• Welcome to all New Sikh Philosophy Network Forums!
    Explore Sikh Sikhi Sikhism...

1984 Anti-Sikh Pogrom 1984 Anti-Sikh Riots: I Heard Cries Of People Throughout Night, Claims 69-yr-old Woman

spnadmin

1947-2014 (Archived)
SPNer
Jun 17, 2004
New Delhi, July 22: A woman witness, who lost five of her family members, including the husband and a son during the 1984 anti-Sikh riots, claimed before a court conducting trial against Congress leader Sajjan Kumar that she had heard cries of people throughout a night. "I kept praying throughout the night. During the night, I could hear the cries of people who were being brought out and attacked in that part of Raj Nagar where the incharge of the police post had gone and could also see smoke rising from that area. I also heard the sound of firing," Jagdish Kaur told Additional Sessions Judge Sunita Gupta.

The 69-year-old witness was being cross examined for the seventh day in a row during the on-going trial against Kumar and others.

"Thereafter, some noble human beings came to me and told me that the dead bodies were lying for the last three days and the bodies would decompose and asked me as to what should be done to the bodies," Kaur said.

The witness, who was confronted with her previous affidavit submitted before Justice G T Nanavati Commission which inquired the sequence of events leading to the riots, was found to have made some ‘improvements’ as pointed out by counsel for accused Anil Kumar Sharma during her cross examination.

Kaur, who came to the national capital from Amritsar to depose in the case, narrated the turn of events as to how she went to Cantonment area to seek help as her husband Kehar Singh worked in the MES of Indian Army.

She also claimed that she had gone to the police station along with an Army officer but nothing came out of it.

http://www.zopag.com/news/1984-anti...oughout-night-claims-69yrold-woman/23520.html

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM

📌 For all latest updates, follow the Official Sikh Philosophy Network Whatsapp Channel: