4am every morning, bloody and bruised from fighting, and demands food. The strange thing is, god treats him the same as us. You would think we would get special bonuses for following the rules, but if anything Virgil gets special treatment for breaking them. Alfie says that we are dearer to god because we cause god less trouble, but even he admits that god shows more love to Virgil. I think Virgil is dearer to god, as he can do anything he wants, its very confusing

I love my life, I love my dad, and mum, who is god, and chasing rabbits. Alfie though is a bit strange, the only pleasure he finds is with god. When god goes to work in the morning, Alfie sits by the door, and waits there all day till god returns. I mean, I love god, but I have a life too! Alfie is in abject misery when he is not with god, he cries, he whines, he won't eat, he has taken religion too far, I personally think god is brilliant, I also am at my happiest with god, dad tried to bar us from the bedroom, and the kitchen table at one point, but we were both miserable, and mum could not stand seeing us so miserable, so now dad never says anything, and we sleep all night close to god.

The other day, mum and dad were in bed asleep, and I thought it would be funny to jump on the bed and try and bite dads nose. So I did, dad did not look too impressed, but mum thought it was wonderful, and she told me what a good clever dog I was. 5 mins later I did it again, and mum did the same, although dad was less impressed, I wondered if god ever got angry, I have never seen god angry, neither has Alfie, so I did it again and again, 15 times in all, and mum, not once did anything other than show she loved me, dad, did his dad face, but thats why he is not a god!

Without the love of god, my life and Alfies life would be meaningless, even Virgils life would be meaningless, he finds it easy not to believe in god when he has everything, but if god were to be absent from his life, he would know then just how much god meant to him, without him even realising it,

When god is in the house, we spend most of our time as close to god as we can, being apart from god is very upsetting for us, more for Alfie than me, being cuddled up to god, and being allowed to show god how much we love is very important to us, it allows us to express our feelings of joy and happyness, we do not do it as payback for everything god does for us, more because we appreciate god in everything that god does, and because the rules that god lays down for us, are not for god, they are so we have a better and happier life

To all the Virgils out there, what sort of person are you that eats gods food, lives in gods house, enjoys gods light and warmth, but refuses to accept that it is god providing the food, the house, god that switches the light on, god that has the warmth, how can you be so arrogant and proud to think that you are the centre of the universe, whilst walking around blinkered to all the wonder round you that is by the grace of god. You show god no love, no respect, and that god appears to love you more than me, I suppose that is why god is god.............................

Ishna

Writer
SPNer
May 9, 2006
I think it's a marvelous post which showcases Harry ji's unique perspective. You get a taste of that reading the post, you have to turn your mind 180 degrees to understand, but it's fantastic and well worth the effort!

Off topic: Following on from the recent "ads-based-on-thread-content" discussion, now I'm getting an ad for WSPA on my screen: Some dogs aren't given treats... they're given poison. *sniffles *

Ambarsaria

ੴ / Ik▫oaʼnkār
Writer
SPNer
Dec 21, 2010
spnadminji,

please feel free to in future amend any title if you feel it is wrongly provocative, I would hate to have a SPGC task force turn up at my house!
Harry ji, you put a bigger poster of your Avatar on your door, forget the SGPC, no one will knock from far and wide. lol

Creator loves you unconditionally, the elements of creation will reciprocate in general. So Alfie, Dan and Virgil fit right in. Perhaps according to you, their deviation from your expectations is little more than you like. However, they all are responding as to who understands them most.

Even dogs and cats expect some level of respect. Perhaps they are getting it more from the God in the house versus . This is part of the sixth sense connection and the unspoken world of magic that is creation.

Anyone can do the other stuff like food, play and basic chores.

Sat Sri Akal.

PS: This is no different than when a man does everything to over please a woman, but is still not accepted by that woman and vice versa. The sixth sense mushy feeling is not lining up.

Harry Haller

Panga Master
SPNer
Jan 31, 2011
Harry ji, you put a bigger poster of your Avatar on your door, forget the SGPC, no one will knock from far and wide. lol

Creator loves you unconditionally, the elements of creation will reciprocate in general. So Alfie, Dan and Virgil fit right in. Perhaps according to you, their deviation from your expectations is little more than you like. However, they all are responding as to who understands them most.

Even dogs and cats expect some level of respect. Perhaps they are getting it more from the God in the house versus . This is part of the sixth sense connection and the unspoken world of magic that is creation.

Anyone can do the other stuff like food, play and basic chores.

Sat Sri Akal.

PS: This is no different than when a man does everything to over please a woman, but is still not accepted by that woman and vice versa. The sixth sense mushy feeling is not lining up.

My mother hates my avatar, only the other day, she rang and asked why I couldn't have something pleasant like that nice Bhagat Singh

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM