• Welcome to all New Sikh Philosophy Network Forums!
    Explore Sikh Sikhi Sikhism...

70/79 Yr Old Sikh Couple Have A Baby Via IVF! (Amritsar)

Harkiran Kaur

Leader

Writer
SPNer
Jul 20, 2012
Just thought I would share this remarkable story! While I can understand that men can father a child to their elder years, with women it's not so...at least in VAST majority of cases there is a time limit... after which the eggs become a bit too hard boiled! (wink wink nudge nudge). But please take note that the couple did NOT use an egg donor! The baby is biologically both her and her husband's! I am glad they are happy, but I also worry about the child and who will take care of it when they pass on.

Indian woman gives birth at 70 with help of IVF

I know it's not exactly 'religious' news pertaining to Sikhi but, it's news none the less because they have broken a record!

kds1980

SPNer
Apr 3, 2005
INDIA
Mrs Kaur underwent three rounds of in-vitro fertilisation treatment using anonymous donor eggs

They used egg donor , also the head of Gynaecologists are criticising the doctor as rogue doctor
Dr Hrishikesh Pai, head of India’s federation of 31,000 gynaecologists, called Dr Bishnoi a “rogue doctor” and “repeat offender”, urging lawmakers to introduce regulations preventing his practice.

“We condemn this totally. With science, you can make a 90-year-old person pregnant, what’s the big deal? The question is not about technicalities, it’s about ethics. Our responsibility to the patient. This man is an upstart, he doesn’t represent us. He needs to be banned.” “Not a good idea. It’s cowboy medicine,” added Dr Aniruddha Malpani, who runs a Mumbai-based fertility clinic. “Doctors are just out to show how much they can push the envelope. This gives IVF doctors a bad name. People think we’re irresponsible, doing stupid stuff.”

Harkiran Kaur

Leader

Writer
SPNer
Jul 20, 2012
They used egg donor , also the head of Gynaecologists are criticising the doctor as rogue doctor

Ahh do u know what I had two links of that story this is what the other link says:
70-year-old Indian woman gives birth to first baby - Regional | The Star Online

image.jpeg

But I thought it would be impossible to have her own egg. Anyway so the baby is his but it has no genetic link to her. So baby is her husband and another woman's essentially.

Harkiran Kaur

Leader

Writer
SPNer
Jul 20, 2012
Who is going to look after the kid when he/she is going through puberty and needs them the most? They may not be there then.

That is my question. I can understand the desire to produce offspring to have a biological lineage. Except the woman is not even biologically related to the child (although he is), but they essentially produced a child (his and another woman's DNA) that will only end up in adoption system... not sure how well that works out in India. They did this for what reason? In her case she is not even leaving biological lineage at all. In his case, so what... he has a biological child that will end up in who's care and what future? I have to ask if this was a bit selfish decision on their part, but not my place to judge. I just hope the child finds a good family (or possibly younger relatives) to live with when they pass on which we can't deny, is a sad reality.

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM

📌 For all latest updates, follow the Official Sikh Philosophy Network Whatsapp Channel: