• Welcome to all New Sikh Philosophy Network Forums!
    Explore Sikh Sikhi Sikhism...

1984 Anti-Sikh Pogrom 84 Riots Case: Kumar Terms CBI Witnesses Unreliable

spnadmin

1947-2014 (Archived)
SPNer
Jun 17, 2004
'84 riots case: Kumar terms CBI witnesses unreliable

fullstory

New Delhi, May 22 (PTI)
Senior Congress leader Sajjan Kumar today alleged before a Delhi court that CBI's witnesses in a 1984 anti-Sikh riots case against him were not reliable as they had retracted from their versions.

"All the witnesses, who retracted from their affidavits before the judicial officers, are liable to be prosecuted for lying on oath," Kumar's counsel I U Khan told Additional Sessions Judge Sunita Gupta.

Khan referred to a statement of victim Anek Kaur, whose husband Vakil Singh was killed in the riots, to claim that she had first named Kumar before Jain-Banerjee Committee constituted after the carnage in 1985 and later retracted it before a court.

"The Metropolitan Magistrate recorded her versions as court witness on November 13, 1998 and consigned the file to record room as untraced after she claimed that she did not see the political leader," he submitted.

japjisahib04

Mentor
SPNer
Jan 22, 2005
kuwait
Sajjan Kumar perhaps has forgotton that he alongwith hundreds of his supporter and who still are with him used to openly celebrate killings of innocents sikhs. This was the reason High Command was extending support tohim by allocating with the ticket. Sajjan Kumar is retracting from his own agenda on the basis of which he was winning from his constiutinecy. May God ***** his conscience.
Best regrds

spnadmin

1947-2014 (Archived)
SPNer
Jun 17, 2004
Mohindr ji

Tell me if I am wrong. Were there not even pictures of him doing this rabble rousing on the Internet not too long ago?

Yes he needs God's support to clear his conscience.

japjisahib04

Mentor
SPNer
Jan 22, 2005
kuwait
Yes there were lot of pictures and people who delibrately and mischievously voted him were criminal too. I think hundreds of thousands of people who voted him should be tried even.
Best regards

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM