• Welcome to all New Sikh Philosophy Network Forums!
    Explore Sikh Sikhi Sikhism...

1984 Anti-Sikh Pogrom 26-yr-long Struggle Of 84 Riots Widow To Get Husband's Death Certificate, Finally Over

kds1980

SPNer
Apr 3, 2005
INDIA
19_05_2010_001_014_008.jpg

Kiranjit Kaur's ordeal is finally over.

For 26 years, she ran pillar to post, from Patiala to Delhi, for her husband Narinderjit Singh's death certificate.
Singh, a teacher, was killed on November 1, 1984 during the anti-Sikh riots that broke out after the assassination of Indira Gandhi.

On April 27 this year, the Delhi High Court ordered the sub-divisional magistrate of Vasant Vihar to release Singh's death certificate with- in six weeks, after verifying the particulars.

The death certificate isn't just closure for Kaur; with it she will finally be able to apply for compensation.

“The petitioner has been waiting for relief for over two decades; there should be no further delay,“ the judge said. Kaur lost her husband barely a year after their mar- riage. At the age of 22, with a two-month-old son, she start- ed the long struggle for his death certificate. “I was new in Delhi. From policemen to babus, everybody deceived me.
They sent me from the DCP's office in Tis Hazari court com- plex to the SDM's office in Punjabi Bagh“ Kaur told HT.

“I saw my mother run around for the certificate,“ son Harsimranjit Randhawa, now a law graduate, said.
“Once we get it, we'll apply for compensation.“

jasi

SPNer
Apr 28, 2005
canada
SS AKAL JI.

This is shame on Indian leaders to see people being citizens of their own country feeling not secured in their own country but ready to give their lives to defend their county INDIA.Very proud to be Indian and that is why we stayed slaves for over 2000 years.

Do the leaders cares ????????????????????

OLD SAYINGS.

"HERO WORSHIP IS MORE STRONGER WHERE THERE IS LEAST VALUE OF AN HUMAN BEINGS."

Jaspi:wah:

Bmandur

SPNer
May 15, 2008
Canada
SS AKAL JI.

This is shame on Indian leaders to see people being citizens of their own country feeling not secured in their own country but ready to give their lives to defend their county INDIA.Very proud to be Indian and that is why we stayed slaves for over 2000 years.

Do the leaders cares ????????????????????

Are you kidding Leaders just know how to Debit their Bank Balances
How to cheat and fraud
Leaders are like Masand we should fry them!!!

Aug 6, 2006
SSA,
When we select the leaders, we vote for the parties, for the castes, for the religion and for some pitty personal gains. Thats how these uncaring, corrupt leaders come to the front. We have to wake up. The aware ones has to take it as their moral duty to spread this awareness so that at the time of votes we can select the good lot.
Roopsidhu

jasi

SPNer
Apr 28, 2005
canada
SS Akal Ji.

There are many politicians were elected by the masses without having any http://www.sikhphilosophy.net/../members/bmandur.html basic knowledge to understand democratic system and voting rights and power of single vote remains very week among our people because of illiteracy especially in rural area.

Today governments has their own judges,lawyers,ministers to decide when or what to take a actions by considering not to displeased their constituents (Mostly Hindus) who voted them to be in power.

How one can expect any justice done when police and bunches of governments on all level is involved to incite these violent acts in your own country?

If one realizes and share your feelings with Bibi Kiran Jit Kaur Ji's tragic lost of her husband when she was only 22 years old and then have to go through such a painful experiences to make her appeal to get death certificate of her murdered husband for 26 years.:confused: in her own country.

It is beyond expression to be treated in your own country.

It is time to change the system like President of USA O Bama being black raised his slogan it is time to change and YES WE CAN.

Black people 's history of slavery and treatments by American societies is beyond expression and now people have voiced together to elect President of America being black is miracle contributed by democratic rights.

Similar tragedy happened in BIHAR STATE where people were single out in certain religions brought to killing spree in independent India by politicians to make their constituents happy by punishing the societies.

Over 99% people and government is aware of who were the culprits and still holding holding high profile positions in the government or public sectors including who publicly boasted of killing of one pregnant women by stabbing her in her stomach with dagger.

Sikh are not alone but all minorities must learns these lessons to make sure to understand these leaders before voting them in power.

These are the same opportunist people who made British flourished and also made India under slavery of Mogul Raj for thousand of years.

One must learn the history will repeat again unless we are prepared intellectually not being violent but with wisdom because there is no other powerful tools than to exercise a non-violence approach.

Mandela of Africa who got what he want to accomplish after spending over 27 years in jail without inciting any Violence acts.Same Mr. M.Gandhi proved to the world by using slogan of non-violence contributed to the cause of freedom from long existed British Raj.

India has God 's blessing to have democracy where people can exercise their voting rights to elect the Government for the people by the people.

It all boils down to how much people are made aware of power of vote and think before loosing their precious right to vote for wrong leaders.

There are millions of masses in rural area who are deliberately deprived of enough financial support by the government to open technical or other institutions in rural area compare to what we have in urban populations.Just to keep them from being educated to understand the power of their voting rights.

Because politician do not want 85% people living in villages to be aware of the power of voting system.Keep all villagers less educated.

We ,in Canada has perfect examples when PC government was in power lost most of the seats across Canada because people felt thier performances were not approved by the people.

PC party reorganizes them selves after listening the people concerns and changed their acts to become strong party once again.

That is a beauty of democracy where person being black can be a president of USA is like a miracle come through.Again thanks to democracy.

In Canada we have more than 15 members of parliaments ( SIKH OR INDIAN ORIGIN ELECTED MP) and ministers in Canada because of strong democratic rights and people knows how to exercise their voting rights wisely.

Jagretti is number one routs to avoid future tragedy in India and get rid of these seasonal politicians who shows up in front of your door after every 5 years begging your votes to be elected and then forget for another 5 years who you are.

My one of its own kind beautiful Punjab is blessed with Baba Guru Nanak Dev Ji's blessing is being divided into so many different Jathas or off shoots under different names has been springing up of Preachers and Babas who are determined to make as much as followers and money to be powerful than others.

They are all preaching for their self recognitions like a celebrity instead of connecting people to Guru Granth Sahib ji .

The only Guru we have for all Sikhs is GURU GRANTH SAHIB JI and hope Das's writing will encourage all Sikhs to be more aware of their rights.

seeker3k

SPNer
May 24, 2008
canada

For 26 years, she ran pillar to post, from Patiala to Delhi, for her husband Narinderjit Singh's death certificate.
Singh, a teacher, was killed on November 1, 1984 during the anti-Sikh riots that broke out after the assassination of Indira Gandhi.

On April 27 this year, the Delhi High Court ordered the sub-divisional magistrate of Vasant Vihar to release Singh's death certificate with- in six weeks, after verifying the particulars.

The death certificate isn't just closure for Kaur; with it she will finally be able to apply for compensation.

“The petitioner has been waiting for relief for over two decades; there should be no further delay,“ the judge said. Kaur lost her husband barely a year after their mar- riage. At the age of 22, with a two-month-old son, she start- ed the long struggle for his death certificate. “I was new in Delhi. From policemen to babus, everybody deceived me.
They sent me from the DCP's office in Tis Hazari court com- plex to the SDM's office in Punjabi Bagh“ Kaur told HT.

“I saw my mother run around for the certificate,“ son Harsimranjit Randhawa, now a law graduate, said.

SSA
<?"urn::eek:ffice:eek:ffice" /><o:p> </o:p>
It is shame what happened in 1984 and what has happened till now.
<o:p> </o:p>
I have one question for bibi Kiranjit Kaur and other victims of 1984,
Back then in Canada USA UK millions dollars were collected by the Sikhs and others. That money was to be given to help the victims. has Kiranjit Kaur or other victims received any of that money?
Seeker3k

Last edited by a moderator:

jasi

SPNer
Apr 28, 2005
canada
SS Akal JI.

<!-- google_ad_section_start(weight=ignore) -->roopsidhu<!-- google_ad_section_end --> Ji

May Wahe Guru Ji give you the strength to educate our bothers,sisters and make them aware about facts in rural areas.

Some time one SARPNACH can lure many people on his side to vote for some particulars leaders because he has been tipped for this favors.

Same thing with all these baba's has string attached to all politician to get protection for themselves and make sure politicians for guarantee to have their Sangat votes.

Corruption has creeped in every where in India.Dharam has become business .

Let one again Waheguru Ji send us:wah: Baba Nanak Dev Ji to carry us across this world..

Jaspi

mukul singh

SPNer
Jul 31, 2009

I am feeling ashamed of this.Riots of 1984 was over for people like us but not for Kiranjit Kaur ji, she was still fighting,I am ashamed of my country's political structure,Such a suffering promote hate towards our own country men whereas everybody is not a culpret.She is should be paid compensation of last 26 years along with compound interest,and it should be given for her entire life,if govt wish to pay her regards for her efforts, then his son should get some good designated Govt job.
We all should sign a petition & forward to Tis Hazari asking for this,Kindly everybody suggest!
Gursikh
Mukul Singh

jasi

SPNer
Apr 28, 2005
canada
SS AKAL JI

mukul singh<!-- google_ad_section_end --> Ji.

I am sure she will get full compensations as supreme court decision was to provide her death certificate without further delays.

Hope Indian compensation department will take her case on priority otherwise the best thing is to get media attentions since she is already made her point by going the extrema .

Her event is very sad and soul touching experience.

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM